sick boys club

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 2:54 am » by Chaindrive

It certainly has the New Orleans sound to it...(if not that then the geographical area) But your missing a concertina in the mix.. THEN youve nailed it.. :D But then that might be too Zydecoish, never hurts to Jam with one, to just what it might sound like.. Id think it would certainly fit into it quite nicely at that, or a keyboardist.. either way.. I think people will agree with this idea..

Excellent effort :flop: :flop:

Writer

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm » by Mattda

Chaindrive wrote:It certainly has the New Orleans sound to it...(if not that then the geographical area) But your missing a concertina in the mix.. THEN youve nailed it.. :D But then that might be too Zydecoish, never hurts to Jam with one, to just what it might sound like.. Id think it would certainly fit into it quite nicely at that, or a keyboardist.. either way.. I think people will agree with this idea..

Excellent effort :flop: :flop:

a concertina would be awesome in the band!! in the other band im in we have an accordion player.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 4:38 pm » by Webcat

I liked 'The travelling man' and the 'silent singer' :flop:

Reminded me, sort of, like a couple of laidback 'Madness' tracks.

Good stuff, an accordion thrown in the mix and it would sound a little 'cajun' I suspect.

:cheers:

Writer

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm » by Mattda

Webcat wrote:I liked 'The travelling man' and the 'silent singer' :flop:

Good stuff, an accordion thrown in the mix and it would sound a little 'cajun' I suspect.

cheers dude there's more of our ska type music here if your interested http://www.facebook.com/sickboysclub

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Webcat wrote:I liked 'The travelling man' and the 'silent singer' :flop:

It would sound very ''Gogol Bordello'' I think....I like Gogol Bordello..

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 pm » by Chaindrive

Mattda... whats the difference between the two bands your in (style wise).? Is it a good thing to keep them separate, would it make sense to join both into one unique and totally different band..

One thing I seriously noticed in bands around here (mid 80s - late 90s, and dont know about now, but I bet it hasnt changed that much all), but they all wanted to play "X", they all wanted sound like "X".. whatever the flavor on the moment was... BORING! Go to any pub to pub no matter what the band was.. "wait... didnt I just hear this exact same song down the street played the exact same way".? Me and the guy I was jamming with at the time went to see these bands and the only fun we had was heckle them (we knew all the guys) but even still... might as well have some fun.

but my point is.. what everybody else is doing dont do that, (a gimmick) if you like.. that draws the crowds... getting them involved and making then part of the band (without the pay of course). I know its the kind of band "I" would want to be in.. but everybody around here they all want to play "standard corporatize music".. You might as well just phone it in right.? And if thats the case.. then whats the point.?

Writer

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 7:15 pm » by Mattda

Chaindrive wrote:Mattda... whats the difference between the two bands your in (style wise).? Is it a good thing to keep them separate, would it make sense to join both into one unique and totally different band..

One thing I seriously noticed in bands around here (mid 80s - late 90s, and dont know about now, but I bet it hasnt changed that much all), but they all wanted to play "X", they all wanted sound like "X".. whatever the flavor on the moment was... BORING! Go to any pub to pub no matter what the band was.. "wait... didnt I just hear this exact same song down the street played the exact same way".? Me and the guy I was jamming with at the time went to see these bands and the only fun we had was heckle them (we knew all the guys) but even still... might as well have some fun.

but my point is.. what everybody else is doing dont do that, (a gimmick) if you like.. that draws the crowds... getting them involved and making then part of the band (without the pay of course). I know its the kind of band "I" would want to be in.. but everybody around here they all want to play "standard corporatize music".. You might as well just phone it in right.? And if thats the case.. then whats the point.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmhJS_gV80

this is my other band. i'm the one on the right ( when i had long hair) playing the small guitar thing and looking a tad drunk lol :wink:

Writer

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 pm » by Mattda

Mattda wrote:
Chaindrive wrote:Mattda... whats the difference between the two bands your in (style wise).? Is it a good thing to keep them separate, would it make sense to join both into one unique and totally different band..

this is my other band. i'm the one on the right ( when i had long hair) playing the small guitar thing and looking a tad drunk lol :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHKokFKcSA

and this one. its a tad more folky compared to the other band.

Writer

PostMon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm » by Mattda

Mattda wrote:
Mattda wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHKokFKcSA

and this one. its a tad more folky compared to the other band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hDHa31wn0Xg and this one.

Previous