Should we use the moon as a modern Noah's Ark?

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm » by Toxic32

Just a quick thought. In the event that at some time in the future this planet may well get hit by a massive comet or asteroid leaving the planet scorched and uninhabitable for a few million year's. Wouldn't it be prudent to store important what would seem to us at this moment in time, items of interest along with technology, DNA, seeds, information, so on and so on. What do you think we should send to the moon for storage. I would like to say at this stage, in my opinion NO RELIGIOUS ITEMS of any kind allowed. The moon would make an ideal place for storage as there is no oxygen to corrupt. So send an egg to the moon. And a message to the future.

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm » by Spikey

Send all the banksters to the moon...we could do with a few millions years without those gits.

But yeah, sending things to the moon would be a good idea...also to Mars i reckon.

We'd need to program in an auto return of some sort...or how would we locate the stash of seeds DNA and whatnot and get it back here?

Maybe have a return capsule, with a seed scattering system that releases all of it's seeds over a wide area of the Earth just after re-entry.

DNA...hmmm...there'd have to be people left alive to make use of it...and even then, any survivors would probably be back to hunter gatherers and living the stone age life again, so they wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

I think your idea has already been done by previous advanced civilisations (that went bye bye)...have a search around for something called 'the black knight satellite'.

Rumour goes, that back in the late 50's and through the 60's, NASA discovered a mysterious satellite orbiting the Earth...it wasn't Western and wasn't Soviet...so the question was, who put it into orbit, and when?

The story goes that it was a very large satellite, more like a space station.

It's my guess that this 'black knight' is exactly what you propose...a space ark, put into perpetual orbit by a now long gone Earth culture who knew they had had it and wanted something of their knowledge and history to remain for people to find and learn from, once we'd pulled ourselves back up to advanced tech levels once again.

The rumour also says that NASA boarded the thing and discovered chairs and computers but were unable to make any sense of the software or the computers...that was then though, if this story is even half true (and it's a big IF), by now they would almost certainly have accessed the data.

Wonder what they learned.

There is only rumour and hints to this story, but who knows...it might be true.

Initiate

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm » by Buhdoo

Ah.. When I read this I hoped you meant we should pull the moon down, plonk it in the middle of the ocean and just live on it lol.. Was going to say I'm in!!!

The black knight, what the hell is that thing, fragment or something much more?

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm » by The57ironman

Buhdoo wrote:
The black knight, what the hell is that thing, fragment or something much more?

...ain't heard much about that thing...you'd think with everybody lookin' for nibiru / planet x , we'd be graced with all kinds of images of ''that''...

:cheers:

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm » by Kaarmaa

I wouldn't mind living under a dome for the rest of my life if that means to live in peace and harmony.
Let's build the "Moon's Peace-Station" and move there all the people who don't want to get involved in wars or live in religious submission.
I'd even work for free up there.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 pm » by Toxic32

I'm with you on that...Having said that what warnings would you leave to the future...May be keep away from this.Image
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 pm » by Cornbread714

Kaarmaa wrote:I wouldn't mind living under a dome for the rest of my life if that means to live in peace and harmony.
Let's build the "Moon's Peace-Station" and move there all the people who don't want to get involved in wars or live in religious submission.
I'd even work for free up there.

Me and Kaarmaa on the moon

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Well, it was quite some week, let me tell you... :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 pm » by Kaarmaa

What happend day 6?

Master Conspirator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am » by Cornbread714

Kaarmaa wrote:What happend day 6?

That was the day I played "Hotel California" on the stereo 17 times in a row.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 am » by theclarificator3

Toxic32 wrote:Just a quick thought. In the event that at some time in the future this planet may well get hit by a massive comet or asteroid leaving the planet scorched and uninhabitable for a few million year's. Wouldn't it be prudent to store important what would seem to us at this moment in time, items of interest along with technology, DNA, seeds, information, so on and so on. What do you think we should send to the moon for storage. I would like to say at this stage, in my opinion NO RELIGIOUS ITEMS of any kind allowed. The moon would make an ideal place for storage as there is no oxygen to corrupt. So send an egg to the moon. And a message to the future.

Probably the space between the Moon and Earth is currently crowded not only by satellites but by lot of people awaiting Earth's final end. (sad for you... but mostly of them are truly religious fanatics, sure they carry more religious items than seeds) But in the case of a cataclysm on the Earth they will neither survive. Why? I prefer not to say.

It is more probable that our Moon receive a strong impact from a huge asteroid and by domino effect we will receive a chunk of the Moon on the Pacific Ocean creating a cataclysm than an actual asteroid hitting the Earth. The Moon is not the greatest place to store something. Our Moon is like a resonating harp. Play the appropriated cord and boom!

Next