shooting stars

Initiate

PostMon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 pm » by just_the_flu

I was up at my cottage all last week, and i was sitting out on our dock one night looking at the stars-which i usually do. We always see lots of shooting stars.
As I was star gazing a thought popped into my head about shooting stars... what if shooting stars wernt debris entering our atmosphere (this is what ive always been told), but what if shooting stars were a result of some sort of light speed travel? either comming out of light speed or entering light speed.
I do believe some shooting stars are debris, but what if not all were, whether it be terrestrial or extraterrestrial light speed travel.

What made me think of this is i noticed two different types of shooting stars, dull ones that shoot across the sky, and then there are really bright ones that have huge tails that are usually a faint greenish in colour. this could just be a result of the size/type of debris too. The bright ones usually appear near the milky way, i dont know if this is a coincidence or not.

I dont know if anyone else has thought of this or not, and/or what other peoples thought on this would be.....
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...

...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...