SETI & Aliens

Conspirator

PostMon May 14, 2012 6:32 am » by Evildweeb

Ok, I kept my mouth shut for well over 30-40 years.

The time is over.

SETI is looking for alien civilizations who communicate via radio waves.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

The only civilization we could possibly find with SETI, is another civilization who is just as frigging stupid as we are.

IF, there are civilizations out there numbering 100's of millions of years advancement, it's safe to say they really do not use Am/Fm radio waves.

If they travel the entire galaxy utilizing dimension shift, faster than light, wormholes....do you for one frigging second actually believe these civilizations still use radio waves to communicate?

To quote George Noory, "I don't think so."

Any human on this planet who seriously believes an alien civilization will radio us back is just as deluded as anyone who believes the government is telling you the truth - about anything.

If we find an alien civilization that still communicates with radio waves, chances are they are worse off than we are. Gee whiz, let's get a grip.

All those still sucking the SETI dick are deluding themselves. Even SETI.

End of line.

Cheers

:cheers:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Conspirator

PostMon May 14, 2012 8:45 am » by mediasorcery

unless, of course, there is some "other" motive for what they are doing? like say, ummmm, scanning/intercepting the airwaves [or other]for surveillance?
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostMon May 14, 2012 9:09 am » by Tonyw

I Concur Evildweeb, they must think we are stupid to swallow that crap.
I am what i am.

War does not determine who is right, War determines who is left. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5aro28.gif[/img]

Conspirator

PostMon May 14, 2012 10:02 am » by One-23

I have doubted this also from day 1, heres an interesting take on the whole communication scenario.

Extraterrestrials may have a better way to communicate across space than radio waves or optical beams. A team of scientists suggests ET could encode neutrinos, for example.

These particles of matter are similar to electrons, but since they have no electric charge, they can pass through anything. This makes them ideal for long-distance travel, as neutrinos are undisturbed by gas, dust and other matter that can block radio waves and other types of electromagnetic radiation.

Astronomers have been scouring the galaxy for decades for alien-produced radio signals -- and more recently for non-naturally occurring light pulses, as well -- to no avail http://news.discovery.com/space/aliens- ... 10418.html.

So now we have the Chinese who have successfully teleported photons over 97km, Nothing new but an improvement on past experiments.

Teleportation turns out to be extremely useful. Because teleported information does not travel through the intervening space, it cannot be secretly accessed by an eavesdropper.

For that reason, teleportation is the enabling technology behind quantum cryptography, a way of sending information with close-to-perfect secrecy

Whose to say that we will have the means, ability or knowledge to decode any messages sent.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Writer

PostTue May 15, 2012 8:42 am » by Elouina

There are many different things that emit radio waves. Microwaves, MRI's, Satelites, navigation systems, computer networks, radar, radios, CB's, cell phones, TV's,cordless phones, baby monitors, remote controls, etc... I would imagine that ET's could have other things that utilize them. The thing is that sure, they could be more advanced, but sometimes the simplist things from the past are still used alongside more recent technology.

Plus, right now Seti is aimed at Keplar which is a relatively young "neighborhood". So we could be more advanced than what we find there.

Initiate

PostTue May 15, 2012 8:59 am » by Headhunter711

S.E.T.I. = :badair: