So much for LHC black holes...

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:22 pm » by Wrathofkahn


I am sure I can cite many old posts prior to the firing up of the LHC about the impending doom of a synthetic black hole swallowing up the solar system. I thought I would just put this one to rest for anyone who had any remaining doubts. Gotta admit though, I bought into the hype too for a while. Check out what the collider is about to produce for results...

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... sions-2011

The Large Hadron Collider took several years to construct, and it was expected that it would take several more to begin yielding game-changing scientific data. But, to the delight of CERN researchers, that hasn’t been the case. The LHC is already yielding reams of valuable scientific data, and a bulletin released by lead researchers Monday indicates that the ATLAS experiment is working so well that researchers should be able to confirm or rule out the existence of the Higgs Boson by next year, and could even find evidence of extra dimensions before the end of 2011.

The pace of experimentation and accuracy of data coming from ATLAS – one of the LHC’s primary experiments – has stunned even the very researchers who conceived the experiments. To quote Fabiola Gianotti, a spokeswoman for ATLAS:


We are producing new results all the time now. We plan to release a new wave of results early next year, for the 2011 winter conferences. Given the record luminosity achieved by the machine, by the end of 2011, combining ATLAS and CMS, we can expect to be able to exclude the existence of the Higgs boson over the full allowed mass range, or else to collect evidence for it if its mass is greater than 125 GeV. We could also discover Supersymmetry up to masses of almost 1 TeV and new forces up to masses of the carrier particles of 1.5 - 2 TeV.

ATLAS is currently on break from searching for the theoretical Higgs boson, dark matter, and proof of additional dimensions so it can record data from the lead ion collisions currently creating miniature Big Bangs in the collider. The heavy ion collision experiments will run through early December, when CERN will take a Christmas break to perform maintenance on the accelerator. But the LHC will fire back up again in early 2011, and from the looks of things it’s shaping up to be a scientifically revealing year (in this dimension, anyhow).

[CERN via ZDnet]
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:58 pm

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:26 pm » by Otomon


Whats a little LHC with some THC? :)
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5314
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:31 pm » by Constabul


many will still find a way to link the LHC with impending doom, but it is great that the machine is yielding positive results. Considering the hiccups experienced early on.

ty fer the post
Image
Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:41 pm » by Wrathofkahn


constabul wrote:many will still find a way to link the LHC with impending doom, but it is great that the machine is yielding positive results. Considering the hiccups experienced early on.

ty fer the post


Touche'! The experiments will vary and probably get more dangerous as they get comfy with their new toy. :pray: I will look up possible future experiments with the LHC.
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7028
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 am

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm » by E6722maj


waste of money

:alien:
whatever

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm

PostSat Nov 27, 2010 6:49 pm » by Wrathofkahn


e6722maj wrote:waste of money

:alien:


I hope you are wrong. But if it ends up being a huge waste of resourses for nothing, what a epic fail it would be! Time will tell...
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

PostSun Nov 28, 2010 1:39 am » by Nilm33


You know, they could have discovered those same dimensions with dmt. Spend the billions they wasted on the LHC to feed the hungry...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 am

PostSun Nov 28, 2010 1:41 am » by Smokeydog


nilm33 wrote:You know, they could have discovered those same dimensions with dmt. Spend the billions they wasted on the LHC to feed the hungry...


feeding the hungry is easy just allow cloning of cow veg etc everyone will have more food than they will ever need, will they ever do it? no they hide behind religion

they can make advances in medical sciences by allowing cloning again will they allow it? not for the masses there reason religion again
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

PostMon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 pm » by Nilm33


smokeydog wrote:
nilm33 wrote:You know, they could have discovered those same dimensions with dmt. Spend the billions they wasted on the LHC to feed the hungry...


feeding the hungry is easy just allow cloning of cow veg etc everyone will have more food than they will ever need, will they ever do it? no they hide behind religion

they can make advances in medical sciences by allowing cloning again will they allow it? not for the masses there reason religion again




Wrong again... Money... Everything is withheld because of money. They use religion as the scapegoat.



  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook