Shocking Survey - The Dumbing Down of Youth?

Initiate

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 am » by Songhai

SURVEY OF 17-YEAR-OLDS FINDS A NATION STILL AT RISK. Students Earn “D” When Tested on History and Literature.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A new report from Common Core finds that many of America’s high school students do not possess the basic knowledge they need to succeed in the world or to achieve their full potential as democratic citizens. The report, entitled Still at Risk: What Students Don’t Know, Even Now, shows that, twenty-five years after the publication of the landmark study, A Nation at Risk, America’s children continue to demonstrate a stunning ignorance about basic facts of U.S. history and literature. Overall, the 1,200 17-year-olds surveyed earned a “D.”

* Nearly a quarter cannot identify Adolf Hitler, with ten percent thinking Hitler was a munitions manufacturer.

* More than a quarter think Christopher Columbus sailed after 1750.

* Fewer than half can place the Civil War in the correct half-century.

* A third do not know that the Bill of Rights guarantees the freedom of speech and religion.

* Half have no idea what the Renaissance was.

* Nearly half think that The Scarlet Letter was either about a witch trial or a piece of correspondence.

http://www.commoncore.org/_docs/CCpress_stillatrisk.pdf

http://www.commoncore.org/pressreleases-report.php

:nails: I really can't believe it ...

Writer

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am » by Jp2155

I am truely "shoked" about the literature part!... :lol:

Initiate

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 am » by Woodgod23

I feel honestly saddened by this. If I were to take the survey right now I could name all of those things with out thinking.... My generation is f*****

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:47 am » by Spock

I honestly believe it's a dumbing down agenda dosed intravenously to rewrite history in an effort to kill nationalistic pride/heritage/ideals.

It's done through the media a.k.a. The MTV generations and political correctness. I've witnessed this taking place for years.

The ultimate goal is multiculturalism with a damning of the basic facts of history.

Pisses me off.

Notice how a symbol of pride is saying "I'm African" or "Asian" but to say "I'm white Anglo-saxen" or "Jewish" gets ya in the dog house

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 am » by Newearthman

People have a great capacity to learn but can be quite stupid if not taught. :headscratch:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am » by Lowsix

Well i dont know anyone who passed the seventh grade exit exam from 1847.
Not a single one.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 am » by Hansom

What about science, do they know what an element is ?
Or mathematics, can they calculate the circumference of a circle, knowing it's radius ?

What inspires them ?
What can they create ?

Who are their role models ?
What role do their parents play in their child's development ?

How the fuck will they ever fulfill their potential if they don't even know what their potential is ????
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 am » by Lowsix

My wife teaches seniors and half of them don't even know what a radius is..

She asked them to draw a circle with a radius
of four iinches, and half the classes hands shot up.

First day of school. Seniors.

Yay fail.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 2:14 am » by Thesaint

I had an argument with my girlfriend once and I was trying to be dead serious and I'm not one for being shy and I don't give a Fxxx what people think when I'm angry. I shouted to her in a cafe when she was walking away, I shouted, "YEH go on just walk away as usual, it's what you always do when your wrong" Then I screamed at the top of my voice

"Yeh, R.O.N.G. wrong! (True story, I sat down and joined in with everyone pissing myself)

:oops:

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 am » by Spock

hansom wrote:What about science, do they know what an element is ?
Or mathematics, can they calculate the circumference of a circle, knowing it's radius ?

What inspires them ?
What can they create ?

Who are their role models ?
What role do their parents play in their child's development ?

How the fuck will they ever fulfill their potential if they don't even know what their potential is ????

You Are EXACTLY RIGHT Sir (umm, or madam).

My kids blow me away with how book smart they are, but they also blow me away with how much they hate they have for anything not multicultural and nauseatingly politcally correct. The identity is gone, and the only way to connect back to the identity is to realise what truth is.

But truth is being rewritten to fit an agenda. And it's a communist agenda.

We all work for "the state". It's the only thing fair for all. We all worship the new god - the government. It is just.

Does it remind you of anything?

HERE'S A FEW CULTS OF PERSONALITY THAT WOULD LOVE TO ENJOY AN AFTERNOON TEA TOGETHER...

Next