Scientists Find a THC-Blocking Compound Made by Your Brain

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 4:06 am » by *WillEase*

Marijuana may make you feel nice, but according to new research, your brain may not want to go along for the ride: turns out, when your brain senses THC, it produces a hormone that counteracts the drug's effect. Buzzkill.

The hormone, pregnenolone, is the precursor of all the naturally-occurring steroids your body produces. While it was long thought to be inactive, a team of French researchers discovered that pregnenolone specifically inhibits the type-1 cannabinoid receptor, your brain's main receptor for THC. Moreover, when the researchers gave large doses of THC to mice, they observed a substantial increase in pregnenolone production, reducing the drug's effect.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/343/6166/94

While this may sound like the harshest of letdowns for recreational users, the discovery has huge medical importance, both as a treatment for marijuana addiction and to help medical marijuana users who want the therapeutic effect without the buzz. And since the hormone is as natural as it gets (made right there in your brain), it might potentially be safer than man-made drug-blocking compounds. The researchers even point out pregnenolone's potential use to reverse THC intoxication on the spot. Which, in a roundabout way, would be the cruelest joke your brain ever played on you.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 4:37 am » by Domeika

Nice. The "scientists" also discovered a way to kill the effects of alcohol.

New drug may keep you sober no matter how much you've had to drink
Chinese tree extract has long been used as a hangover cure. Now it is being turned into a 'sobriety pill' that could cure alcoholism.

http://www.mnn.com/food/beverages/stories/new-drug-may-keep-you-sober-no-matter-how-much-youve-had-to-drink

They'll prolly find a way to put both of these in the water supply.....for the children of course.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 am » by Opalserpent

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:17 am » by Myleso

There is so much mainstream propaganda drilling it into peoples minds that marijuana is addictive. Have you heard of operation mockingbird (MK ULTRA MIND CONTROL) The military have conducted countless hours of psychological operations against the public (warfare) which obviously includes misleading the public away from marijuana in the media...
I never used to smoke weed, I has asthma and breathing problems before I smoked weed and I dont have asthma attacks anymore, im not going to fall for mind control military tactics to not be healthier with marijuana. We need water to live and I don't have addiction to water, or marijuana (nobody actually dies from marijuana even if propaganda tries to spin the news to make people think it does)

I feel victim to the lies fed to be by the corrupt system. I found from my experience marijuana is not really addictive, marijuana is a superior food source and has more protein and nutrients compared to other food sources including meat and fish. you get hemp seeds from buds. NWO doesnt want people eating healthy fresh superior cannabis food that could be cheap and abundant (which means dried marijuana prices would get cheaper)
http://movementforfuture.com/hemp/

Upload to Disclose.tv

Alex Jones and Allan Watt call people stupid sheeple and mislead them

Upload to Disclose.tv

For years now I have smoked weed every day to help me breathe easier, I can't afford to smoke more and im trying to save money for seeds to plant outdoor plants this year to save my money. ive gone months, and weeks without smoking and I dont get physical or mental withdrawal, maybe all the propaganda persistently putting the crap into peoples minds have people repeating it trying to create the reality? :lol:

Why arent people more focused on making prices cheaper?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Why do people buy into new age disinformation and fall victim of mind control to think marijuana is addictive? How stupid of me there has been an agenda to waste cannabis activists time so they feel isolated and without lots of support like a lot should have by now ,there is a war on drugs/war on life.
Evidence below proves there are frauds on the internet making money in business misleading people with new age crap while they censor truth

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.movementforfuture.com/
http://mylesohowe.com/

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 am » by Opalserpent

Nice post. How is your profile name pronounced? is it really short for Myleso? is that a euroname or something?

Coffee is addictive like alchohol I reckon. I don't like coffee but I sure like beer.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:46 am » by Noentry

The body can build a resistance to most chemicals added to it.
And the scientist just found out how the body does this in regards of THC.

The only application I can think off where this would be useful is for the designated driver.
Pop a pill after a spliff, drive home legal.
No more paranoid puffers driving around at the speed limit.
:think:
Might be a good thing.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 am » by Opalserpent

Noentry wrote:Image

The body can build a resistance to most chemicals added to it.
And the scientist just found out how the body does this in regards of THC.

The only application I can think off where this would be useful is for the designated driver.
Pop a pill after a spliff, drive home legal.
No more paranoid puffers driving around at the speed limit.
:think:
Might be a good thing.

LOL, nice one.

This pisses me! so true.

Very wrong, I don't condone this: