Scientific Evidences - How Mobile Phones Affect Health

Initiate

PostWed Sep 02, 2009 6:22 pm » by Ufoblogger

I have been working in the area of antennas for nearly three decades. During this period, I have written more than 150 papers in national and international journals and conferences and also written a book entitled “Broadband Microstrip Antennas” published by Artech House, USA in 2003. I have probably designed, fabricated and tested more than 1000 antennas. In 2001, when I was writing my book, I used to spend around 80 to 90 hours per week in the Antenna Lab at IIT Bombay, I started having strange health problem that my fingers would swell and I would feel hot even when AC was ON though my student’s would feel very cold. Initially, doctors gave me medicine for skin treatment and later on, I was referred to Neurologist and after several weeks of medicine, there was still no relief. Meanwhile, I also consulted Homeopathy doctor, who after one month of doing experiment on me with his various medicines, told me that he has tried every possible thing and he can not do anything to cure me. Just around that time, I measured the radiation level in my office and lab, and found it to be very high. There were so many computers around me and there was radiation from all the computers and laptops. Also, we were always doing experiments with microwave circuits and antennas (occupational hazard). So, without realizing, my body was absorbing electromagnetic radiation from all these sources. The solution was simple: we re-arranged all the computers, partly isolated my office from the antenna lab, and I partially recovered in about 3-4 months of time.

Around that time, mobile phones had started coming to India on a mass scale, and cell towers started appearing on top of the residential buildings. I knew that sooner or later, people will start having problems due to microwave radiation.It took me nearly 6 years to develop “Radiation Shield”, which absorbs microwave radiation in the frequency range of 800 to 4000 MHz.

It is small, light weight, portable and low cost solution to ever increasing radiation pollution emitted from cell phone towers,cell phones,Wi-Fi,WLAN,3G,WiMax, microwave oven leakage, computers, lap-tops, wireless phone, etc.

In 2008, we carried out radiation measurement in the academic area of IIT Bombay, where several cell operators had installed transmitting towers, and found the radiation level to be very high. Thereafter, followed series of emails to ourlearned faculty members at IIT Bombay, and to my surprise, many of them did not know about harmful effects of microwave radiation on human body. They had so many questions that I had to do lot of research, collected hundreds of papers,saw several hundreds of websites, studied biological effects, and so on. Finally, I decided to ask my daughter,Neha Kumar,who has done B.Tech.in Bio-Technology from Anna Univ.,Chennai to prepare this report.

I sincerely hope that people will find this report useful and they will take immediate precaution to safeguard themselves and their families from undesired microwave radiation.

- Prof. Girish Kumar

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2009/08/scie ... obile.html