So Sorry! Harbin - This deserved it's own thread.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am » by Spock

WallStreet, I believe each individual has it within themselves (excluding some unforeseen physical circumstance) to succeed, and transcend.

Some people find the strength and prowess from the inside, personally, I find that sort of life changing event through faith in a higher power. (That can be another discussion).

I never insinuated it was easy, and, it may come easier for some then others, but that is no reason to be envious and demand an even playing field. We just have to do. And the more someone is able to branch outside of their particular circumstance, the more that person can excel, because they have found the model of achievement.

It should never even be a thought that the playing field is level at birth, but even more degrading then that idea, is the notion that people can't excel. That is the stripping of hope and endeavor. It's called "complaisancey", "slothfulness". And to defend those, by pointing a finger, is worse then depression, because what that does is builds a train of "reason" that "complaisancey", "slothfulness" are justified., because of "--->INSERT EXTERNAL FACTOR HERE<---".

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 am » by Shaggietrip

I did not read every page or post. I did comment in its early stage. "Racism" will be around as long as there is a diverse population. Slavery started in the middle east and was supported by the jews and then brought to America. research it.

This pic may get deleted or thread locked. But All the dumb asses that are racist or want to fucking cry about what was/is here is a pic for you. s
Screw racism if you are racist you may be a turd.

http://www.disclose.tv/files/photos/b5577aba4568986L.jpg

EDIT - CLICK LINK ABOVE IF YOU WISH TO HURL.
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Writer

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:38 am » by Wallstreet

spock wrote:WallStreet, I believe each individual has it within themselves (excluding some unforeseen physical circumstance) to succeed, and transcend.

Some people find the strength and prowess from the inside, personally, I find that sort of life changing event in a faith in a higher power. (That can be another discussion).

I never insinuated it was easy, and, it may come easier for some then others, but that is no reason to be envious and demand an even playing field. We just have to do. And the more someone is able to branch outside of their particular circumstance, the more that person can excel, because they have found the model of achievement.

It should never even be a thought that the playing field is level at birth, but even more evil then it not being, is the notion that people can't excel. That is the stripping of hope and endeavor. It's called "complaisancey", "slothfulness". And to defend those, by pointing a finger, is worse then depression, because what that does is builds a train of "reason" that "complaisancey", "slothfulness" are justified., because of "INSERT EXTERNAL FACTOR HERE".

Achievement is in the eye of the beholder..
Frank Sinatra was first given a clean bill of health after being drafted for service. All his achievements suddenly lost all meaning to the government . Mr. Sinatra however had 2 seek help elsewhere before they changed his medical report to a fail. Ur achievement is just a illusion, happiness - vageries of perception.

Free society or the idea of free is relative and subjective in nature. U r not free 2 choose wher or how u were born for instance. Therefore any future freedom one may aspire 2 will b dictated by social factors like guardians tribal belief systems,peer groups cultural values also enviromental factors like weather, quality and access 2 food, frequency of meals, surrounding hazards and predators,and enemies. All these things shape ones opinion of what freedom is making it a personal choice.
Was the character Tarzan ever free, it depends on your viewpoint . Is ultimately freedom 2 do what makes u feel happy irrespective of external viewpoints true freedom? The things we enjoy doing today would not be possible unless sum1 died(Warriors) in order 4 us civilians to pursue these material freedoms we have today. Western Warriors voluntarily, and temporarily sacrifice their freedoms temporarily, so others can enjoy freedoms. We have no choice over when these sacrifices are demanded of troops, but we reap the benifits.
All electronic technology is a by product of the Military infrastructure which exists to protect those who have won power in the game of life including r protection or Franks.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Last edited by Wallstreet on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:41 am » by sockpuppet

Wow, I think I got here kinda late.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 am » by Spock

It seems your talking only monetary success. How about legacy success? You can strive to achieve down any path you feel is most beneficial to you. Do you have to be rich to be successful? Of course not.

Define success.

Success is when you have achieved happiness in life.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 am » by sockpuppet

spock wrote:

Alrighty, I'll bite!

Do you think that the technology and "civilized advancement" brought by the Europeans did anything for the native tribal people there? Why or why not?

IMO, my biggest qualm with that while video on apartheid is that it doesn't take the most important factor in consideration AT ALL: does tribal culture (and hence, happiness and success in all its forms) value the kinds of "technology and civilization" brought by the Europeans? Because if not, the entire premise of the video is null and void.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 am » by Spock

Yea, you did get here late.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 am » by Spock

sockpuppet wrote:
spock wrote:

Alrighty, I'll bite!

Do you think that the technology and "civilized advancement" brought by the Europeans did anything for the native tribal people there? Why or why not?

IMO, my biggest qualm with that while video on apartheid is that it doesn't take the most important factor in consideration AT ALL: does tribal culture (and hence, happiness and success in all its forms) value the kinds of "technology and civilization" brought by the Europeans? Because if not, the entire premise of the video is null and void.

You can never achieve happiness when you know you are back peddling.

As far as the video goes, the locals wished for the benefits of European culture to be handed to them, thought they could easily handle it, yet, they could not maintain the same level.

Because, achievement is hard.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 1:06 am » by sockpuppet

spock wrote:
You can never achieve happiness when you know you are back peddling.

As far as the video goes, the locals wished for the benefits of European culture to be handed to them, thought they could easily handle it, yet, they could not maintain the same level.

Because, achievement is hard.

Yes, achievement is hard... But if it is a cultural understanding that say, the earth will provide and all is free, then it is not valued in their culture to achieve for themselves... So what the Europeans had was free candy and there is no shame (to them) in asking for handouts.

I am not justifying it of course, because we have cultural values that tell us you get what you work for or earn and that nothing in life is free... but I am just trying to put a perspective on this.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 am » by Spock

Valid point, but do they really think the earth is free? Never any tribal warfare in south africa before Johannesburg?

I like that position, but I don't buy it. These aren't people that lived secluded on a south pacific island.

PreviousNext