Scientist Claims Proof Of Afterlife

Writer

PostSun Feb 15, 2009 11:04 pm » by Meninblac8

for the ones who dont believe in heaven or hell.Arent you the lucky ones.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Feb 15, 2009 11:17 pm » by Drjones

meninblac8 wrote:for the ones who dont believe in heaven or hell.Arent you the lucky ones.

:think: :headscratch: :?:

Initiate

PostSun Feb 15, 2009 11:55 pm » by Alexrubic

belarion wrote:Alex my friend you seem to miss the point, paris hilton et al are made of personality which if you know your Jung, is synthetic and created to deal with personal interactions. persona, a mask. if they were made from some indestructable intangible esence we might call this a soul. there is no empirical proof of this even existing let alone surviving death. A trip to the morgue and back means squat! come back from being dead and buried for say, a year, then we will talk. unfortuneately reason takes a holiday here in place of belief, no faith in life after death, FAITH : the belief in something we know not to be true.

Yes, there are some matters on which I have faith in their veracity and others for which I demand proof. This happens to be a subject on which I require no further proof. Your definition of 'faith' is personal to you. It is not a universally accepted definition. Facts can be known but not truth, which is more philosophical in nature and can be personal and/or open to interpretation. Webster's defines 'faith' as a firm belief in something for which there is no proof, ergo an absence of proof is not proof of absence.

I find most people who dismiss the possibility of life after a death find a certain amount of comfort in knowing that there is no continuing responsibility for what they do - good or (mainly!) bad - in this (physical) life because they merely blink into non-existence on death.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Writer

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 7:03 am » by Belarion

So alex , you need no further proof in an area where it is paramount, so you just accept and thats good enough? living a lie makes your life easier? and as the existentialists have said, your living your life as if you will be accountable, is as we know much easier than taking account for your personal actions in the here and now. but if you must be told how to live, than who am I to judge somebody so afraid of freedom.

Writer

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 am » by Belarion

Your words of mr Thompson, were touching for the 18th century , but to be more contemporary the british (English) have been slaves to the Americans for all intents and purposes in terms of political idealism and of course financially since at least world war one rue Brittania .

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 9:44 am » by Clawspiracy

No shit, this is my proof, or as close to having it as can be...

When I was 10 years old, my family and I went to a place in New Jersey known as Seven Lakes. As soon as I got out of the car, my cousins and I headed for the water. I jumped in from a diving board and went straight down, losing my air as I hit the water. I panicked, and began flaying in the water, knowing full well that I was drowning. I seem to recall a vortex in the water as well. That's when reality faded...

As I lost consciousness, my life began to playback in my mind as a series of dream films, in a way that all space and time was distorted and infinite. I was watching these films even as I was aware that my air was gone and that I was drowning. I marveled at this even as I drowned, and when it seemed that no rescue was in sight, I gave up. I sunk to the depths of the lake, watching the sunlight above me through the water as I passed out. completely. I need to emphasize this. I gave up. I resigned my myself to dying. I was actually calm.

And then...

I found myself in a white room, bathed in white, with no obvious doors or windows, and I felt a strange warmth. Slowly, I saw the bare outline of a door and noticed it had a handle. As I reached for it, I felt a sucking sensation and I was pulled back from this place. I had been rescued, and someone was pumping water out of my lungs. Needless to say, the family vacation was canceled.

The side-effect of that event was profound. Firstly, I had already taken guitar lessons, which I'd hated and thus my guitar sat in a corner of the room, gathering dust. After the drowning, I picked it up and began to write. I then began to pick up every instrument I could. My pictures, mostly of space ships and war scenes (normal for 10 year old boy) began to shift into a more surreal take on things (eggs in a field with trees growing out of them). I began reading more, painting more, feeling more. I matured quickly, and I am convinced to this day that the drowning had everything to do with my creative outflow.
In fact, drowning connected me to something I feel is God to this day!

Now as far as death goes, I'm not welcoming it. I have thought in these last few months, that if my experience was wrong or some strange synapse of the brain firing off, and that there is nothing afterward... Then all this learning is for nothing, and our lives a futile existence. Why do I say that? Because the personality, no matter how shallow, is still based on who you are, what you learned. While we may pass that on to others when we die (via music, books, journals) it is still YOU that is over, and I find that horribly wrong. I want to go on as myself. That may seem shallow or egotistical, but I like who I've become. I don't want this to end, not now that I'm so close!
It's a Clawspiracy...

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 pm » by Alexrubic

I have had a somewhat similar drowning experience to yours, clawspiracy, though I did not go all the way. I have also had other experiences in my life which have lead me to my conclusion (my truth) and not to need to seek further proof.

As for belarion, I get the impression you are one of the many disinformation merchants or 'trolls' on this site! The fact is that the NWO enslavement started in Britain and was transported over to America (even their war of independence was all part of that plot) so, if anything, the Americans are slaves to the British NWO ring-leaders and always have been!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm » by Towelie

Ive never had a NDE or anything like that but its not like i have no experience of it, my grandfather was told hed be dead at 20 and lived to almost 60, i heard many stories from him of how hed seen his mother when he was at deaths door and was re-assured that hed live etc, this type of thing happend quite a bit as he was in and out of hospital a lot. I have nothing but love and respect for him but i still dont think he was realy seeing what he claimed to of seen, it just doesnt make sence to me that you die and are fine all cognitive abilities are there and ok, but if you fall and bang your head you may end up a nut case - consciousness can survive death intact but not a bang to your head?
Also i think the opposite about the continuing responsibility thing, how many truly horrific acts have been carried out in gods name how many BILLIONS have been slaughtered in his name all because they were going to be rewarded for these horrific acts, a belief in the afterlife has caused far more death and destruction than anyone or group of people that have no such belief.
When it comes down to it almost every single horrific act has been done in gods name and for the rewards theyd get in the afterlife, maybe if they didnt believe in the afterlife and rewards they woul of thought twice.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 pm » by Thricegreat

AlexRubic- let us not forget the Romans! As I recall, the Britions also had their tribute to pay and walls to build...

Initiate

PostTue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 am » by Alexrubic

towelie wrote:Ive never had a NDE or anything like that but its not like i have no experience of it, my grandfather was told hed be dead at 20 and lived to almost 60, i heard many stories from him of how hed seen his mother when he was at deaths door and was re-assured that hed live etc, this type of thing happend quite a bit as he was in and out of hospital a lot. I have nothing but love and respect for him but i still dont think he was realy seeing what he claimed to of seen, it just doesnt make sence to me that you die and are fine all cognitive abilities are there and ok, but if you fall and bang your head you may end up a nut case - consciousness can survive death intact but not a bang to your head?
Also i think the opposite about the continuing responsibility thing, how many truly horrific acts have been carried out in gods name how many BILLIONS have been slaughtered in his name all because they were going to be rewarded for these horrific acts, a belief in the afterlife has caused far more death and destruction than anyone or group of people that have no such belief.
When it comes down to it almost every single horrific act has been done in gods name and for the rewards theyd get in the afterlife, maybe if they didnt believe in the afterlife and rewards they woul of thought twice.

Again consciousness is a poor term to use in the case of an NDE. What survives death goes beyond mere consciousness, which is merely the interaction of soul or spirit with the activity within the brain. If you suffer damage to the brain you may be permanently comatose or in a vegetative state but that does not mean that spiritual awareness and the essential personality is lost.

In cases of stroke, for example, people can appear or sound as if they are unable to understand or communicate but this is merely a scrambling of the signals that connect the speech centres of the brain with the larynx, mouth, lips and tongue. The intelligent comprehension and intent may be there but it cannot be articulated to those in the outside world - like being locked in a soundproof bubble. This is called aphasia.

My late mother - God rest her soul - suffered a massive stroke that left her aphasic. Many people assumed, wrongly, that her lack of communicative abilities meant she was a vegetable, incapable of understanding, but I can assure you her intellect and personality was a sharp as ever and she often got exasperated at her inability to make her thoughts known through speech.

PreviousNext