Sony likely to unveil next PlayStation on Feb. 20

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 pm » by Vulcanic

NEW YORK (AP) — Sony is poised to unveil the next PlayStation game console on Feb. 20, a date that would give the Japanese electronics company a head start over Microsoft's expected announcement of an Xbox 360 successor in June.

Sony Corp. invited journalists to an evening press event in New York City. The company has not said what it plans to show off, but signs indicate that it'll be the PlayStation 4. Sony would only say that it "will deliver and speak about the future PlayStation business."

Such a console would follow Nintendo's Wii U, which launched last fall, and precede Microsoft Corp.'s next Xbox game console, which will likely be unveiled in June at the E3 video game conference in Los Angeles.

Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter said it's a "super smart" move for Sony to pre-empt Microsoft. This way, the PlayStation 4 will get the spotlight without much competition.

The currently available PlayStation 3 went on sale in 2006, a year after the Xbox 360. But Xbox 360 has been more popular, largely because of its robust online service, Xbox Live, which allows people to play games with others online. The Wii is still the top seller among the three consoles, though it has lost momentum in recent years.

The Wii U was the first of the newest generation of video game consoles to launch, but sales so far have been disappointing. Nintendo Co.'s president, Satoru Iwata, acknowledged recently that the Wii U and the handheld Nintendo 3Ds didn't do well over the holidays, but he ruled out a price cut for the new console.

All three console makers are trying to position their devices as entertainment hubs that go beyond games as they try to stay relevant in the age of smartphones and tablet computers. Such hubs can deliver TV shows, movies and music. The Wii U has a TV-watching feature called TVii. With it, the console's touch-screen GamePad controller becomes a remote control for your TV and set-top box. TVii groups your favorite shows and sports events together, whether it's on live TV or an Internet video service such as Hulu Plus. And it offers water-cooler moments you can chat about on social media.
HONORI­FICABILI­TUDINI­TATIBUS
Remiel
VULCANIC PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­KONIOSIS

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 pm » by Opalserpent

Awesome I want one.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 am » by Vulcanic

Opalserpent wrote:Awesome I want one.

lol awsome pictures :flop:
Remiel

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 6:15 am » by Kaarmaa

Great pictures :flop:

We'll buy the Wii U in March, when Monster Hunter 3 comes out. I hope I'll be able to quit GW2 for at least a couple of hours a day :lol:
The playstation will wait and how long will depend on it's games. :)

Initiate

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 6:57 am » by just_the_flu

multi port games will still be made for xbox and ported over to pc and ps3....

so multi platform games will be crap on anything but xbox... its just how its been...

its bad when pc games work better on console.... same with playsataion games... games are designed for xbox these daze.... game problems seem to be with multi platform game mainly... they work best on xbox... and games are released first on xbox....

microsoft sucked a big one.... they basically monopolized "shooters".....
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...

...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 am » by Ghost32

Good Post, but I dont know how sincere they are actually being, I personally think its a Console False Flag campaign to try and get Microsoft to show their hand you might say because on January 25th of 2013 Sony's President said repeatedly that Sony would not show the new Playstation 4 (Codenamed Orbis) until Microsoft had shown their Xbox predecessor (codenamed Durango) but will most likely just be called "XBOX" when it is officially released.

Sony president, Kaz Hirai, seems to be content on repeating the company’s PlayStation 3 launch mistake by holding off PlayStation 4 (Orbis) release until Microsoft has launched its Xbox 360 predecessor (Durango).

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?" he explained to British magazine, The Times.

With both Orbis and Durango specs nearly finalized, most enthusiasts expected official announcements to be made during this year’s E3 expo in June. This looks less likely now.

This quest for processing power superiority has lead Sony to release PlayStation 3 a full year after Xbox 360. When Sony’s consoles finally made it to the market in 2006, its main competitor had already enjoyed a market lead of 10 million units sold. Even worse, Nintendo Wii was released around the same time PlayStation 3 was launched but it still managed to overshadow both consoles before the end of 2007, effectively proving that raw processing power is not the decisive factor in this market.

http://megagames.com/news/sony-ceo-we%E ... ws-its-own

:ghost: 32

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am » by Opalserpent

just_the_flu wrote:multi port games will still be made for xbox and ported over to pc and ps3....

so multi platform games will be crap on anything but xbox... its just how its been...

its bad when pc games work better on console.... same with playsataion games... games are designed for xbox these daze.... game problems seem to be with multi platform game mainly... they work best on xbox... and games are released first on xbox....

microsoft sucked a big one.... they basically monopolized "shooters".....

There is also talk about more cross platform games coming as well.

ps4 might mean that pc gamers might get games that take advantage our our high end
machines, my video card gtx680m has 4 gigs of ram alone :obsessed: Dx11 graphics.

I heard that Wii U is suffering in sales and is hurting nintendo which is a shame since
you can get some great games on that console.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm » by just_the_flu

Opalserpent wrote:
ps4 might mean that pc gamers might get games that take advantage our our high end
machines,

this would be nice.... tho im talkin about performance and game play mainly, not graphically..

the issue i see is multi platform games its they run best on the xbox. usually they port over like crap to ps3... ps3 has most problems when it comes to the cross platform games imo. (just read any game forum).

and pc... well the last couple games i played that were on all platforms, skyrim cough... well that was totally designed for a console and to be used with a controller imo... yea mods blah blah blah.. shouldnt have to mod a game to be pc friendly :?

lets hope the next generation of games are better with new consoles coming out... this monopoly with xbox is gay...

generally i try to stick to ps3/pc exclusive games only, only because they have little to no problems. but.... it is rare to find 'console' specific games anymore (unless ur into mmos on pc... and thats a different topic i wont rant aboot here :ohno:)

edit: if the same shit continues (games designed for xbox first, then ported to pc/playstation) i might have to break down and get new gen xbox rather than another playstation (proud owner of all three so far).... but i doubt it :cheers: .... but well see..... :roll:
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...

...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm » by Vulcanic

funny thing is i just got both my ps3's up to 2000 gigs and lovin it now they release a new one... i love my ps vita but i really need more memory for it .. my xbox 360 is only 320 gigs but its the halo version.

any serious gamers out here? on ps3 i have 100's of games all online multi players so if anyone wants to play sometime let me know :flop:
Remiel

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm » by Ufosarus

i here that both the new playstaion and xbox are going to be amazing, graphics that will make
hd tv look like your grannys old black and white :o

Next