Sleep Paralysis Much....

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:08 am » by Doogle

OK. I'm trying.

I've definitely had an episode of sleep paralysis, but I've also had events that don't fit the description yet are labelled as such.
Have any of you guys had events of one or the other?

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 am » by Constabul

Have had sleep paralysis a couple times. The first time was the scariest. The second time I knew better what was going on.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 am » by Doogle

Constabul wrote:Have had sleep paralysis a couple times. The first time was the scariest. The second time I knew better what was going on.

It's a very weird thing isn't it.

So the second time, did you notice anything different seeing as you were more relaxed? And did you "feel" a presence on either occasion?

Initiate

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:32 am » by Tntbw

I had a form of sleep paralysis in my youth. When it happened, I felt as if I were being swallowed or smothered into my surroundings, kind of like a quicksand effect, really scary stuff.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 am » by Doogle

Tntbw wrote:I had a form of sleep paralysis in my youth. When it happened, I felt as if I were being swallowed or smothered into my surroundings, kind of like a quicksand effect, really scary stuff.

Yeah, I can relate to that. And like being too heavy to move.
It also reminds me of being in a dream when you try to run but just can't.

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 am » by ZetaRediculous

Doogle wrote:

Did you have either "the Hag" or felt a presence in the shadows of the room?

I also have had several episodes of sleep paralysis, unable to move or scream.. feeling like I was being pushed into the bed. On one occassion I felt that I was held and levitated of the bed... when it was over, my duvet was on the other side of the room... Even though I have had it plenty of times, it still scares me when it occurs...
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 1:58 am » by Doogle

ZetaRediculous wrote:
Doogle wrote:

Did you have either "the Hag" or felt a presence in the shadows of the room?

I also have had several episodes of sleep paralysis, unable to move or scream.. feeling like I was being pushed into the bed. On one occassion I felt that I was held and levitated of the bed... when it was over, my duvet was on the other side of the room... Even though I have had it plenty of times, it still scares me when it occurs...

Nah not the hag, she was at the mother-in-law's at the time. Misogyny alert, sorry.

Actually Zeta, the strongest event I had (I've had it 4 or 5 times) involved people or things standing either side of my bed, 2 or 3 each side.

Writer

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 2:16 am » by Cipriankid

I had sleep paralysis all my life and I always thought that this is something normal among humans, i didn't even know that is called that way.

Yes, at first it might be weird, but if you keep calm and master it without any fear, it becomes something like a portal.
From there everything is up to you...

...or not :think: :shock: :o

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 am » by Doogle

Cipriankid wrote:I had sleep paralysis all my life and I always thought that this is something normal among humans, i didn't even know that is called that way.

Yes, at first it might be weird, but if you keep calm and master it without any fear, it becomes something like a portal.
From there everything is up to you...

...or not :think: :shock: :o

So you too think there's more to it?

Writer

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 am » by Cipriankid

Don't know what to say...
1. I'm crazy
2. All this shit's real...

Either way there's more to it... for me at least on the crazy part :)

Next