"Skyfish" or "Rods" and the Obama Inauguration U.F.O. Video?

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 8:41 pm » by Mikemess

What do you think these are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsK4OlftxQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHWHcRay3A

Do you think that that's propbably what we saw in the Obama Inauguration video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZYNg69nb0

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 8:49 pm » by Crunchy

rods are insects in flight and due to the shutter setting of a video camera they appear to be these so called "rods"
i have seen this effect myself when filming video with my vx2000 (set at 60fps fyi)
the first time i noticed a rod i quickly took my eye from the view finder to see a fly buzzing around where the rod had left my view.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 8:52 pm » by Mikemess

crunchy wrote:rods are insects in flight and due to the shutter setting of a video camera they appear to be these so called "rods"
i have seen this effect myself when filming video with my vx2000 (set at 60fps fyi)
the first time i noticed a rod i quickly took my eye from the view finder to see a fly buzzing around where the rod had left my view.

Maybe what was seen in the inaugurtion video was an insect? I don't know...just putting it out there. What do you think it was?

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 pm » by Alexrubic

crunchy wrote:rods are insects in flight and due to the shutter setting of a video camera they appear to be these so called "rods"

Hoo-rah! I agree. I thought all this 'rods' nonsense had been settled ages ago?! Undoubtedly, this is exactly what was seen in this latest video footage.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 pm » by Mikemess

alexrubic wrote:

Hoo-rah! I agree. I thought all this 'rods' nonsense had been settled ages ago?! Undoubtedly, this is exactly what was seen in this latest video footage.

But why would an insect be flying around at that time in the middle of winter? It must have
been like 20 degrees outside?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 9:10 pm » by Towelie

It was probably jus there to watch the inauguration.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 9:42 pm » by Spock

alexrubic wrote:

Mr. Rubic - I agree too.

I used to believe in "Rods" but I saw a show that proved a moth made the exact same video phenomena.

Rods, to me, have been explained. Nothing paranormal, it all has do to the frame rate of the video camera.

Peace.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 9:53 pm » by 7hidden7agenda7

"Skyfish!" <- fucking love it :flop:
Henceforth all birds shall hereby be known as skyfish! Lets put the mystery back into the known! :D
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Initiate

PostSun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 pm » by Alexrubic

mikemess wrote:
alexrubic wrote:

But why would an insect be flying around at that time in the middle of winter? It must have
been like 20 degrees outside?

That insects can't remain active in cold climates is a myth.
The Winter Moth (Operophtera brumata) is one of several moths that can fly even when temperatures approach 0°C. Photograph by Olaf Leillinger licensed under Creative Commons.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Initiate

PostMon Jan 26, 2009 7:45 pm » by Mikemess

7hidden7agenda7 wrote:"Skyfish!" <- fucking love it :flop:
Henceforth all birds shall hereby be known as skyfish! Lets put the mystery back into the known! :D

Sorry for insulting your intelligence... :nails:

Next