Spot the Narcissist

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 5:11 pm » by 99socks

OK folks. So many of you know my little "situation" and you've all seen my criticism in the narcissism thread about a week or so ago, about how most narcissists don't actually exhibit the classic DSM symptoms, but who most certainly have a bazillion other behaviors that they can be identified with.

So, I stumbled on this about a week ago and it is just so perfect that I can't help but share.

There is a narcissist in this thread. Can you find him/her?

Can you count the number of narcissistic behaviors this person employs?

Can you see and understand how others are influenced by the narcissist without even knowing it?

What is the source of narcissistic supply?

:mrgreen:

Happy hunting....

http://community.grandparents.com/index ... ssism-fad/
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 pm » by TheDuck

You called.

I think everyone's a little narcissistic tbh, but especially women, just sayin'.

Really can't be arsed to read through that thread right now but free bump for ya
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 7:47 pm » by Constabul

99socks wrote:OK folks. So many of you know my little "situation" and you've all seen my criticism in the narcissism thread about a week or so ago, about how most narcissists don't actually exhibit the classic DSM symptoms, but who most certainly have a bazillion other behaviors that they can be identified with.

So, I stumbled on this about a week ago and it is just so perfect that I can't help but share.

There is a narcissist in this thread. Can you find him/her?

Can you count the number of narcissistic behaviors this person employs?

Can you see and understand how others are influenced by the narcissist without even knowing it?

What is the source of narcissistic supply?

Happy hunting....

http://community.grandparents.com/index ... ssism-fad/

Trick question, They all are.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 pm » by Kinninigan

:look:

I say the OP is the narcissist..

It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 8:52 pm » by Boondox681

JUST SAY NO....TO CRITICAL THINKING

thanx socks,keep it funky
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 pm » by Boondox681

ok.i have huge general views on the situation,but i'll focus on the issue.
obviously,the problem lies solely with the daughter.she's easily manipulated by both the father and more importantly,the new husband.he's the eye of the tornado.

Her letter explained that she was in therapy because my narcissism

utter nonsense by the daughter.
VALID REASON FOR THERAPY:
"my mommy didn't give me enough nipple."

INVALID REASON FOR THERAPY:
"grandma didn't give mommy enough nipple"

now this statement was in a response and is proof positive why you should never listen to people.EVER.
i found myself asking for help and/or information from members of this Group. even as i read your post i found myself crying at the situation you are in. the only suggestion i can offer is that you, on your own see a professional and request a full and complete evaluation of yourself, to determine if you truly are a narcissist.

YES,SOMEONE DOES NEED TO SEE A PROFESSIONAL.
FYI-if you need a complete evaluation by ANYONE to determine whether or not your a narcissist..do the world a favor and,well,you know the rest :flop:

thanx again socks
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 pm » by Spock

There's simply not enough information from that thread alone to know. I believe both the mother and the daughter have fault on them. If the mother is being 100% honest, then her therapist probably would have told her if she has narcissistic tendencies - but still, not enough information to make a clear judgement if you take everything into account and emotions involved.

One thing though, again, if the mother is 100% honest, is that the daughter used the hell out of her, so right off the bat, I think her daughter needs a swift kick in the teeth.

Did the mother overstep her bounds, quite possibly, but we can't be sure. What we are led to believe is we have a bossy as hell daughter that out of the blue cut ties to the mother.

But, I have seen the mother's behavior many time before - and from what I can gather from that thread, she is no narcissist, but definitely feels the need to be in control of the kids. My mother was much the same way when my son was younger, as a matter of fact, that thread read just like something my mother would have written if I had ever decided that her "doing" was getting in the way of my parental authority. However, I appreciated all my mother's hard work, even though I realized that emotionally she would use that as leverage to get her way. But she had an overwhelming capacity for empathy.

I know other "grandmothers" that are like that as well.

So, from what I read in that thread, there may be some narcissistic tendencies at play, but there is just not enough information to know if it is a full blown narcissist manipulating the scenario.

Here's a narcissist story for you.

The owner of my wife's company, loves throwing company Christmas parties, it's a way for him to put himself on a pedestal and remind everyone how "Christian" and on the right path he is.

Now, just a few months ago he verbally humiliated my wife for no reason in front of customers. He was wrong, and told he was wrong. One of the customer wrote a scathing review of him on Yelp.com and said that he had better be glad that was not his wife he had talked to that way. So, the jackass calls my wife into his office and tells her she is not to discuss what happens to her at work with me, and then blamed the yelped article on me. My wife assured him I did not write it, however, I did consider going up there and telling him to his face, but any recourse on my part would have cost my wife her job.

He did apologize to her, and said that "God is working on him", but the apology was not public and not genuine. What he was sorry for is that it was later confirmed by others that my wife was totally in the right, and that he bitched her out for following his ridiculous mandated procedures, and that he was utterly busted for being a jackass and he knew that everybody knew he was. (Even though everybody always knows anyway).

Okay - so now the Christmas Party dinner. Anyway, hell no we are not going, but this is just the icing on the cake. One of the guys went back to sign up for the dinner, he also signed his girlfriend as his guest. Another person, one of the managers, signed up as well and was going to take his daughter as he has for the past few years - because his wife never wants to go. So, the secretary of the owner tells them that they will have to pay for their guests dinner. Of course this sent shockwaves through the company. So, my wife's friend (which is her direct supervisor - also who just lost her husband to suicide a few weeks ago), called up the owner just to make sure - and he confirmed "Yes" that was the case and that he was sick of "FREELOADERS" at the company Christmas Party. Now, nobody had ever brought more that 1 guest, either a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, etc.

The list goes on and these are the personalities that are truly dangerous.

I worked for 8 years with a narcissist, I am very aware of how they act, and as much as they can piss me off, they can also supply volumes of material to either laugh or bitch about.

Now in the last thread about narcissism you said...

99socks wrote:
It's bullshit in that 70% of the narcissists in the world don't have these traits (in an obvious manner), yet people are led to believe that these are the "only" traits.

Sometimes the only way to see, is to look beyond the golden trunk and golden boughs and examine the rotten fruit that is conveniently and regularly turned under into the soil...

To which I say they do. Most people will in some fashion display these traits off and on, but when we're talking a real narcissistic personality disorder of high caliber, that test was a freaking bullseye - not bullshit, not in the slightest.

You also went on to say that Poooooot was a narcissist because of her avatar...

99socks wrote:
Poooooot wrote:
99socks wrote:

Judging by your avatar, I'd say you are a narcissist.

:lol:

??? The receptionist of the underworld from Beetlejuice makes me a narcissist?

Lol, sure.... according to the traits listed above, you are vain, competitive, snooty, and on a power-trip hahaha.... :P

Now, if you go back and look at the test from psych central, it asked very basic questions that it expected people to be honest about. And if someone was, then that was a very good indication that person should realize they have an issue. Because being...

99socks wrote:vain, competitive, snooty, and on a power-trip hahaha.... :P

is absolutely part of narcissism.

All that to say, your comment about that test being "bullshit", was bullshit itself.

People can have an opinion about a circumstance, such as this women in the thread and sway other's opinions to feel for her, and not be a narcissist. Hell, it happens on all forums all the time.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 pm » by Seahawk

TheDuck wrote:You called.

I think everyone's a little narcissistic tbh, but especially women, just sayin'.

I don't want to point at the women here, but I have to agree with the initial part of your statement, Duckie.

According to "Understanding Narcissism"
by Paul M. Floyd, M.Div., J.D. and
Bruce Narramore, Ph.D.

Everyone has at least a little narcissism. At the relatively healthy end of the continuum are people who believe in themselves and their abilities, but don’t demand special privileges nor consider themselves above the social rules or norms. They can visualize themselves as one of the best or most accomplished in their field or profession, and they may be competitive but they don’t envy or begrudge others of their success. They may occasionally be shrewd in dealing with others but they don’t exploit people or take unfair advantage of others to achieve their own ends. Most importantly, they possess a good awareness of their own thoughts, feelings, and needs, and they also respect others and have a genuine care and concern for them.

On the other end of the continuum, pathological narcissism is characterized by at least five of the following characteristics:1

* A need for constant attention and admiration
* A sense of entitlement
* Interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends)
* Lack of empathy (is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
* Envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
* An arrogant and haughty behavior or attitude << Applicable to some here at DTV. :P :peep:
* A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
* A belief that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people

Psychology for Living

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm » by Webcat

Spock wrote:There's simply not enough information from that thread alone to know. I believe both the mother and the daughter have fault on them. If the mother is being 100% honest, then her therapist probably would have told her if she has narcissistic tendencies - but still, not enough information to make a clear judgement if you take everything into account and emotions involved.

One thing though, again, if the mother is 100% honest, is that the daughter used the hell out of her, so right off the bat, I think her daughter needs a swift kick in the teeth.

Did the mother overstep her bounds, quite possibly, but we can't be sure. What we are led to believe is we have a bossy as hell daughter that out of the blue cut ties to the mother.

But, I have seen the mother's behavior many time before - and from what I can gather from that thread, she is no narcissist, but definitely feels the need to be in control of the kids. My mother was much the same way when my son was younger, as a matter of fact, that thread read just like something my mother would have written if I had ever decided that her "doing" was getting in the way of my parental authority. However, I appreciated all my mother's hard work, even though I realized that emotionally she would use that as leverage to get her way. But she had an overwhelming capacity for empathy.

I know other "grandmothers" that are like that as well.

So, from what I read in that thread, there may be some narcissistic tendencies at play, but there is just not enough information to know if it is a full blown narcissist manipulating the scenario.

Here's a narcissist story for you.

The owner of my wife's company, loves throwing company Christmas parties, it's a way for him to put himself on a pedestal and remind everyone how "Christian" and on the right path he is.

Now, just a few months ago he verbally humiliated my wife for no reason in front of customers. He was wrong, and told he was wrong. One of the customer wrote a scathing review of him on Yelp.com and said that he had better be glad that was not his wife he had talked to that way. So, the jackass calls my wife into his office and tells her she is not to discuss what happens to her at work with me, and then blamed the yelped article on me. My wife assured him I did not write it, however, I did consider going up there and telling him to his face, but any recourse on my part would have cost my wife her job.

He did apologize to her, and said that "God is working on him", but the apology was not public and not genuine. What he was sorry for is that it was later confirmed by others that my wife was totally in the right, and that he bitched her out for following his ridiculous mandated procedures, and that he was utterly busted for being a jackass and he knew that everybody knew he was. (Even though everybody always knows anyway).

Okay - so now the Christmas Party dinner. Anyway, hell no we are not going, but this is just the icing on the cake. One of the guys went back to sign up for the dinner, he also signed his girlfriend as his guest. Another person, one of the managers, signed up as well and was going to take his daughter as he has for the past few years - because his wife never wants to go. So, the secretary of the owner tells them that they will have to pay for their guests dinner. Of course this sent shockwaves through the company. So, my wife's friend (which is her direct supervisor - also who just lost her husband to suicide a few weeks ago), called up the owner just to make sure - and he confirmed "Yes" that was the case and that he was sick of "FREELOADERS" at the company Christmas Party. Now, nobody had ever brought more that 1 guest, either a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, etc.

The list goes on and these are the personalities that are truly dangerous.

I worked for 8 years with a narcissist, I am very aware of how they act, and as much as they can piss me off, they can also supply volumes of material to either laugh or bitch about.

Now in the last thread about narcissism you said...

99socks wrote:
It's bullshit in that 70% of the narcissists in the world don't have these traits (in an obvious manner), yet people are led to believe that these are the "only" traits.

Sometimes the only way to see, is to look beyond the golden trunk and golden boughs and examine the rotten fruit that is conveniently and regularly turned under into the soil...

To which I say they do. Most people will in some fashion display these traits off and on, but when we're talking a real narcissistic personality disorder of high caliber, that test was a freaking bullseye - not bullshit, not in the slightest.

You also went on to say that Poooooot was a narcissist because of her avatar...[

Judging by your avatar, I'd say you are a narcissist.

??? The receptionist of the underworld from Beetlejuice makes me a narcissist?[/quote]

Lol, sure.... according to the traits listed above, you are vain, competitive, snooty, and on a power-trip hahaha.... :P[/quote]

Now, if you go back and look at the test from psych central, it asked very basic questions that it expected people to be honest about. And if someone was, then that was a very good indication that person should realize they have an issue. Because being...

99socks wrote:vain, competitive, snooty, and on a power-trip hahaha.... :P

is absolutely part of narcissism.

All that to say, your comment about that test being "bullshit", was bullshit itself.

People can have an opinion about a circumstance, such as this women in the thread and sway other's opinions to feel for her, and not be a narcissist. Hell, it happens on all forums all the time.[/quote]

That is a superb reply. :flop:

To be 'Narcissist' is to be human.

It matters not if female or male.

But I still adore 99socks replies to posts/threads.

Is that being a female Narcissist?

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm » by Malogg

Who the feck cares about online Shreks ffs Ima deal wi my bro Shreking out all the time bahahahaha

Nothing is ever his own doing

Best way to deal wi one is tell em to F@CK OFF!! and watch em ignite, after that ignore their p1sh until they have finished stewing but believe me they always will bring it up again and again later down the line

Fuede fued fued eh

If ya find yerself in a relationship wi one ALL THE BEST !! Thata if ya dunni do a shoot. . .

GRUDGERS = NARCISSISTS

HAHA Image

Next