'Spice' incense contains synthetic cannabinoids

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm » by Savwafair2012

Did you know their is a synthetic form of Marijuana that can currently be purchased at most health food store's and Head shop's?

Well this type of Syn Bud can be found within the "Spice" incense.
K-12 which is another term it is referred by is a legal "incense" called Spice that is sold in head shops as a cannabis substitute. According to a recent report from Frankfurt, Germany, Spice actually contains real designer cannibinoids. Here is a Babelfish translation from the German news article:

The mode drug “Spice” sold as herb mixture contains an artificially manufactured chemical substance from the drug research of the company THC Farm according to a new study. In the examined samples of “Spice gold”, “Arctic synergy” and “Yukatan Fire” found to varying concentration the scientists the substance JWH-018 in more different and strongly. JWH-018 is a Cannabinoid manufactured on chemical way, which is taken up similarly to the Cannabispflanze contained active substance Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) by the Cannabinoid receptors in the brain. JWH-018 possesses a similar effect as THC, is however clearly stronger.

JWH-018 (1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole
is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family, which acts as a cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors, with some selectivity for CB2.[1][2][3] It produces effects in animals very similar to those of THC itself, but with a longer duration of action.

When smoked or orally ingested, JWH-018 produces some effects similar to those of cannabis. When it is not presented more directly to the bloodstream pulmonarily via inhalation, and instead is ingested orally, it goes through first pass digestion, and consequently its actions are affected by hepatic preprocessing, which reduces the immediacy of the bioavailabity of the substance. Its effects are by some persons considered as very similar to those of cannabis, but more of a general body high with unusually clear cerebral effects, the difference being analogous to that between cannabis that has a higher component ratio of cannabis sativa to cannabis indica. Some users have reported side effects, similar to those of cannabis, such as tachycardia, nausea, paranoia, hallucinations and anxiety. JWH-018 has also been described to be an efficient painkiller. One might suppose that its analgesic properties are similar to those of cannabis, due to its agonism at the same receptors, and that it so might be useful on some range of painful ailments.

http://spice-gold-direct.com/?kw=spice% ... &network=s
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostThu Mar 25, 2010 8:56 pm » by Snutz

As an experienced smoker of 14 years, I can say for a fact that the synthetic THC used in these new products is in no way comparable to naturally occurring THC found in Cannabis. It has absolutely none of the health benefits, is worse than tobacco in health and harshness, DEFINITELY has a shorter duration, and costs anywhere between 10-35% more than standard prices for medical grade Cannabis. 1g for 36 bucks, 3g for 75 .... that's a friggin ripoff!

Super Moderator

PostThu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm » by TheDuck

You tell 'em Snutz you crazy b*stard! :P
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm » by Savwafair2012

KANSAS – Kansas became the first state to ban the use of a popular marijuana synthetic earlier this month and now several other states across the nation seek to do the same.

K2 also known as spice, is an herbal substance that when smoked can produce a high similar to the one that occurs when under the influence of marijuana. K2’s intended use was as an incense but now has those who would abuse it scrambling to emergency rooms, suffering from vomiting, hallucinations, increased nervousness and aggression, as well as heart palpitations. K2 has long been banned in Europe, and now the states of Missouri, Illinois, Utah, Kentucky, Georgia, North Dakota, and Tennessee, may soon join the cause expressed by Kansas Senator Jim Barnett. Barnett, who is also a physician, has expressed concerned that K2 may have great potential for abuse.

Kansas has now classified K2 as a Schedule 1 controlled substance. Other substances in Kansas classified as schedule 1 substances include heroin, salvia, gypsum weed, and most opium derivatives. In Missouri, some retailers have voluntarily removed the product from their shelves. Pettis and St. Charles counties have already passed laws banning the sale and use of the synthetic substance.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/health/2010/0 ... nt-page-1/

Upload to Disclose.tv

3 Grams of the Latest and now Best Selling K2. K2 to the power of 2! Powerful Vanilla scent turns this into an Ultra Incense! MSRP $69.95, Sale: $49.95!
http://k2incense.org/cart/index.php?mai ... 2e0eb31a41
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 5:36 pm » by Jay427

yo snutz u need to check the prices again lol "1g for 36 bucks, 3g for 75 " nigga I get 3.5 grams for 20 WTF? I've been smokin for a while but this shit does get u high but I say stick with the real shit

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm » by Thebluecanary

There just seems something fundamentally wrong about synthetic THC. I've never tried them, but I don't think I'll be in any rush to either. Probably just as nasty for us as that fake sugar.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Writer

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:34 pm » by Immortalreiku

look up the msds sheet for this chemical. It says respiratory irritant on the first page. It is not synthetic thc. It just produces similar effects. It is also used as a bonsai tree fertilizer. This is in now way a substitute for mary jane. If you smoke it you do so at serious risk to your health as labeled on all packaging.

PostSun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 am » by Vegas1

For those who can't do the research on their own.... jwh-018 and all of its varients are in fact a sort of (syn)thetic thc. A scientist set on discovering the canibanoid receptors in the human brain created this compound to prove that they exist. Just look up jwh on ur computer n you will find all your answers. :-) as for the price it depends on where and how much you grab and as for the potency it was created to b at least 4 x's the strength as your best bud. As a holder of a medical card I can say I have tried syn and as many kinds of real bud as one can handle and the syn is one hitter.