Should marijuana be legalized and taxed?

Initiate

PostThu May 14, 2009 3:00 am » by lainn

legalized Sensimilla....yesssssssss...catch a fire!!!!.....i'll be changing perfession and become a ganja farmer.....and i beleive it's already govermently taxed...you just don't know about it.....to many times shipments down here in the islands have been seized only to allow the real shipment to pass on through with no hitch......people satisfied as the war on drugs claims a little victory in the distraction of a few hundred keys.......but thousands go through as the media does its part in reporting the capture of patsis sent out beleiving they're taking a risk...when their set up to be asses for the systems movie picture show......ohhh...its being taxed...cause the politians have their hand in it as well....some knowingly,and others without knowledge.....the islanders know what's going on...they say.

Conspirator

PostThu May 14, 2009 3:36 am » by Aragajag

I remember when i was 17 in the 80's on TV was a big bust of Budda sticks, I said to my mum being a smart arse " thats great news i was going to buy a bag of leaf, now i will save my money for a few weeks and buy some of that". 3 weeks go by and I brought home a bag of budda sticks to show mum, her jaw dropped. She was the daughter of a cop in the 1930's she remembered those on TV and were unmistakably the same. Its is like a game the drug scene, there are ways to play and ways not to. I knew a guy who brought 1million worth a month, he said you can get away with anything so long as you dont annoy people. He got busted one time by some Detectives who had been watching him for 12months and never reported it to the superiors, well they timed the bust wrong and got him after the buy, they wernt happy no cashola today just lots of pot, he would of got a bullet in the head if they had of got him before the buy, probably only would of been 100k of cash to report.
Another reason to legalise it, take it out of the hands of criminal police too.

Initiate

PostThu May 14, 2009 8:09 am » by Jon1313

i smoked this legal stuff called salvia divinorum , it was supposed to be some enlightining experiance or some crap like that , instead i fell down drooled on my self for a minute followed by a little bit of a panic attack the high was the most uncomfortable thing i ever felt :ohno: it was way worse than weed or alcohol if you smoke that stuff while your driving :top: you can kiss your ass good by :ghost:

legalize the budz and illegalize the salvia :clapper:

Initiate

PostThu May 14, 2009 8:17 am » by Darkplanet

spock wrote:
darkplanet wrote:That's the core issue isn't it? People should have the right to use and abuse their own bodies however they see fit, so long as it isn't hurting anyone else.

Marijuana isn't a "gateway drug", it isn't nearly as harmful as tobacco or alcohol and it has countless medical benefits. It also has profound uses in the food, plastics and textiles industries. It really is a miracle plant and there is a reason they don't want to legalize it (which has nothing to do with morality).

One HUGE problem in America (& Canada to a lesser degree) are the number of heavy handed laws which waste tax payers money to both prosecute and incarcerate pot smokers. If you want to launch a true "War against drugs" and pull the rug out from under organized crime, then you would legalize, tax and regulate the distribution of marijuana. The benefits of legalization far outweigh the negatives. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and it isn't working for marijuana either.

Even though I agree that it should be legalized for all the same positions - you're still an idiot!!!!

Yes marijuana is a "get-away-drug". All substance that alter your feeelings are "get-away-drugs". What's the big freakin' deal? Who doesn't like to "get away"?

Screw you Spock. You agree with me but I'm "an idiot"? Call me what you will but I don't talk to you that way.

EVERY drug can be abused, legal or otherwise. Marijuana is no more a "Gateway drug" than Prozac or Valium. That is to say; its not the drug, its the person using the drug.

You've got a funny way of looking at the world my friend.

Initiate

PostThu May 14, 2009 8:26 am » by Mugenroshi8

@Darkplanet & Spock
Ya'll missed one another in a critical point: one said "Gateway" drug, the other said "Get-Away" drug. Yes, all mind altering substances help you 'get-away', but not all mind-altering substances are 'gateways' to harder mind-altering substances. I think this was the mis-communication that caused the collision.

Conspirator

PostThu May 14, 2009 3:42 pm » by Eaganthorn

Do you think they are going to make fish illegal too?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4075
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

PostThu May 14, 2009 9:13 pm » by Hesop

NOW FOR THE IRONIC PART!!!

Yep, intentionally left this out. Yes, there is irony, and yes, there is relevance.
But this is just for people here in the U.S. of A.

Remember some protest not too long ago, that got a BUNCH of folks panties in wad?

It was illegal aliens, demonstrating for more "RIGHTS" in this country! Can you believe that shit! Come into OUR damn country ILLEGALLY and expect RIGHTS! WTF? HEH?

So needless to say, it never got very far did it?

Kinda my point here, with this topic. Lawmakers see this, as just another example of the one above. Many of the folks (trust me I'm not knocking you) are admitted users, therefore, criminals wanting to decriminalize your crime.

That is why this has been going on for so long, and never makes any headway. So, if you want to see more grounds gained in this endeavor, that is the image that needs to be changed. Despite many of the grounds that could be used for legalization, this one is the one that stands out amongst the lawmakers, and why they are determined to stand their ground.

Conspirator

PostFri May 15, 2009 12:14 am » by Aragajag

This is for the people over the world using the internet that live in a country where pot was legal years ago then made criminal for corporate gain. Isnt it ironic the whole debacle, what was once considered something of great value can be changed around by propaganda and demonised to the point that those who listen to the bs are convinced to the point that there was never any value and can never be (drugs are bad mkay). In that case I have a duty of civil disobedience, to smoke, toke and eat cookies when ever I can so long as it doesnt endanger another person.
@Towlie
wanta get high?

PostFri May 15, 2009 5:35 am » by Hesop

It ALL used to be legal.

Conspirator

PostFri May 15, 2009 7:09 am » by Aragajag

Awesome, I could feel my aces and pains just lifting while I was drooling. Got to love the old style ads. Opium for the kids, well at least we are a bit more edumacted these days.

PreviousNext