Stand Your Ground strikes again

Initiate

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 pm » by Domeika

It's not like the movies where everyone is a trick shot and we're popping off perfect head shots or shooting the bad guy in the foot to make him "dance."....

Funny story..... my brother and I both wanted to use our Dad's S&W .357 mag for hunting. It was rifle season at the time, but taking a pistol is also good for backup for hunting as well as some extra piece of mind while in bear country. At our cabin, we had a small pond and we put a coke can on the other side....about 50 yards. Who could hit it the most would win the privelege of using Dad's S&W. I hit it 5 out of 6, he nailed it 6 out of 6 and won. And then he braaaaged non stop.

The next day, he got a shot off with his rifle and wounded a deer. Our Dad heard the shot, as did I, so we came out of our hunting spots to help my brother track it. We fanned out and started making our way through the woods toward the closest stream and then all of a sudden, this wounded deer jumps up out of the brush not 5 feet from my brother, who then pulled the S&W and FIRED ALL SIX SHOTS from within 10 or so feet AND MISSED COMPLETELY.

At least I didn't have to listen to him brag about winning anymore, however, and more importantly,.....he was an excellent shot, but under a little pressure that all went quickly out the window.

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

If you really dont like somebody just say they where threatening to beat you to death with their bare tongue, you can then stand your ground and shoot them in the head in self defence....Viva La Merica...

As RRR stated I have been threatened many times by many people and I am yet to shoot anyone.. Gave some of them a good beating tho and received one or two myself...I live in No gun UK... :headscratch:

Damn, thinking about it now, I could have been killed every time....If I had a gun I would never have put myself in such ridiculously dangerous positions :ohno:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 pm » by Thebluecanary

Fatdogmendoza wrote:If you really dont like somebody just say they where threatening to beat you to death with their bare tongue, you can then stand your ground and shoot them in the head in self defence....Viva La Merica...

As RRR stated I have been threatened many times by many people and I am yet to shoot anyone.. Gave some of them a good beating tho and received one or two myself...I live in No gun UK... :headscratch:

Damn, thinking about it now, I could have been killed every time....If I had a gun I would never have put myself in such ridiculously dangerous positions :ohno:

Nobody is advocating that you just shoot someone because you don't like them, so let's not oversimplify things.

And the fact that you've doled out some "good beatings" and are alive to tell the tale is you being very lucky. Let's not assume that your subjective experience defines everyone's reality. People get beaten to death every day. And there is no way of knowing, in any altercation, that you will be able to survive a physical confrontation until the fight is over. Too late to be wishing you'd been armed when you're in the hospital enjoying your vegetative state. (Or dead because you misjudged that guy's ability to cave your skull in). Maybe it's just best to avoid screaming threats at someone, especially when the threat involves killing them, because they might take your threat seriously.

I love how it's impossible to have any internet discussion about gun control without the obligatory weigh in from someone in some gun free police state musing about what barbarians we 'Muricans are. You don't live here, so it isn't your problem, is it?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Thebluecanary wrote: You don't live here, so it isn't your problem, is it?

And you dont live here, but you are entitled to have an opinion......By the way, I am lucky that I haven't been killed, however I am lucky that I did not have these confrontations in The Ole U.S of A, because it seems like luck does not enter into anymore if you can ''stand your ground'' willy nilly and pop a cap into any mutha fucka for any reason you feel you ''Might'' feel vindicated to do so..

''Nobody is advocating that you just shoot someone because you don't like them, so let's not oversimplify things.''

Why make things complicated?

The fact is that it is much easier to do that if the law allows it and it seems as tho the law may be providing a way to do that...But Hey? I dont know nuffin cos I dont live there and its not my problem is it? same with anything that is going on around the world outside of my Gun Free POLICE STATE... :headscratch:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ed-it.html

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 pm » by Thebluecanary

Fatdogmendoza wrote:

And you dont live here, but you are entitled to have an opinion......By the way, I am lucky that I haven't been killed, however I am lucky that I did not have these confrontations in The Ole U.S of A, because it seems like luck does not enter into anymore if you can ''stand your ground'' willy nilly and pop a cap into any mutha fucka for any reason you feel you ''Might'' feel vindicated to do so..

''Nobody is advocating that you just shoot someone because you don't like them, so let's not oversimplify things.''

The fact is that it is much easier to do that if the law allows it and it seems as tho the law may be providing a way to do that...But Hey? I dont know nuffin cos I dont live there and its not my problem is it? same with anything that is going on around the world outside of my Gun Free POLICE STATE... :headscratch:

That is your perception of it, based on a couple of sensationalized news articles. It is not, however, the reality of the law. The reality of the law is also that if I call my neighbor a "poop head" and he calls the police, they'll laugh at him. But if I tell my neighbor "I'm going to come over there and kill you tonight" and he calls the police, they come and take me to jail. If I tell someone "I'm going to kill you" and they shoot me, it would be my own fault for communicating a threat that they took seriously.

In the Zimmerman case, he should have been convicted of manslaughter, since the fight that resulted in him getting his ass kicked to the point that he feared for his life and had to shoot someone was one that he started. He let his mouth write a check that his ass couldn't cash, in other words. He didn't get off because of "stand your ground", though, he got off because the prosecution chose to try to charge him with a crime that they could not in any way prove; first degree murder, for which they would have had to present compelling evidence of premeditation. Had they charged him with manslaughter to begin with, he'd be in jail now instead of running around Florida making a giant ass of himself.

In this case, it seems like the man who was shot had a history of violent behavior. It sounds to me like he was irrational and that he spent large portions of his time terrorizing the residents of his apartment complex. It sounds like most of them were accommodating and called his mommy in to talk him down when he got into "altercations" with people. However, the man who shot him works at the complex; no matter how many times the guy's mommy tells him he better not come back around because Junior will "beat his ass", he can't not go to his job now can he? So he's where he's supposed to be, doing what he's supposed to be doing, when a crazy irrational person appears, behind the wheel of a car, and threatens to run him over, then actually backs up as if he's going to do so…so he was supposed to, what? Wait till the car was mashing him into the wall to react? Call the guy's mommy again so she could ask her crazy fucking son to please not murder the maintenance man? Seems like a great loss to society, this guy. I'm guessing most of the people who lived in the complex breathed a sigh of relief to have him gone. He was an accident waiting to happen to someone, it just happened that he decided to "happen" to someone who took his threats seriously enough to put him down.

Bottom line being, don't tell someone you're going to kill them because they might believe you. It's not hard, and it's not "killing someone because you don't like them."
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Writer

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 11:43 pm » by Azznerak the Black

Good. If you threaten the life of another being then your life is also forfeit. Unless your some liberal, tree hugging religious bigot who thinks that only God has the right to take a life. If that is the case, kindly place my sack in your gullet and gargle until dry.
:owned:

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Azznerak the Black wrote:Good. If you threaten the life of another being then your life is also forfeit. Unless your some liberal, tree hugging religious bigot who thinks that only God has the right to take a life. If that is the case, kindly place my sack in your gullet and gargle until dry.
:owned:

You sound pretty *liberal* on your personal gaydom, Im guessing by sack you mean..

Balls
Bangers
Cojones
Cubes
Eggs
Hangers
Jewels
Nuts
Rocks
Seeds
Stones

:cheers: butNo thanks, Im a little liberal but I dont believe in Gawd, and I dont delve into the Gay scene although I am very impressed by your rectitude in wanting to put your sack into another dudes mouth and have them sucked until dry :clapper:

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 2:57 am » by RATRODROB

Fatdogmendoza wrote:

:flop:

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 am » by Jet17

I agree with R.R.R.

I you can't shoot to incapacitate at a short distance, you have no need to discharge a firearm.

This law doesn't state that verbal threats are a means to standing your ground either - if you actually looked up the law. Sounds more like it's starting to crumble by definition as to what stand your ground means, and gives excuses for people to go around killing, because they are too lazy to fight hand to hand like a man, or shoot to incapacitate.

Castle Doctrine is not the same as stand your ground.

Lazy shooters. Most likely unskilled.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 am » by RATRODROB

[quote="Jet17"]I agree with R.R.R.

I you can't shoot to incapacitate at a short distance, you have no need to discharge a firearm.

This law doesn't state that verbal threats are a means to standing your ground either - if you actually looked up the law. Sounds more like it's starting to crumble by definition as to what stand your ground means, and gives excuses for people to go around killing, because they are too lazy to fight hand to hand like a man, or shoot to incapacitate.

Castle Doctrine is not the same as stand your ground.

Lazy shooters. Most likely unskilled.[/quote

yep JET, I agree, and you know what, peeps could also just walk away from a confrontation at times.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Previous