~Science and God~

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostFri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm » by SamueltheLion

thanks for typing that out nuggets, good stuff :)

nice links, enough for anyone who really wants to know to see.

fact is, everyone has "faith" and "belief" or -HYPOTHESIS- and then goes on to prove it, at which point it becomes knowledge.

no truly religious/ seeking person will demand blind obedience or blind faith from you.

they will say: learn, learn for yourself, take what you can, take what works, go, explore.

look at people like da vinci, hell, look at the alchemists & thoth.

lol.

silly silly people.
mysticism (the direct experience of the one-ness of all things)
and science (the proving thereof by way of rationality / repeatable experimentation).
go hand in hand.

or more precisely: hand (spirit) in glove (matter).

iwanci, you are a nice person, i like talking to you, but some things you are quite wrong about.

:hugging:
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

samuelthemule wrote:thanks for typing that out nuggets, good stuff :)

nice links, enough for anyone who really wants to know to see.

fact is, everyone has "faith" and "belief" or -HYPOTHESIS- and then goes on to prove it, at which point it becomes knowledge.

no truly religious/ seeking person will demand blind obedience or blind faith from you.

they will say: learn, learn for yourself, take what you can, take what works, go, explore.

look at people like da vinci, hell, look at the alchemists & thoth.

lol.

silly silly people.
mysticism (the direct experience of the one-ness of all things)
and science (the proving thereof by way of rationality / repeatable experimentation).
go hand in hand.

or more precisely: hand (spirit) in glove (matter).

iwanci, you are a nice person, i like talking to you, but some things you are quite wrong about.

:hugging:

NP. Took me about 5 min, I type 128wpm average, and providing facts to prove my statements(and my beliefs) and experience the winning just makes it all the more humorous. :alien51: (another reason why when im stating facts, i do not portray them as facts unless I know they are. I am a numbers man, if i met you once in 3 months ,I wouldn't remember your name, but i'd know your age if we talked about it or any other number references..)

:cheers: man.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 03, 2011 12:04 am » by Iwanci

My friends let's take a deep breath and look at the stated FACTS shall we?

I never stated that scientists were not believers in higher beings.. I do recall however some dimwit that likes to state facts as stating that statistics have shown that 90% (or over) of scientists believe in a higher being??? So, in keeping with the FACTS as you call them, I simply asked for the proof of this statement..

Citing a bunch of scientists names and what they stated only shows that these scientists were believers, it does not prove that 90% of scientists are believers..

Yet again, religious nutters calling on facts to back their claims and yet again relying on scant bits of information to try and prove a falsehood. Let us assume for one second that 1000 well known scientists did in fact state that they were believers in a higher more powerful being. (we all know that no-one surveyed 1000 scientists don’t we?) then....
Firstly, let’s qualify what they refer to as a higher more powerful being? Are they referring to a ‘creator’? or simply the possibility of the existence of a more powerful life form in our universe? A minor detail to a religious person trying to state evidence, but one that often gets overlooked.
Secondly, just because a scientist may believe in a higher more powerful being, does not mean that there actually is one, unless of course that scientist can prove it? Naturally, again lets not let the facts get in the way.
Thirdly, even if 1000 scientists stated their belief, do you think the world only has 1000 scientists living on it? I would suggest there are more likely 10,000 to 100,000 scientists living on the planet as we speak, in various scientific capacities. Do you think all of them were surveyed? Or do we rely on strategic random samples to be the definitive of what ALL the scientists think? 90% of ALL scientists was the claim was it not?
Fourthly... let’s not even begin to start to evaluate the sample data shall we for inconsistencies, flawed samples, objectivity of questioning, skewing etc etc ..

My point is a simple one.. if you stat FACT.. show the fact or just say you ‘think’ or you ‘believe that’..
Now..show me the money!! Don’t manifest your lies and engross your ego’s.. state a fact, back it up.. show me the survey of all scientists on this planet and 90% or more agreeing that there is a creator, and I WILL BELIEVE YOU... naturally, I will still not believe them, because, unlike many sheeple, I do not follow the heard... and this is another simple fact that religious people ignore.. we love anyone who agrees with us don’t we? And we damn them if they disagree, watch your backs my friends, because those greater than you in your circles feel likewise and have their eyes on you... Ego can only feed off one thing.. another man’s weakness, and there again is another flaw in your mindsets...
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 03, 2011 12:20 am » by Mrmcnuggets

iwanci wrote:My friends let's take a deep breath and look at the stated FACTS shall we?

I never stated that scientists were not believers in higher beings.. I do recall however some dimwit that likes to state facts as stating that statistics have shown that 90% (or over) of scientists believe in a higher being??? So, in keeping with the FACTS as you call them, I simply asked for the proof of this statement..

Citing a bunch of scientists names and what they stated only shows that these scientists were believers, it does not prove that 90% of scientists are believers..

Yet again, religious nutters calling on facts to back their claims and yet again relying on scant bits of information to try and prove a falsehood. Let us assume for one second that 1000 well known scientists did in fact state that they were believers in a higher more powerful being. (we all know that no-one surveyed 1000 scientists don’t we?) then....
Firstly, let’s qualify what they refer to as a higher more powerful being? Are they referring to a ‘creator’? or simply the possibility of the existence of a more powerful life form in our universe? A minor detail to a religious person trying to state evidence, but one that often gets overlooked.
Secondly, just because a scientist may believe in a higher more powerful being, does not mean that there actually is one, unless of course that scientist can prove it? Naturally, again lets not let the facts get in the way.
Thirdly, even if 1000 scientists stated their belief, do you think the world only has 1000 scientists living on it? I would suggest there are more likely 10,000 to 100,000 scientists living on the planet as we speak, in various scientific capacities. Do you think all of them were surveyed? Or do we rely on strategic random samples to be the definitive of what ALL the scientists think? 90% of ALL scientists was the claim was it not?
Fourthly... let’s not even begin to start to evaluate the sample data shall we for inconsistencies, flawed samples, objectivity of questioning, skewing etc etc ..

My point is a simple one.. if you stat FACT.. show the fact or just say you ‘think’ or you ‘believe that’..
Now..show me the money!! Don’t manifest your lies and engross your ego’s.. state a fact, back it up.. show me the survey of all scientists on this planet and 90% or more agreeing that there is a creator, and I WILL BELIEVE YOU... naturally, I will still not believe them, because, unlike many sheeple, I do not follow the heard... and this is another simple fact that religious people ignore.. we love anyone who agrees with us don’t we? And we damn them if they disagree, watch your backs my friends, because those greater than you in your circles feel likewise and have their eyes on you... Ego can only feed off one thing.. another man’s weakness, and there again is another flaw in your mindsets...

I am nothing of a highly religious person lmfao.
http://www.livescience.com/379-scientis ... pline.html
scientists-do-prove-there-is-a-creator-god-t55827.html?hilit=Scientists%20believe%20in%20God
2/3rds + the dead notables (who have very well built the such defined structure of the universe and how it operates, or how cells work, or how life in general works.) +76% of doctors is more than 90%, No?

Good Jorb.. :bang;
:cheers:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 pm » by SamueltheLion

hey iwanci, i love when people disagree with me.

a true enemy is a rare thing.

you are not my enemy though.

and i don't have massive ego problems.

peace

oh and good points about the facts thingy thing. what is a fact really ring-a-ding-ding?

prove it to yourself. doesn't matter WTF anyone else says, k? peace :)

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 5:04 am » by Iwanci

Mr Mule, I would like to think I have no enemies, no-one hates me as I hate no-one (you included). One great ability we all posses is the ability to disagree, and as you can tell, I exercise mine a fair bit. Not because I like to, but it’s just the way my brain works, or doesn’t work. I like to question things.

Facts are Facts Mr McNuggets... I was told that more than 90% of scientists believe in the existence of a superior creator. I simply asked for some proof of this supposed fact, fair enough I would think? Giving me a new stat of 2/3rds or +76% of another profession is a stupid and ridiculous argument. For a start 2/3rds is never going to be greater than 90%. Secondly +76% is likewise not +90%. Combining the 2 will again NOT give you more than 90%. So, in answer to your question, NO, it does not equate to +90%. If I am reading you right and you are being serious, I will state that you did not study mathematics, the other thing is that you lack a logical thought process. If you were agreeing with me, fine.. I like it when that happens, and it is ok for me to be right now and then. READ the article you linked on your post.... then tell me what it says..

So, when stating facts, do ONE simple thing.. back them up... or simply stat that it is not a fact, just a random sample, an opportunistic and biased one at that.

NEXT....
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 am » by SamueltheLion

america: land of opportunity
(opp [war] ort [place] unity (e pluribus unum: diversity combining to unity)

or opportunists? (ruthless people who rape the real rowers & sowers?)

you decide!

be part of the kennedy solution ;)

alternatively: opp or tunity war or unity, through music???

If a nation you would mend first the arts you must descend,
from heaven's high horse,
let it fly the right course,
through the needle's eye, and yet
not through the pie in the sky,
but the pi phi fly on the earth!

:P

can you READ music?

oh and back at you iwanci: i wanna see! obi iwanc ken obi? ;)

your enemies enemy is your friend, so, decide:
is your enemy humanity,
or is it the ego which is secretly causing all the problems FOR humanity?

my enemys enemy is my friend:
and my friend is humanity,
it is the ego-geo
earth-heart which has been tainted by forces unknown,
which must be fixed and put in its rightful place (first abased, then exalted).

Previous