Speaking the worst to God

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

I believe in God nevertheless not knowing what he is.

I am infected with the God virus nonetheless not knowing why and how.

God makes deep sense to me nevertheless not knowing anything for sure.

The God question is a deep thing living in me and with me, and I don`t know how to get rid of it.

I often spoke with God as if he would be real. I felt as if I would stand or kneel or lay before him and had my heart and mind open. And I know the new testamant very well about this topic.

Over the years I was more thinking of him than speaking with my voice. I was caring more for an inner speaking. And again - I can not say why it came this way.

And I found that speaking to God is something healthy too. I`m not sure whether God is listening the way I do. But speaking before God is a good thing.

There are lines in the Psalms that sound terribly horrible to modern ears. See for instance
Psalm 58:7-12. 25.28
Psalm 59
Psalm 137:8-9.

Instead of living my rage and anger I speak it before God. I say it in my language. I let it sound and form sentences and words. And something healing happens.

After having thoughts spoken out thoughts begin to change. The pressure of living rage and anger disappears. Speaking aloud is the beginning of a healing process.

Maybe it needs not a thing called prayer. But using language as speech practice is clearing thoughts thus avoiding to become an angry idiot.

Of course this works not all the time, but it helps a lot...

In this regard I would say: praying is finding our speech again.
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 2:53 pm » by Zer0

Maybe it needs not a thing called prayer. But using language as speech practice is clearing thoughts thus avoiding to become an angry idiot.

Are you trying to tell me something?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Start writing, Oto, and use your language...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 3:41 pm » by Mandown

cos your shallow and have no self worth :help:
ManDown

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 pm » by Edgarrothstein

tertiusgaudens wrote:I believe in God nevertheless not knowing what he is.

I am infected with the God virus nonetheless not knowing why and how.

God makes deep sense to me nevertheless not knowing anything for sure.

The God question is a deep thing living in me and with me, and I don`t know how to get rid of it.

I often spoke with God as if he would be real. I felt as if I would stand or kneel or lay before him and had my heart and mind open. And I know the new testamant very well about this topic.

Over the years I was more thinking of him than speaking with my voice. I was caring more for an inner speaking. And again - I can not say why it came this way.

And I found that speaking to God is something healthy too. I`m not sure whether God is listening the way I do. But speaking before God is a good thing.

There are lines in the Psalms that sound terribly horrible to modern ears. See for instance
Psalm 58:7-12. 25.28
Psalm 59
Psalm 137:8-9.

Instead of living my rage and anger I speak it before God. I say it in my language. I let it sound and form sentences and words. And something healing happens.

After having thoughts spoken out thoughts begin to change. The pressure of living rage and anger disappears. Speaking aloud is the beginning of a healing process.

Of course this works not all the time, but it helps a lot...

In this regard I would say: praying is finding our speech again.

As i see it, TG, you're rapidly moving towards being a Spritualised Atheist. :mrgreen:

Being an introspective - a quiet one - is even better... :flop:

See, in the moments of ill health, the type of religion makes no difference. Any religion helps in the process of getting better, but yet there's no religion that will help you if the Faith is not present.

In my own experience, the visualisation and introspective verbalisation of the Faith in the worst moments is The Key.
Prayers, yes. But not the ones served by various Churches.
Or, yes - even the ones served by various Churches, but only in the case if you fully understand those prayers without even knowing the Psalms.

Don't get fooled or deceived by anyone in the process of physically getting better. Keeping the cool and rational Head is essential.

:cheers:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm » by Spock

It looks like TG is moving more towards the meat of his Christianity. I commend you for that sir.

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:26 pm » by 99socks

tertiusgaudens wrote:Psalm 58:7-12. 25.28

:help:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Initiate

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm » by Unitb166er

Faith is a Survival Advantage!

And that Observation might effect your reality!

:wink:
Designed To Give A Damn!

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Thank you, Edgar, I love the words and kind you are talking speaking of deep wisdom.

And thank you Spock, you ponderer...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm » by Edgarrothstein

99socks wrote:
tertiusgaudens wrote:Psalm 58:7-12. 25.28

:help:

Looks like advanced mathematics... :ohno:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Next