Sinking Noah's Ark

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 6:08 am » by Evildweeb

"Sinking Noah's Ark" by Old Fart Rants

Upload to Disclose.tv

on Aug 22, 2012 by oldfartrants

One debate with Christians, which should be the easiest, is the plethora of mistakes, contradictions, errors, scientific impossibilities and inaccuracies, and just plain nonsense in the Bible. I could probably do 500 videos on this subject and still not cover everything that's wrong with the Bible - and believe me, the last thing a Christian wants to hear is facts, logic and reasoning ripping apart the foundation of their faith. If they cared about facts, logic and reasoning, they probably wouldn't be Christians to begin with!

So one of my favorite ways to handle this is to talk about the story of Noah's Ark, because it's one everybody knows about and it's an easy one to bust.

Simply ask your Christian opponent this question: "If God destroyed all life on earth to get rid of wickedness and sin, which is his stated purpose in the Bible, then why do we still have wickedness and sin today? Give them 3 possible answers to pick from. 1) God is incompetent. 2) God just likes killing everything. 3) The story of Noah's Ark, and the book it comes from are pure bullshit.

Now ask them which one they picked. It is a fact that no one in history has ever found or produced even one scrap of irrefutable secular evidence from a source outside the Bible which validates any of the magical claims of Christianity described in it. Unless and until someone does, the Bible can only be classified as fiction and Christianity falls apart completely. Game over.

And by the way, if you'd like to see a fun rendition I did a few years ago of Noah's Ark, performed by the Old Fart Rants players to a cartoon published by Jack chick, check out my video "Old Fart Vs. Chick.com" here: http://youtu.be/W5UNvfr55Qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlj5jDfNTjc

:headscratch:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm » by mediasorcery

noahs ark is true, just not the biblical version, its been chopped up but, its still basically a true story, the timeline is wrong, there were more than one ark too, as cayce said.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm » by Govtslave

When seeking an answer to any mystery, one cannot make assumptions to arrive at a desired result. In other words, if your original premise is flawed, then your conclusion probably will be also.

For example, the OP says this: "If God destroyed all life on earth to get rid of wickedness and sin, which is his stated purpose in the Bible, then why do we still have wickedness and sin today?

The Bible does not say that the purpose of the flood was to "get rid of wickedness and sin". It says that the earth had become corrupt and violent in the sight of God motivating Him to destroy it.
:rtft:

Initiate

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 2:24 pm » by Govtslave

Govtslave wrote:When seeking an answer to any mystery, one cannot make assumptions to arrive at a desired result. In other words, if your original premise is flawed, then your conclusion probably will be also.

For example, the OP says this: "If God destroyed all life on earth to get rid of wickedness and sin, which is his stated purpose in the Bible, then why do we still have wickedness and sin today?

The Bible does not say that the purpose of the flood was to "get rid of wickedness and sin". It says that the earth had become corrupt and violent in the sight of God motivating Him to destroy it.
:rtft:

One last thing before I permanently leave this thread. In the video, it is stated that no evidence for a worldwide flood exists. This is blatantly false. It is common knowledge among geologists that there is a worldwide layer of silt that covers the entire earth at the same depth.

I would refer all to the research of John Clayton and the "Does God Exist" series.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm » by Iwanci

here we go again...

There is nothing true in any religious material... if you can read it, it has been written by man, if man wrote it, it is either flawed or a downright fantasy.

However, if it brings someone peace, solace and a sense of purpose, so be it... no harm done and far be it from anyone else to replace one fanciful belief by another.

Let's face ONE reality.. NO ONE knows... so my thoughts are just as worthy or ridiculous as anyone else's.

If it makes you feel good and makes you a better person, read and praise your lords.

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 pm » by Evildweeb

Iwanci wrote:here we go again...

There is nothing true in any religious material... if you can read it, it has been written by man, if man wrote it, it is either flawed or a downright fantasy.

However, if it brings someone peace, solace and a sense of purpose, so be it... no harm done and far be it from anyone else to replace one fanciful belief by another.

Let's face ONE reality.. NO ONE knows... so my thoughts are just as worthy or ridiculous as anyone else's.

If it makes you feel good and makes you a better person, read and praise your lords.

Good point iwanci :flop:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Initiate

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 5:56 pm » by Boatman

Iwanci wrote:here we go again...

Good Point. The Bibles a story same as the Quran, and any other written comic. The same as i have been saying. A few very clever people got together one day, and decided to come up with something to control the masses, and Lo, and Behold Religion was born.

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 pm » by The57ironman

...right... :P

..thousands of years ago , only the rich could afford (to write) written material...

..i'm convinced that all of the ''good books'' were a front to an agenda...... :peep:

Obama Misses 60% of Security Briefings... and Blames Intelligence Community?Image

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 am » by Dagnamski

Here is a tangerine and a video which makes the diamond mine! :ohno:

Upload to Disclose.tv

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 am » by Lowsix

Anybody that thinks they get brownie pts for debunking Mythology
is every bit the fucking buffoon as the person defending it as verifiable history.

Both miss the point.
Entirely.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook