Space Anomalies: Revisited

Master Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 10:44 am » by *WillEase*

Top 10 myths surrounding NASA's Columbia space shuttle disaster
James Oberg, NBC News Space Analyst
Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM ET

4. The spacecraft was crippled by 'space lightning' during re-entry, but NASA covered it up.

A widely circulated image taken in California showed the shuttle's fireball streak with a zigzag line catching up with it. Two effects produced this optical illusion. First, a shuttle re-entry typically leaves a persistent streak across the sky that lasts several minutes. Second, the camera was taking a time exposure on a tripod, so when the "open" button was pushed, it briefly shook, laying down the zigzag.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/top-10-m ... -1B8210060

A much more detailed explanation can be read here:
http://www.jamesoberg.com/columbiazig-zag.pdf
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 10:58 am » by Spock

Indeed Marduk! Great addition to the thread! :flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 am » by RATRODROB

*WillEase* wrote:Top 10 myths surrounding NASA's Columbia space shuttle disaster

4. The spacecraft was crippled by 'space lightning' during re-entry, but NASA covered it up.

A widely circulated image taken in California showed the shuttle's fireball streak with a zigzag line catching up with it. Two effects produced this optical illusion. First, a shuttle re-entry typically leaves a persistent streak across the sky that lasts several minutes. Second, the camera was taking a time exposure on a tripod, so when the "open" button was pushed, it briefly shook, laying down the zigzag.

Thanx WILL, I think that clears that up reasonably well, so its full steam ahead, business as usual.

ps, I think its pretty amazing how much 'stuff ' is flying around up there.
with the oddities you find, if they are space junk left behind by humans rather than some sort of intelligent entity or craft, would that mean we would have more stuff (space junk) falling back to earth and creating more small fireballs than we actually get.
I guess what im saying is that the amount of stuff you keep finding floating around up there is staggering, and if its mostly just our junk wouldn't there be more falling back to earth in the form of meteors in appearance.
If they don't fall back to earth because they are not 'junk' then they must be able to hold their orbit, which junk can only do for a certain amount of time, hence some of this stuff you find has to be controlled by someone or thing, other wise they would be all falling back to earth after awhile, is that reasonable to suggest WILL.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 am » by -Marduk-

*WillEase* wrote:Top 10 myths surrounding NASA's Columbia space shuttle disaster

We had a convo about the space shuttle shot down by a "UFO" case.

You literally chew 2 hours for a response to my post ...and YOU have ze guts to share zis BS??

Really???

The most interesting pic of ze COLUMBIA incident, JUST a lightning strike, YOU say?

cumming from YOU?

u shot ureself in ze knee brah !

:shooting:
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Master Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 6:07 pm » by *WillEase*

If you want to believe that a UFO shot down the shuttle, that's fine with me.
I am standing in the shaken camera group, backed by dozens of independent as well as NASA photo-
analyst. But somehow that makes me crazy?
Kindly produce the original hi-def image to back up your story, or move along.

P.S. do I need to post a screen shot of our conversation to prove that our conversation lasted for about five minutes, and only once did I even ask you what you thought about my discovery.
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 pm » by Yuya63

Generally, when a camera is mounted on a tri-pod, there is a remote thumb button to activate the shutter, or take the picture. This would eliminate any shaking. I dont know what they used, just saying.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 11, 2013 12:28 am » by *WillEase*

Yuya63 wrote:Generally, when a camera is mounted on a tri-pod, there is a remote thumb button to activate the shutter, or take the picture. This would eliminate any shaking. I dont know what they used, just saying.

Good point.
That is how I would have done it too.
Keep in mind, these are the conclusions drawn based on the photographer's statement. Given that the
event was unexpected, he may not have had the time to fully set up his camera. Still, all we can do at this point is speculate.
I sure would like to see the original image though.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 11, 2013 4:44 am » by *WillEase*

STS088-704-27 :think:

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 12, 2013 12:51 am » by *WillEase*

STS092-368-003 (16 October 2000) --- Tethered to Unity on the International Space Station (ISS), astronaut Michael Lopez-Alegria prepares to snap a picture with a 35mm camera. A blanket of white clouds covers the part of Earth in the horizon scene beyond Lopez-Alegria.This was the second of four STS-92 space walks for the crew and the first of two for Lopez-Alegria.

sts092-368-003
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/ima ... 68-003.jpg

Master Conspirator

PostMon Aug 12, 2013 5:38 am » by *WillEase*

PreviousNext