Soon new moon close ups

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 pm » by Blotto

you need to get creative and build a stand for camcorder. and maybe make a connector to atach camcorder to your barlow on the scope. im sure you can knock something up.

think like the A TEAM or MACGYVER or you could buy a special adapter. but much more satisfying making something yourself to do the job.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm » by Timewarp

Very nice clips :flop:

Writer

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm » by Quebeccanada

I was wondering what kind of camcorder and scope you are using?
I took a couple of shot last summer during full moon using my Canon XL2 but since I got the stock 20X lens it does'nt even come close to your shot.
I am planning to use it in an horror movie I will shoot this summer ,unfortunatey for you guys,it will be in french...but if anyone of you wants to see it It'll be a pleasure to make subtitle for you

Initiate

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 pm » by Bosb33r

quebeccanada wrote:I was wondering what kind of camcorder and scope you are using?
I took a couple of shot last summer during full moon using my Canon XL2 but since I got the stock 20X lens it does'nt even come close to your shot.
I am planning to use it in an horror movie I will shoot this summer ,unfortunatey for you guys,it will be in french...but if anyone of you wants to see it It'll be a pleasure to make subtitle for you

The equipment what i normaly use is the Celestron 8" telescope some very good eyepieces and a pocket camera :D you will see it in the full movie tomorrow!

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 pm » by Lowsix

Bos... First rate as always.
PLEASE never forget us,
you know you'll always get some love here..

thanks for sharing man,
the work is absolutely great.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am » by Kingz

kingz wrote:Great stuff.... As always, will be looking forward to see what you have created :D
By the way, since you have a lot of footage.. did you ever see strange things when observing the moon? Like seeing objects fly over the surface or something else... just wondering ;) :mrgreen:

bosb33r wrote:Hi kingz,

well i see on the dark places of the moon some bright lights not filmed yet!, perhaps soon but i am not so lucky to catch this kind of things :(

On the next vid you will see some nice results of the surface of the moon , is it yust shadows or ............ :flop:

kingz wrote:Because I was filming the moon this night while smoking a uuh sigaret ;) and I saw a strange "lighter" spot in the shadow side...

I'm busy uploading it now, recon it will take a few minutes :mrgreen:

nickelson wrote:
Where is it Kingz? Or are you still smoking or fell a sleep maybe on your porch? :lol:

Well, here it is... I don't know if this is common, or pretty rare... I hope the last heheh :mrgreen:

Anyway the cam work is a little shaky, since my tripod is really crappy and my handycam is not of the best quality... but it does the job nonetheless!

Bright Shining Light On The Surface Of The Moon?!
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 am » by Blotto

not sure if it is or not. but one possability is , that what your seeing is a mountain that sticks up higher than anything thats in the shade , and thus catches the sunlight witch in turn gives the illusion of a bright light in a shaded part of the moon, i have seen this type of thing before through my own scope. but im not saying thats what were seeing here , but its possible, by the way those are the best times to view the moon through a scope when the moons shaded like that , half moons good you can see more detail on the edges of the shaded parts.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am » by Kingz

blotto wrote:not sure if it is or not. but one possability is , that what your seeing is a mountain that sticks up higher than anything thats in the shade , and thus catches the sunlight witch in turn gives the illusion of a bright light in a shaded part of the moon, i have seen this type of thing before through my own scope. but im not saying thats what were seeing here , but its possible, by the way those are the best times to view the moon through a scope when the moons shaded like that , half moons good you can see more detail on the edges of the shaded parts.

I agree, that is probably what we see... but looks kinda stylish anyhow I think, It's not like an alienspaceship or anything :mrgreen:

But there are a lot of reports of strange lunar lights during the century's that remain a mystery.
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 am » by Blotto

kingz wrote:
blotto wrote:not sure if it is or not. but one possability is , that what your seeing is a mountain that sticks up higher than anything thats in the shade , and thus catches the sunlight witch in turn gives the illusion of a bright light in a shaded part of the moon, i have seen this type of thing before through my own scope. but im not saying thats what were seeing here , but its possible, by the way those are the best times to view the moon through a scope when the moons shaded like that , half moons good you can see more detail on the edges of the shaded parts.

I agree, that is probably what we see... but looks kinda stylish anyhow I think, It's not like an alienspaceship or anything :mrgreen:

But there are a lot of reports of strange lunar lights during the century's that remain a mystery.

i have seen quite a few flashes on the moon over the years, both in shaded and none shaded parts, also seen a few objects close to the moon, even seen a couple that have changed direction mid flight out near the moon.. nasa are a shower of bastards, the public pay for nasa , and nasa just spits in the face of joe public, with lies.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 pm » by Nickelson

blotto wrote:
kingz wrote:

i have seen quite a few flashes on the moon over the years, both in shaded and none shaded parts, also seen a few objects close to the moon, even seen a couple that have changed direction mid flight out near the moon.. nasa are a shower of bastards, the public pay for nasa , and nasa just spits in the face of joe public, with lies.

I sure need to buy a scope. I am convinced. What's a good not to expensive buy, anyone knows?

Also I would like to see more of this kind of video's on lights on the Moon and not the video's showing mountains indeed.

Good observation though
:flop:

PreviousNext