Saucer Kings

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 9:01 pm » by Saucerking

I'm making a movie that some people on Disclose.tv might like. It's certainly on topic and this seems like the place to post about it. So far it's been pretty much invisible on Kickstarter and I don't know how else to at least make people aware that it exists other than to post about it on a vibrant forum like this.

Here's a link to it and a poster. The video is pretty good, I'm told. I think you'll get a few laughs out of it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/885578295/saucer-kings

Initiate

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 10:39 pm » by Just a thought

Trevor Markwart

pledged of $5,000 goal

Pledge $5,000 CAD or more
You'll get EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CREDIT at the beginning of the film. Plus all of the $100 perks. If you want something else, message me and we'll talk!

Wow! And for $5,000 I can get Executive producer credit. Oh boy.
For $5,000 I would want 70% ownership seeing as how that’s the entire pledge.

"Every crowd has a silver lining." Phineas Taylor Barnum

Get a job and pay for it yourself.

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:05 pm » by Saucerking

Chaindrive wrote:Thats hilarious! Image

Reminds me of those old Matinee At The Bijou shows they use to have on saturday afternoons.

Its got Pulp Fiction pastured all over it.. more than positive IMDB.com would give it very high marks.

Worth watching.

Thanks a lot, Chaindrive! You are very kind.

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 pm » by Saucerking

Just a thought wrote:Trevor Markwart

pledged of $5,000 goal

Pledge $5,000 CAD or more
You'll get EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CREDIT at the beginning of the film. Plus all of the $100 perks. If you want something else, message me and we'll talk!

Wow! And for $5,000 I can get Executive producer credit. Oh boy.
For $5,000 I would want 70% ownership seeing as how that’s the entire pledge.

"Every crowd has a silver lining." Phineas Taylor Barnum

Get a job and pay for it yourself.

Actually it's to get the ball rolling on production of the film, starting with the special effects stage. I have to offer quite a bit in the beginning stage of these things and set the bar low for the "successful funding". Your post is pretty inaccurate because for $5000 you are not Executive producer but an Associate Producer, get to appear in the film, and receive many other perks. If you were somebody looking to be involved in professional filmmaking, that amount is very small in the big scheme of things. Here's why:

If you have read and looked into the project and me, which it's clear you haven't, you'd see that my last produced feature starred Jaime King (Sin City), Pei-pei Cheng (Hong Kong cinema's "Queen of Swords") and had a cameo by Michael Biehn (which was the coolest thing for me). It had a relatively small total budget of $7 million. Though it had a very successful theatrical run in Asia, here it had only a short strategic theatrical release in North America and then a focus on PPV, movie channels (like ScyFy and HBO), and home video all over the world in about 10 languages that I know of. However, I had no creative control over how it worked out, was rewritten, and that was a few years ago now. Which is something I want to change with a project like SAUCER KINGS. So I'm starting small to get the ball rolling on it with this modest campaign.

I understand your cynicism. I mean, a quick glance shows a whole bunch of junk on Kickstarter by people who are going to make videos in their backyards or parents' basements staring their friends. I get where you're coming from. I don't blame you for lashing out against something/someone you know nothing about. That's my natural reaction to a lot of what I see, but I step back and restrain myself and realize it really doesn't matter to me what they're up to. So I can relate to you.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 pm » by Seahawk

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1665988/

If I had some extra bucks, I'd throw some your way.

Good Luck, Trevor. :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Initiate

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:56 pm » by Just a thought

Dear Mr. Markwart
I did look into it before I posted. Not trying to start a fight with you but I don’t donate to someone else’s hobby.
Stalkers really should not be listed as there is a question to its eligibility under IMDb rules. It was not on TV.
Box office / business for
Poe Lost Poe (2006) More at IMDbPro »
Budget
$CAD15,000 (estimated)
Release Dates
Canada 23 September 2006 (Antimatter Festival of Underground Short Film and Video)
Bowzer (2004) More at IMDbPro »
Budget
$CAD15,000 (estimated)
Release Dates
Canada 18 September 2004 (Antimatter Festival of Underground Short Film and Video)
"Stalkers" (2005) More at IMDbPro »
Budget
$10,000 (estimated)
Release Dates
Canada 16 September 2006 (internet)
They Wait (2007)
Release Dates
Canada 7 September 2007 (Toronto International Film Festival)
Canada 7 October 2007 (Vancouver International Film Festival)
USA 15 April 2008 (WorldFest Houston)
USA 25 April 2008 (USA Film Festival)
USA 16 September 2008 (DVD premiere)
Netherlands 11 November 2008 (DVD premiere)
Philippines 1 April 2009
So obviously you haven’t made much money at this or you would not need any ones donations. And as for IMDb well:
Adding yourself to the IMDb
If you want to add yourself and your filmography to the Internet Movie Database, the first thing you need to do is make sure you aren't already listed. We have over 50 million credits in the database, and unless you've just started your career and/or worked only on a very recent film, it's likely that one of your credits is already listed (maybe under a different spelling of your name).
If you are positive your name isn't present, you must then verify that you have eligible credits. If you believe you have eligible credits, then you're welcome to submit them through our web-based interface.
To do this, you must look up the page for a film where you were credited. All pages in the IMDb feature a search box at the top of the page. You need to enter the title of the film/show and click the "Go" button to start the search.
After you've reached the page for the title to which you want to add your credit, scroll down to the bottom and click the button labeled Edit Page. You'll be taken to the appropriate page to update your information.
Ref: http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?resumeaddnewname

PostSun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 am » by Saucerking

Just a thought said: "So obviously you haven’t made much money at this or you would not need any ones donations."

Yes, I haven't made as much money with my filmmaking as say Warner Bros. with their Veronica Mars project, or rich celebrities like Zach Braff or Spike Lee and a growing list of others who have also run Kickstarter projects. However I have had a few good years, on and off, and have enjoyed the support of national funding agencies like Telefilm Canada and others, and am looking forward to some more. But of course it's not very easy maintaining a stable career in this. But I figure there's nothing wrong with me, pretty much a nobody, doing a modest little Kickstarter project if people I've only been able to meet and envy like Charlie Kaufman et al can do it!

Who knows? Maybe I'll get somewhere with this approach, maybe not.

How are your dreams coming, by the way? Are you actively working to make them come true?

PostSun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 am » by Saucerking

Seahawk wrote:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1665988/

If I had some extra bucks, I'd throw some your way.

Good Luck, Trevor. :cheers:

Thank you very much for your positive vibes!

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 am » by Webcat

Good luck.

:think:

:cheers:

Initiate

PostSun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 am » by Just a thought

Saucerking wrote:Just a thought said: "So obviously you haven’t made much money at this or you would not need any ones donations."

Yes, I haven't made as much money with my filmmaking as say Warner Bros. with their Veronica Mars project, or rich celebrities like Zach Braff or Spike Lee and a growing list of others who have also run Kickstarter projects. However I have had a few good years, on and off, and have enjoyed the support of national funding agencies like Telefilm Canada and others, and am looking forward to some more. But of course it's not very easy maintaining a stable career in this. But I figure there's nothing wrong with me, pretty much a nobody, doing a modest little Kickstarter project if people I've only been able to meet and envy like Charlie Kaufman et al can do it!

Who knows? Maybe I'll get somewhere with this approach, maybe not.

How are your dreams coming, by the way? Are you actively working to make them come true?

I am not a dreamer just an observer. I guess that’s my position in life. I would never stop you or anyone else from seeking their dreams. I just don’t like when people ask other people for donations and if they do hit it big the other person only gets a mug or a tee shirt or mention within the credits. I wish you all the luck in the world with your endeavor.

Next