PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm » by Tobygrey

Talking about bad omens !
ai

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooom :badair:
there we go !
buy buy

Writer

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 pm » by Debris765nju

it is generally accepted that black holes suck, but that is in space. I fear that if you create a black hole within our atmoshere we might get an ever expanding fire that cannot be put out until all the oxygen is depleted. that of course would not stop the black hole but then we wouldn't be around to know that.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:46 pm » by Towelie

To be honest its not the possibility of a black hole that spooks me the most (a black hole would be real bad could destroy out system.) Believe it or not it could be even worse than this as a result of extra unknowns ie- additional gravity(from galactic plane) could cause even more negative mass exotic particles (these are in black holes) but withought the gravity of a black hole they could actualy rip space-time (this would get rid of the universe.) This is realy why we shouldnt untill we know more.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Initiate

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:47 pm » by Tobygrey

debris765nju wrote:it is generally accepted that black holes suck, but that is in space. I fear that if you create a black hole within our atmoshere we might get an ever expanding fire that cannot be put out until all the oxygen is depleted. that of course would not stop the black hole but then we wouldn't be around to know that.

i dont think that a black hole will react diffrentley to our atmosphere than how it will react in space, but yeah if a black hole gets anny momentom from all the matter it can suck in, it will be unstoppible, and anny fire produced by anny explosion will be instantley put out, the black hole will just suck it up. so a fire wont last long with a black hole.

Initiate

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 pm » by Tobygrey

towelie wrote:To be honest its not the possibility of a black hole that spooks me the most (a black hole would be real bad could destroy out system.) Believe it or not it could be even worse than this as a result of extra unknowns ie- additional gravity(from galactic plane) could cause even more negative mass exotic particles (these are in black holes) but withought the gravity of a black hole they could actualy rip space-time (this would get rid of the universe.) This is realy why we shouldnt untill we know more.

What kind of negative mass exotic particles ?
you mean dark matter ?

Initiate

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm » by Wrathofkahn

probably the hadron or "god particle"as the name insinuates .

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 27, 2009 10:09 pm » by Towelie

Any form of negative mass particles can be devastating - think of what they are its mass with a negative count. dark matters more like the gravity from these.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Previous