Slenderman, Urban Legends and Tulpas

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:05 am » by Thebluecanary

So I'm guessing that everyone on the entire internet knows what "slenderman" is. If you don't, here's a quick Wikipedia entry:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slenderman

TL;DR: Slenderman was created as an internet meme/urban legend in 2009. The point was to try to create a scary story and see if it would spread. People write stories about slenderman, create art about it, there are even a few short films.

Except, now, even though everyone knows that slenderman is fake, an internet meme, people claim to have actually seen him. Sure, plenty of those stories are fake, people looking to prank others or looking for attention or straight up writing fiction presented as "it happened to me". But what if some of them are real?

I'm thinking about the concept of a tulpa. If you don't know what a tulpa is, here is another wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa

A tulpa is an artificial entity that is given life by the intense concentration of a Buddhist master…or, perhaps, in the case of slenderman, the intense concentration of hundreds of people who are contributing to the existence of a myth.

A friend of mine has done a lot of research about Tulpas. He has theorized that pop culture figures, if they are the center of enough deep concentration and belief, might manifest as Tulpas. He has collected (and is looking to continue to collect) stories from people who claim to have actually seen Santa, either as children or, more often, as adults. Google it; it's interesting the number of people who claim to have actually had a sighting of Santa.

I've told about my own sighting of what was basically an 80s bad caricature of a werewolf. I've had other odd experiences where I or someone I knew had "encounters" with a pop culture figure that does not exist. People are even less likely to talk about these absolutely insane occurrences than they are to talk about ghost or alien sightings. Bad enough that your friends will mock you for seeing a ghost…tell them you saw a California Raisin and they'll probably call the police and have you locked up.

As usual, I'm bored and I want you people to tell me a story. But I'm also genuinely curious. Have you or anyone you know had encounters with slenderman, or any other pop culture mythical figure that does not actually exist? I'm serious, so don't fuck around with me. Are you familiar with the idea of the Tulpa? Ever tried to make one yourself? Do you think that the idea of the Tulpa might explain any number of anomalous sightings from aliens to Bigfoot?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 am » by Spock

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 am » by Thebluecanary

:flop: :flop:

Yes! That's what I'm talking about!
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 am » by Spock

This is something to really question Blue and I have myself.

I wonder how many of my own experiences have happened because of being open to the possibility.

One thing I know, is that the experiences at my friends house, as teenagers, were not all in my mind, because there were a total of 4 of us that witnessed stuff.

My other experiences could have been products of temporal lobe epilepsy, atypical migraines, unintentional self induced hypnosis, etc., but I can always fall back on that time in high school when 4 of us had experiences and somehow my other experiences were related to that, or possibly, my friends were related to their experiences because of me.

Whatever the case, we create reality. Our minds are very powerful and they are what form our individual reality. I mean, just trip on Opalsearpant and him having a bromance with Putin and Jeff Rense (the internet wing of the KGB).

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:27 am » by Otomon

Spock wrote:Whatever the case, we create reality. Our minds are very powerful and they are what form our individual reality.

Yeah... about that... I been vizualising me dating Selena Gomez for over 5 years...

She has not even aknowledged my existence yet...

Is my mind not strong enough?
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 am » by Fatdogmendoza

:think:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Otomon wrote:
Spock wrote:Whatever the case, we create reality. Our minds are very powerful and they are what form our individual reality.

Yeah... about that... I been vizualising me dating Selena Gomez for over 5 years...

wtf

Who are you?

Good to see you back you fuck tard :hugging:

Namaste
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:49 am » by Harbin

Otomon wrote:

Girls got no glutes man...

Get over that toothpick and get some back !

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 am » by Otomon

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
Otomon wrote:

wtf

Who are you?

Good to see you back you fuck tard :hugging:

Namaste

Nice sigls bro! You mess with that stuff? I just got into them back in September 2013...

Harbin wrote:
Otomon wrote:

Girls got no glutes man...

Get over that toothpick and get some back !

Upload to Disclose.tv

Dam good point... so who is hot now? I havent followed the media for a long time..

I think I heard something about Miley Cyrus morphing into a goat??

:headscratch:
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 3:14 am » by RATRODROB

Great post TBC, I love the stories of "slenderman" and the internet photos that go with it, its creepy which is prob why I like it haha.

ive read that a Buddhist monk once created his own TULPA, but then could not get rid of him.
if tulpas are created by the power of the mind, and intense concentration by many can have results in varying situations, I wonder if that is also how religious prayer is claimed to have an effect, by many praying and concentrating on a particular thing or out come.

if the actions of many concentrating or praying on a given subject, can in fact have results, then why don't we all at DTV create a future date and time, when we all around the would concentrate on a particular subject and the results we wish to happen, like Monsanto bosses all dying in their sleep, or any thing else.

Unfortunately I have to go to work right now, already an hour late, oops.

I will defo check this thread later when I get home.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Next