So Sorry! Harbin - This deserved it's own thread.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 5:24 pm » by Spock

wallstreet wrote:Now u tell me Spock, is this the real reason 4 all the poverty depicted in that video?

I think your missing the point. The real reason for poverty is because of the culture of the tribes.

The culture in Africa is more degrading to ethnic and tribal differences then anywhere in the free world. And they have clung to this antiquated model to this day.

The same mentality lurks in the inner city streets of America. The family, or individual, clings to their particular upbringing, and would rather cry racism for not making the self aware adjustments to do what it takes to enter the next phase of personal evolution and break free.

We see this same mentality here at DTV. People are always screaming "life sucks!" and demand retribution for their turmoil, but in actuality, there are paths anyone can take to better themselves, financially, socially, spiritually. But it's much easier to point a finger at an invisible foe and blame hardship on that, and continue to sit on the ass.

What that video suggested, was, look at life after apartheid. What has happened to the tribes since being given the handout (after forced segregation). Have they utilized it to its full benefit, or have they destroyed the freebee opportunity handed to them because they still cling to their old dogma, and racism?

Is Africa a Utopia of racial tranquility - if it weren't for the evil white europeans? Is Africa a paradise on earth built by black people that should be a beacon to the world (such as some in the US would have people believe)? Is Africa even a viable cohesive continent?

Did South African Europeans enforce segregation? Yes. Was is racist? Possibly. Was it culturally mandatory for the time? Absolutely. Has the fall of apartheid proven the spirit of mankind as a species and South Africa is now the model of humanity? No.

Why? Does it have anything to do with the color of skin? No. Does it have to do with culture? Yes. Are the 2 polarizing cultures easily depicted by the color of skin? Yes. Since segregation has been done away with in South Africa, have the locals used it for their advantage, or have they decimated the agenda under the guise of "equal opportunity and racial quotas"?

How is Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Swaziland, Malawi, Rwanda? Are these the product of oppression and racism? Damn right, black on black, tribe vs. tribe, culture vs. culture - and doesn't have a thing to do with Europeans.

Until people can distinguish the difference in culture/religion and race, we're always going to have these threads ripped out by butt sore kids crying racism, and asking mommy for another loan to help pay for cable tv.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 8:07 pm » by Epicfailure

spock wrote:
wallstreet wrote:Now u tell me Spock, is this the real reason 4 all the poverty depicted in that video?

I think your missing the point. The real reason for poverty is because of the culture of the tribes.

The culture in Africa is more degrading to ethnic and tribal differences then anywhere in the free world. And they have clung to this antiquated model to this day.

The same mentality lurks in the inner city streets of America. The family, or individual, clings to their particular upbringing, and would rather cry racism for not making the self aware adjustments to do what it takes to enter the next phase of personal evolution and break free.

We see this same mentality here at DTV. People are always screaming "life sucks!" and demand retribution for their turmoil, but in actuality, there are paths anyone can take to better themselves, financially, socially, spiritually. But it's much easier to point a finger at an invisible foe and blame hardship on that, and continue to sit on the ass.

What that video suggested, was, look at life after apartheid. What has happened to the tribes since being given the handout (after forced segregation). Have they utilized it to its full benefit, or have they destroyed the freebee opportunity handed to them because they still cling to their old dogma, and racism?

Is Africa a Utopia of racial tranquility - if it weren't for the evil white europeans? Is Africa a paradise on earth built by black people that should be a beacon to the world (such as some in the US would have people believe)? Is Africa even a viable cohesive continent?

Did South African Europeans enforce segregation? Yes. Was is racist? Possibly. Was it culturally mandatory for the time? Absolutely. Has the fall of apartheid proven the spirit of mankind as a species and South Africa is now the model of humanity? No.

Why? Does it have anything to do with the color of skin? No. Does it have to do with culture? Yes. Are the 2 polarizing cultures easily depicted by the color of skin? Yes. Since segregation has been done away with in South Africa, have the locals used it for their advantage, or have they decimated the agenda under the guise of "equal opportunity and racial quotas"?

How is Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Swaziland, Malawi, Rwanda? Are these the product of oppression and racism? Damn right, black on black, tribe vs. tribe, culture vs. culture - and doesn't have a thing to do with Europeans.

Until people can distinguish the difference in culture/religion and race, we're always going to have these threads ripped out by butt sore kids crying racism, and asking mommy for another loan to help pay for cable tv.

thank you Spock for the explanation.

while I do agree with you about the upbringing, and most not accepting a different way of life because of their upbringing. I do not agree that forcing them into something is the answer under the name of better "culture."

that is a lesser of two evils mentality, just like a african american in the ghetto has a choice to better himself on his own(well he is in american right? so that means he has a better life automatically because he accepted civilization.. but yet for some reason he still doesn't) he should have that choice rightfully so to make something different. It takes personal initiative to achieve something greater than your surroundings.

so is that being based on a cultural thing? I don't think so, I think it is clearly based on an upbringing standpoint. look at a white guy in the trailer park, or a Chinese man that had nothing in china, but made something out of initiative and now owns a conglomerate for that invention.

shit look at that poor homeless Russian guy that won a million dollar prize but turned it down because he was proud and just wanted to be apart of something greater because he had initiative to recognize he had pride and that was worth more than his discovery putting food on his plate, prideful if you ask me and somewhat naive at the same time, but admirable none the less.

that man had nothing, drove himself to his own education, recognized his surroundings as being meager at best, but accepted the person who he was and remained as the person he was. without violence, without contradiction and without cultural or upbringing hindering him.

initiative on one's own upstanding recognizance should be the answer, but like you said so many people struggle with their upbringing that most do not accept a better life for themselves.

an example in your favor, would be an ex buddy of mine that hung out with nothing but what I would consider street trash and a few people that influenced his life for the good, he now makes his life breaking into cars and stealing peoples Ipods and Itouches and selling them to other trash, to get weed to sell for money.... now let me ask you something, was that culture that made him do that? was it his upbringing? was it the culture and people he hung out with?

who knows right? that is alot of variables to properly pin down why he chose to do that, after all when he hung out with me he didn't do any of that stuff and seemed to not have a problem with it. but once on his own, that is the first thing he would do..

was he always like that? did he choose to be like that? were others influencing him to do that? what about the times he had a job and didn't break into cars? was that the negative cultural aspect of his upbringing too?

alot of variables to consider in reforming and answer, instead of just the culture/religion/race..

like emotion, personal finance, peer pressure, mentality.... I guess all these could fall into culture, but it is a very general term for something that is so intricate.

anyways, Apartheid hardly seems like the answer to me, as given above, the ghetto man from the Bronx is no different from the trailer park dweller in an already established society, so why would it make things different in a non civil society, when some people who are already given a choice choose the least hospitable environment?

look at government services like welfare, and housing and all that.... drained everyday because of lazy independent apartheid type liberation that they are not willing to accept, but because they were forced to accept it, us working Americans have to pay for their living.... is that something the UK merging is willing to do? pay for unwilling citizens to sit on their ass while they attempt to do the same things based on whatever reason for doing them?

initiative.

so on that I will disagree with you, but thank you for explaining yourself.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 8:29 pm » by Spock

WOW! Great response. And I thank you for that! This is a great discussion, one that would be really great in voice.

I commend you for this one. Many wonderful points. I just need to re-read and answer some of them, but in this discussion, it is comfortable.

Very cool!

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 pm » by Epicfailure

spock wrote:
epicfailure wrote:P.S. I never called Spock a racist once, never. so this point of your is mute. I said the video was extremely prejudicial and borderline racism.

But you did say I had broken the rules by re-posting that video. And it was time to "clean house" and that "others are realizing it".

I guess you mean that I am breaking a rule? Show me. Racist? Show me.

The common consensus is that there are marginal personalities that post on this forum, you are one of them, along with Megame, Zaff and Noetic. You guys raise more butt-sore crap than anyone else. So you're in great company.

The fun part is, your buddy, Megame, RUNS to OoCcBb and posts the same exact video - blowing it up as if I was am the racist. Good stuff right there. Early 20-ish epic failure.

epicfailure wrote:Interesting as well, that Spocks and my post about his first name and who he thought I was is deleted, amongst the part about me writing a letter to Lucas and the part where I said;

"Instead of figuring out why you posted the video and your intent, I decided to write to lucas about it and see what he thinks, if he thinks at all about it or even cares."

but nope,

it's gone...poof....disappeared... no where...

I probably deleted it because I was protecting your new identity, after you denied being Jet. But you said I was Trey somebody, forget what the last name was. And you want to play righteous on that?

Well - you got my first name right Adam.

epicfailure wrote:I said a funny vs. a video about joining apartheid with ridiculous prejudicial undertones

Where in the video did it every say to "join apartheid"?

The video, though lacking in social grace and taking a no-holes barred approach, made a lot of damn sense when people are screaming out for reparations, many years after apartheid, and you see what is happening now.

But we can't talk about that - that might upset your self righteous feelings.

Now, I want you to understand why I reposted the video in the first place. And then you ran to Lukas crying like a little girl.

Upload to Disclose.tv

[youtube]6LCr1ARB1wA&[/youtube]

Oh I didn't see this.

first, I don't agree or like megame, he has a very conspiratorial view point and believes everything that has a symbol is represented by the illuminati, and when asked for fact checking freaks out... so I am not accustom to his type.

second, I never denied who I was, I said:

"Jet? ... Jet's Not here"

for allowing Raphael's cryptic BS and me saying something cryptic like that, I would think you would have understood. because it was true, jet isn't here, however the same person that jet the username was is still here.

I don't know what else I could have done, I posted the same picture from myself that I posted with the Jet username, I even replied in a thread yesterday, when someone tried stealing your kudos for "finding out who I am" when all they did was look at that thread where you called me by that username....

so if you are trying to imply that I was trying to mislead people, that is just incorrect and very untrue, and if you still think I was, posting a picture of myself is not a very misleading thing to do now is it?

as I stated before, I never broke any rules, this is an anonymous forum and so an opinion is an opinion and nothing more.....that is unless you have more than 1 account which is breaking the rules and which I don't have.

my reasons for my name change is my own business and if you would care to know more about why you can PM me and ask why.

third, the thread wasn't deleted, I had forgotten there was 2 threads about your post. and my bringing the video to the ADMINS attention was for just reasons, as it upset people and you didn't explain anything, despite your reasonings some felt it was extremely prejudicial ( the video not your recent explanation for posting it) and I felt the video was extremely prejudicial and very arrogant.

my reason for reporting you is again my own, and for the sake of not picking up hot ashes I will not list them here, but you know why and we have gotten into it before about why..

as for the rest, I can tell you were hung over or just woke up from your slumber so I will forgive you princess, but I never mislead or denied anything or improperly labeled you as anything which the 2 usual suspect tried to pin on me....again.

P.S. I never said "FAT BLACK LADY ON CHURCH's WELFARE AND POPEYES CHICKEN"

here is the direct quote:

lolz-t36529-10.html

many years of welfare and popeyes chicken.

P.S. yes I knew your name, you told me when I first arrived at this forum in a private message during the saltydawg fiasco, you also gave me your phone number. so I didn't have to dig to know your first name.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 pm » by Spock

Okay, Okay. I know you didn't say that. You tend to project yourself, so I took the same opportunity.

Let's get passed this okay?

Let's try to work past some of the petty bashing, and move forward. Agree or disagree. This other stuff is admittedly bullshit. Just hard not to throw back, when being thrown at - you understand.

I think we would much rather discuss differences/things, then go where this thread went. I know I haven't enjoyed it, and would much rather appreciate you, as a human being, if you can appreciate me, as a human being. Be fair to each other, be heated, but be fair, and find respect.

I very much appreciate your last post as well.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 pm » by Epicfailure

spock wrote:Okay, Okay. I know you didn't say that. You tend to project yourself, so I took the same opportunity.

Let's get passed this okay?

Let's try to work past some of the petty bashing, and move forward. Agree or disagree. This other stuff is admittedly bullshit. Just hard not to throw back, when being thrown at - you understand.

I think we would much rather discuss differences/things, then go where this thread went. I know I haven't enjoyed it, and would much rather appreciate you, as a human being, if you can appreciate me, as a human being. Be fair to each other, be heated, but be fair, and find respect.

I very much appreciate your last post as well.

fair enough spock and most commendable.

you know and I have said this before, I am not here to make friends. I am here to respect my fellow man and discuss subjects. so on the respect level, yes I do respect you but only as a person not because you are a moderator or because of who you might be..

heated is the key word, I like getting heated and in the face of people, it brings out the best of them in terms of trying to "touche" one another, I also find it works best in trying to get information out of someone...

yes perhaps I project and can be a bullshitter with the bullshitters, but I try my best to maintain an open relationship with you and every member, unless there next or initial reaction is "FUCK YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!" over and over and over again... you understand, you get it every 2 weeks or so.

I respect you man, I really do, you are the only person on here that I identify with and at the same time disagree with the most, and it intrigues me to say the least, why that is....?

yes I am willing to work on a deal, but I have tried deals before with little success so for now and hopefully a good portion of my time here I accept your willingness to build past this, and hope it last on both ends.

peace Spock. I too appreciate when you write to me like your last post, not the one above but the one before that, that is the way it should be.

Initiate

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 pm » by Captainkarizma

cmon give each other a hug !!!
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 pm » by Epicfailure

captainkarizma wrote:cmon give each other a hug !!!

lmao, you are a good guy.

Writer

PostSun Nov 21, 2010 11:54 pm » by Wallstreet

spock wrote:

remember this by Orson Welles

Upload to Disclose.tv

The west do not have a superior or less painful model of freedom but just another alterNATIVE matrix that u seem very happy and contented about. Look at the banking debacle, the white man does not have superior morals, read Richard Dawkins The Selfish Gene. We are all greedy by nature.

Some races are better atheletes than others (enviromental factors) and some races are better barbarians than others(enviromental factors and the nuclear bomb)

..DO!(do) what it takes to enter the next phase of personal evolution and break free.

we can all safely assume u Spock have this personal evolution and have broken free eh; from the phantom menace?the imaginary foes that plague the path of every DTV surfer.

Another very well documented account of so called non evil western improvement of Africa is the Congo make over. :rtft: 2 books u may want to peek at
wikipedia

King Leopold's Ghost (1998) is a best-selling popular history book by Adam Hochschild that explores the EXPLOITATION of the Congo Free State by King Leopold II of Belgium between 1885 and 1908.

America's Tyrant: The C.I.A. and Mobuto of Zaire(1993) American university press by Sean Kelly p57-60 Kelly's careful account is based on interviews and documents, particularly the landmark report of November 20, 1975, from the U.S. Senate investigation headed by Senator Frank Church: Alleged Plots Involving Foriegn Leaders: An Interim Report of the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations With Respect to Intelligence Activities.
Basically President Eisenhower authorized the assassination of Patrice Émery Lumumba, the first legally elected president of of the Republic of the Congo.

Upload to Disclose.tv

:hiho: :hiho:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

and lets not forget the brilliant Nuke

Master Conspirator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:09 am » by Cornbread714

Gayest thread ever.

But I mean that in a good way... :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

PreviousNext