Science to prove ghosts exist

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 am » by Emeraldtruth

Much appreciated Spock.
I didn't intend to create work for ye.
I have no idea how I did it.

Regarding the pic., I'm glad you touched on it.
I deliberately included it as I thought it presented complex possibilities,
in a simple(and slighty amusing) way.

I personally have had no ghost experiences, I probably frighten them :D
When I was a kid my Grandmother used to tell me loads of local ones but I forget them all now.
"Headless horsemen" I do recall her frequently referring to.
By which she meant a headless man riding(almost typed driving) a horse and carriage.

Anybody here hear of this term or type of ghostly encounter?

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 am » by Spock

The double posting has happened a lot lately I've notice, must be a glitch.

Never heard of a real life headless horseman - that to me is more in the lore category, but if, there was some sort of traumatic experience that caused the death of someone, perhaps those emotions are engraved on the environment in some fashion. A tape recording.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 am » by Zegtelzegtel

never heard of headless horsemen....

but it COULD make a NICE movie.... :mrgreen:

did you guyz tried some ghost ''games''

I never did and will never do

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:12 am » by Emeraldtruth

Yeah, it could be bs.
Personally I feel that if I accept the possibility of ghosts,
I cannot deny the possibility of "Headless horsemen" ghosts.
I'll do some checking now to see, I mentioned it but hadn't thought about it in ages.

To last poster, I tried the Ouija board when I was like 12 or 13, but not since.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 am » by Emeraldtruth

Yep, lot of info on this subject.
I'll share some:
"All the Ghost Horses and all the Headless men... ...could not seem to find happiness again.

Ireland's Headless Horseman is referred to as The Dullahan. There are many stories about this Headless Horseman some of which involve different horses. The Dullahan often appeared as an omen of death. Some say he drove a carriage pulled by many black horses. Others have seen him riding a magnificent black stallion across the country side.
Is it the case that when this Headless Horseman of Ireland is not riding about doing being an omen of death he rides a white horse?

Charley Culnane of County Cork experienced. In Charley Culnane ended up challenging this Headless Horseman to a race, The Headless Horseman enjoyed himself so much that he helped, in spirit, Charley and his mare win another horse race."
This last quote makes me really wonder. I am quite familiar with Irish history and legends.

This reminds me more of the legendary race called the Tuatha de danaan.

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 am » by Spock

Obviously I have no real position on this, but I would tend to believe that the idea of a "headless horseman" could have originated with 1 individual, then as others perhaps saw something they interpreted it as the same example. It wouldn't take but a few instances of reinforcement to perpetuate something as legendary as that.

However...

[youtube]<object%20width="480"%20height="385"><param%20name="movie"%20value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0qJwl7AUQs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param%20name="allowFullScreen"%20value="true"></param><param%20name="allowscriptaccess"%20value="always"></param><embed%20src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0qJwl7AUQs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"%20type="application/x-shockwave-flash"%20allowscriptaccess="always"%20allowfullscreen="true"%20width="480"%20height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And there is full video for this - but I have to change computers NOW - battery is dead.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 am » by Emeraldtruth

I can't see anything of significance in this video Spock.
I'm encouraged you retain an open outlook though.
Here are some similar cases to show it's not limited to Ireland and Britain,
though my suspicion is the same accounts elsewhere are not necessarily caused by the same force now.

"Texas has it's own Headless Horseman.
Bavarian folklore has tales of Headless Horsemen who patrol the forests.
In India, a character called the Dund rides about headless.
The Green Knight of medieval legend was beheaded and now rides headless."

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 am » by Spock

emeraldtruth wrote:I can't see anything of significance in this video Spock.
I'm encouraged you retain an open outlook though.
Here are some similar cases to show it's not limited to Ireland and Britain,
though my suspicion is the same accounts elsewhere are not necessarily caused by the same force now.

"Texas has it's own Headless Horseman.
Bavarian folklore has tales of Headless Horsemen who patrol the forests.
In India, a character called the Dund rides about headless.
The Green Knight of medieval legend was beheaded and now rides headless."

Here it is. I've seen this on my 65" HDTV and yes - it is AMAZING!!!!

But something like this could be perpetuated into a claim of a headless horseman.

You should search this video to find a clearer shot of it, as I will too.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UovBlbzzwlE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UovBlbzzwlE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 2:10 am » by Spock

It appears to be people on horses moving to the left, and then circling back around a tree to the right, as if on a trail, walking in a line.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 2:38 am » by whitedeath

While that video is actually very good and difficult to debunk, I like how people (not just you spock in that instance) say I watched this on my High Definition etc
If the quality of the video is poor, having it up on a HD tv doesn't make it clearer.
Sorry, Just needed to say as I noticed someone else saying about having HD & watching a poor quality video the other day.

But back on topic, some questions that trouble me.
What if anything has an after-life, is there a level of intelligence or self awareness a species must have?
If every human since the first ones have gone into the after-life, it is going to be very busy! Unless we are all kept to certain dimensions and can't mix with those who came for example 1000 years earlier or later.

PreviousNext