Sole Proprieter of a Small Buisness...Any Advice?

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm » by Funnyman46

Newearthman, do you have a staples store in your area? In most cases, you can get a box of fully custom cards for around $30(US). I believe there are at least 500 cards per box.

Anyone know where I can get an import broker who'll do business without wanting the container value at $50k minimum?
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Initiate

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 pm » by Hamal67

http://www.vistaprint.ca/vp/ns/default.aspx?xnav=logo&GP=8%2f11%2f2010+8%3a09%3a59+AM I've used the co.uk for free cards and only paid for P&P you can pay for extra options.

Word of warning though use an email add you can delete because you'll be bombarded with "offers"

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 pm » by Eliakim

newearthman wrote:Im looking for a free website to make professional grade buisness cards at...Does anyone know a good site?

I would also welcome any general advice!

My company will be called "Natural Choice Energy" and I will focuse on small electrical jobs and any other type of trade orientated work for home owners and small buisnesses . Keep in mind I live in BC, Canada.

In the future I will specialize in off grid and free energy installations for home owners and cottages.

Company names are extremely important as are corporate identities. Most people are unaware that it is your public face.

Many customers get confused if and when there are too many people offering what they view as the same.

You have to be unique it you wish to carve out a niche market of loyal customers that come to you.

My professional advice do more work on the name and invest in a professional design. The right name and design that can work across all mediums is worth its weight in gold. I recommend keeping it short with an excellent by-line.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 pm » by Funnyman46

Business cards now days are more of a formality. Most go into the trash can. If anything they can be used to introduce yourself but I wouldn't place any long term benifit in them. The Domain name of your business site is where the money should be spent. That and the SEO (optimazation).
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Initiate

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm » by Starphazer

This is what i use.All you need are the blank cards for your printer.Its all online.no need to install software.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templa ... nline.htm#

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:30 pm » by Eliakim

What about keeping it simple

OffGrid

OfftheGrid
Free electro-energy service.

OfftheGrid
Freedom Energy Service

OfftheGrid
ECO - serving people and planet.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 2:44 pm » by Eliakim

In fact you could go one step further

OfftheGridlogo
Serving people and planet. (by-line)

name Mr ECO

Sometimes a design chosen for a website doesn't work on corporate identities and vice a versa. It take a good strategic designer to come up with the best solution that can work in all mediums. In your case if might be required to work on bill boards, van, etc etc.

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 3:07 pm » by TheDuck

Vista print is ze best lol
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 pm » by Newearthman

Thanks for all the ideas people! I will post a copy when I'm done!

I already applied for "Natural Choice Energy" because it has many meanings for instance:

natural choice= obvious choice,confidence, choosing nature, the easy choice (subliminal)
natural=Nature and living green
choice=no pressure, the right decision.
energy=anything that involves work needs energy, my speciallity(electrical) fully charged and able.
Natural Choice Energy= a balence between living with nature and technology (I think I will use this slogan)

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 pm » by Newearthman

Screw it, I will get some proffessionally made...lol.

PreviousNext