Secret Service interrogates Tacoma 7th grader

Conspirator

PostTue May 17, 2011 11:46 pm » by Evildweeb

Secret Service interrogates Tacoma 7th grader
The young boy was questioned by Secret Service for his Facebook posting.

{...video at link below...}

Dana Rebik - Seattle Q13 FOX News

6:36 p.m. PDT, May 16, 2011

TACOMA—

A Tacoma seventh grader faced federal interrogation at school for what he posted on his Facebook page. His mom said it all happened without her knowledge or permission.

Timi Robertson said she had just finished lunch with a friend Friday when she got a phone call from her son's school.

"I answered it, and it's the school security guard who's giving me a heads up that the Secret Service is here with the Tacoma Police Department and they have Vito and they're talking to him," Robertson said.

After Osama bin Laden was killed, 13-year-old Vito LaPinta posted an update to his Facebook status that got the Feds attention.

"I was saying how Osama was dead and for Obama to be careful because there could be suicide bombers," says LaPinta.

A week later, while Vito was in his fourth period class, he was called in to the principal's office.

"A man walked in with a suit and glasses and he said he was part of the Secret Service," LaPinta said. "He told me it was because of a post I made that indicated I was a threat toward the President."

The Tacoma school district acknowledged a Secret Service agent questioned Vito and that it was a security guard who called Vito's mom because the principal was on another call. The school district said they didn’t wait for Vito’s mother to get there because they thought she didn't take the phone call seriously.

"That's a blatant lie," Robertson said.

The teen’s mom says she rushed to Truman Middle School immediately and arrived to discover her son had already been questioned for half an hour.

"I just about lost it," she said. "My 13 year-old son is supposed to be safe and secure in his classroom and he's being interrogated without my knowledge or consent privately."

The seventh grader said that once his mom showed up, the agent finished the interview and told him he was not in any trouble. Now he's more careful about what he posts online.

His mother says she isn't financially able to take legal action but hopes her family's story raises awareness about the treatment she said her son endured.

The Seattle branch of the Secret Service did not respond to requests for comment.

Copyright © 2011, KCPQ-TV

Video and story @

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-secret- ... 2882.story

Beer acquisition continues up to the point of some form of saturation and is driven on a course directed by the path of least resistance to the fridge

Initiate

PostWed May 18, 2011 12:14 am » by Georgedragon

evildweeb wrote:Secret Service interrogates Tacoma 7th grader

The teen’s mom says she rushed to Truman Middle School immediately and arrived to discover her son had already been questioned for half an hour.

"I just about lost it," she said. "My 13 year-old son is supposed to be safe and secure in his classroom and he's being interrogated without my knowledge or consent privately."

Since the US invasion of Europe, which was the actual purpose of WW2, everything happening to erode human rights in the US has hit my country aprox. 10 years later, but the last 10 years since 9/11-2001 everything seems to have speeded up, now fascism is being implemented in the EU almost as fast as it happens in the US. :nwo:
Be the change you want to see.

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 12:27 am » by Rydher

I did some digging and couldn't find anything but it just seems hard to believe a statement like that got the attention of the secret service. Not only got their attention but caused them to go see the kid. It seems there has to be more to the story. On the surface it seems there isn't and this is a disgrace to the SS. Makes them look like TSA agents with more power.

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 1:15 am » by Kinninigan

is this why the TSA is molesting children in our airports, what is "Dora the Explorer" really carrying in her backpack besides tacos!
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 1:30 am » by Endless16

rydher wrote:I did some digging and couldn't find anything but it just seems hard to believe a statement like that got the attention of the secret service. Not only got their attention but caused them to go see the kid. It seems there has to be more to the story. On the surface it seems there isn't and this is a disgrace to the SS. Makes them look like TSA agents with more power.

SS?

:wink:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 5:06 am » by Mediasorcerer

no,what you say is not monitored by abc services online!
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

PostWed May 18, 2011 5:27 am » by Rivaorourk

I did some digging as well, and this story doesn't seem completely truthful. I couldn't find the name on Facebook, and the story just seems made up. Why would the SS bother with this minor thing? It's ridiculous. What I really got from this story was why the story was ever covered in the first place and who is responsible for making such a mountain out of a molehill. Just doesn't wash. Is this all our news is now? Theatrics with actors? The boy didn't act at all scared, nor did his mother, and the whole interview was like a movie.

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 5:37 am » by Kaarmaa

The entertainement industry never sleeps...

Initiate

PostWed May 18, 2011 8:27 am » by Stratafire

I can tell you from my own experiences, that the SS, is not the only agency that you have to be careful of, their is the NSA, HSA, and the OSI (through HSA) that you also have to be concerned with.. they have done a complete "reach-around" the FBI in the alphabet soup organizations, CIA has become an extended branch of the NSA, and the pecking order is "NSA" first..

This is a very valid story IMO.. They tend to extend their authority to the suspect, without offering verification of proof (Credentials and or a badge) unless the suspect asks for them, calls the local office (they always have cards) and verifies their identities by ID numbers "before" talking to them, they will continue to abuse their positions, because of the ignorance of the law's by the suspect..

The way the illegal laws are used nowadays, they can interrogate a 5 year old if they wanted to..

Conspirator

PostWed May 18, 2011 9:12 am » by Illuminated

you wanna know whats really unbelievable?

ruby ridge, wacko - same fbi sniper! shot that mother holding her baby at ruby ridge.
and well wacko most know what happened to all those children.

most know that wacko was some feel good press pysop for the atf
most don't remember that the ATF ran out of ammo & were allowed to leave.
the dividians kindness was met with what appears to most as 'murder'
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Next