Some christians need to remember to treat others nicely.

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 am » by Gavriil1983

I'm against any preacher's style who spews hate and encourages bullying and anything hateful because someone is gay, bi, trans or in anyway different from their idea of normal. That is not the way the faith is supposed to work, and to say things such as "God hates you" is not only a blatent mistruth, but a way of being a bad christian.
God gives us two very important things to follow in this life:
Love God with all that you are
Love your neighbor as yourself.
If your response to a gay person or a trans person being bullied to the point of suicide or being murdered is "they shouldn't be that way, so it serves them right", then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and give your head a shake.
The bible may say "that's a no no", but it says that equally about a lot of things we're not doing that we should or things we shouldn't be doing that we are.
My point is this. Have compassion for your fellow human being and remember that God loves them as much as he loves you, so even if you despise another person's lifestyle, you still should be loving, and a compassionate individual.
Don't hate a person because they're gay, bi or trans.
Love them because they're human.

Thanks

Gavriil

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:06 am » by Troll2rocks

I dont believe in a god, however...

Good message man religious or not, thanks
Last edited by Troll2rocks on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 am » by 20truthseeker10

I have a question... What does your god say about misanthropists? FYI, most in DTV just don't like preachers... but interesting message.

PS: Welcome
Share the knowledge; not the insults.

Writer

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am » by 2edgeswordjesus

Jesus said love thy neighbor as your self,don't judge because we all have
sinned before the father. Pray for those who need salvation because god
is judge and jury and we are saved by grace and not of our own works!
I only preach because there's still people who never heard of Jesus,
if you have and don't believe then I've done my job so don't take it personal
people who haven't heard have a right to know the truth and not the lies
because fires the worst way to spend eternity :pray: !

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 am » by Gavriil1983

20truthseeker10 wrote:I have a question... What does your god say about misanthropists? FYI, most in DTV just don't like preachers... but interesting message.

PS: Welcome

I'd say god is not cool with it, since it's hatred of others.
Unfortunately, a lot of people who talk about the faith and bash it over others heads without checking if they want to hear about it or establishing a rapport with people and such miss the point of being christian. It isn't about how many converts a person can bag, it's about treating others with respect and dignity.
as for the DTV not liking preachers, I don't take that personally.
I'm just sharing an opinion about people who preach about a faith that they then through their actions (and lack of respect) ignore.
Thanks for the comment,20truthseeker10

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:53 am » by Aragajag

Disclose TV isnt disclose your religious views or preach them. Dont turn this into a religious talk please, welcome.

2h. Agenda posting: Do not use the site to promote an agenda. This often involves the starting of forum threads or making posts which appear to be legitimate in nature but which are aimed at surreptitiously promoting some political view, religious belief or to attack or criticise other members, beliefs or views in an underhand manner which detracts from unbiased and fair discussion.

2j. Preaching: Do not promote or push religious beliefs on to others, we have visitors from all over the world of many different faiths and we ask that all beliefs be respected. Using the site to preach to, convert other members or to 'advertise' a belief system is disallowed, this board is about letting people decide for themselves what to believe.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 am » by Wakemeup

gavriil1983 wrote:I'm against any preacher's style who spews hate and encourages bullying and anything hateful because someone is gay, bi, trans or in anyway different from their idea of normal. That is not the way the faith is supposed to work, and to say things such as "God hates you" is not only a blatent mistruth, but a way of being a bad christian.
God gives us two very important things to follow in this life:
Love God with all that you are
Love your neighbor as yourself.
If your response to a gay person or a trans person being bullied to the point of suicide or being murdered is "they shouldn't be that way, so it serves them right", then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and give your head a shake.
The bible may say "that's a no no", but it says that equally about a lot of things we're not doing that we should or things we shouldn't be doing that we are.
My point is this. Have compassion for your fellow human being and remember that God loves them as much as he loves you, so even if you despise another person's lifestyle, you still should be loving, and a compassionate individual.
Don't hate a person because they're gay, bi or trans.
Love them because they're human.

Thanks

Gavriil

I enjoy my booze and I like my weed although my work doesnt so I tend to stay away from it but it is much more medicinal in all aspects. Back to your post. Amen brother. I love everyone no matter what color. We are all the same inside and I could never kill another human being. I hate war but it is a touchy subject cause where would we be ? If there was no such thing as hate and fighting over religion...this world would be different. They...whoever..can take me down if they want where as I am on this planet to do no harm. I will go out in style need be but for the most part it will be them that has to live with what they have done and face the consequences. As for people who are gay? Too each their own. They are born that way ..just like some are born heteral. Put yourself in their shoes....how would you feel?
I have nothing against gay people and there has been many talented in the music industry. They are people with emotions and heart. I'm not gay by the way but I respect their freedom like I respect mine.....peace