Single Dose of Hallucinogen Creates Lasting Personality Chan

Writer

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 12:42 pm » by Zedd1

Johns Hopkins study of ingredient in ‘magic mushrooms’ found participants exhibited more ‘openness’.

A single high dose of the hallucinogen psilocybin, the active ingredient in so-called “magic mushrooms,” was enough to bring about a measureable personality change lasting at least a year in nearly 60 percent of the 51 participants in a new study, according to the Johns Hopkins researchers who conducted it.

Lasting change was found in the part of the personality known as openness, which includes traits related to – imagination, – aesthetics, – feelings, – abstract ideas and general broad-mindedness....read more
http://arch1design.com/blog/2011/09/sin ... ty-change/

Initiate

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 pm » by Kayla

So PMS isn't the only thing that can change my personality :lol: being serious though, I've never done LSD or mushrooms, but I can see why it could have that effect, alot of people who do Hallucinogens end up having mental problems in the future.
"Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right, cause both black and white are smoking crack tonight, and only time we chill is when we kill each other, it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other."

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm » by Aragajag

The problem is cumulative so once you see fully you can never unsee.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Writer

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 5:09 am » by Tradeshowjoe

Kayla, I am sorry, with all due respect; You cannot see "it" if you have not experienced it. More people have experienced it than have been "hurt" by mental problems. All I will say now is that it is an eye-opener.
From the article:
"Lasting change was found in the part of the personality known as openness, which includes traits related to – imagination, – aesthetics, – feelings, – abstract ideas and general broad-mindedness."
If that is a mental "problem", I have it- in spades.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 5:32 am » by X-mog

Manufactured substances have worse side effects than naturally occurring ones.

Writer

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 5:39 am » by Tradeshowjoe

that's why I am looking for 'shrooms, and won't ever do LSD again, EVER.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 6:09 am » by Hackjames

tradeshowjoe wrote: If that is a mental "problem", I have it- in spades.

BAM!

I've generally found the OP premise to be true, in my anecdotal and rather limited experiences.

To fall back on the allegory of the cave (because it consumes my mind in a very unhealthy way), if you were unchained for a brief stroll outside one evening before being chained up facing the wall again, I fully expect that you are going to think about that experience, often and for the rest of your life. How could you not?
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 6:18 am » by Edgarrothstein

That blog from the OP must be one of the weirdest :

WTF? :headscratch:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 am » by Hackjames

If you'd ever stood at the crossroads of ecology and design, you wouldn't have to ask that.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 23, 2011 6:24 am » by Constabul

Next