Scientists predict time will stop completely

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:40 pm » by Mozi!!a

Finally Some common sense from the Scientists

The theory of time running out was devised by researchers from two Spanish universities trying to explain why the universe appeared to be spreading continuously and accelerating.

Observations of supernovae, or exploding stars, found the movement of light indicated they were moving faster than those nearer to the centre of the universe.

But the scientists claimed the accepted theory of an opposite force to gravity, known as dark energy, was wrong, and said the reality was that the growth of the universe was slowing.

Professor Jose Senovilla, Marc Mars and Raul Vera from the University of the Basque Country and the University of Salamanca said the deceleration of time was so gradual, it was imperceptible to humans.

Their proposal, published in the journal Physical Review D, claimed dark energy does not exist and that time was winding down to the point when it would finally grind to a halt long after the planet ceased to exist.

:rtft:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... etely.html

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 pm » by Kaarmaa

Time will tell :D

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 pm » by Mozi!!a

Kaarmaa wrote:Time will tell :D

hehe :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 9:21 pm » by Cia212

I guess this would indicate that time itself is quantized – otherwise how could one instant (the stopping point) be reached? But, then, how could momentum or inertia exist if time, and therefore movement, isn’t continuous?

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 9:27 pm » by Seahawk

I wonder, if that were true, how that would affect living entities. Would we stop aging, and then go on living indefinitely? :think:

It's difficult to imagine- time standing still. Isn't it? What impacts might it have on everything? Quite a concept. Interesting thread. :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 9:33 pm » by Kinninigan

Time is a concept for control I think.

Like we say its "2012" when the Earth is millions of years old...WTF...explain that one to aliens when they come

:think:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 pm » by Seahawk

I wonder, would all the planets stop their movements? Would we be in either permanent day, or night, or in transition of such?

I'd rather be on CPT- no doubt. :flop: ( insert "That's Racist!!!!" image)

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 pm » by Cia212

Seahawk100 wrote:I wonder, would all the planets stop their movements? Would we be in either permanent day, or night, or in transition of such?

I'd rather be on CPT- no doubt. :flop: ( insert "That's Racist!!!!" image)

There would be no movement, no chemical (or nuclear or physical) action, no available heat, no light, most likely no collected matter, little or no gravity - everything would be a uniform state of sameness; perfect chaos. The state of maximum entropy or heat death.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 11:25 pm » by Opalserpent

What a load of bs. Wheres their higs boson they were sure existed and even said they found then retracted. They are pulling themselves raw. :alien:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 19, 2012 11:47 pm » by Mozi!!a

Kinninigan wrote:Time is a concept for control I think.

Like we say its "2012" when the Earth is millions of years old...WTF...explain that one to aliens when they come

:think:

lol M8

:clapper: No Doubt :flop: :cheers:

Next