Star-like objects that move at a deliberate pace then stops

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 am » by Insert User Name

This is my first time to read or be interested in these kinds of thing so I don't know the ropes well. I'll just narrate my observations. I'm from Cebu City, Philippines. On December 7, 2013, at about 6-8pm, I was in our terrace with my young siblings. We were looking at the stars and one of my siblings said that a star was moving. Indeed it was. It moved quite fast and was going upwards from where we were watching. We didn't see where it went because we were inside the house and the roof was in the way. We thought it strange because it was unlike anything we'd ever seen. It had no emissions, smoke trails, or changes in its brightness. It just looked like a star that was moving. On December 14, 2013, at about 6:30-7pm, my siblings and I were looking at the clear sky from our terrace talking about that moving star when suddenly about 10-15 stars were moving from west to east from where we were watching. They moved slower than the one we last saw. They weren't in a specific formation. They were quite scattered. Then suddenly they stopped. They looked just like normal stars again. I kept looking to make sure they remained where they had stopped and they did. I looked specifically at 3 of them that formed a triangle when they stopped. They remained there until about 11pm that night. I don't know what happened coz I went to bed by then. I don't know if they disappeared or started moving again. I googled up star-like moving objects thinking that some new space technology was the explanation to what we saw but I only found several accounts about moving star-like objectc. None were the same as mine and in my country so I decided to sign up and post to get some opinions. Thanks.

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 am » by RATRODROB

Insert User Name wrote:This is my first time to read or be interested in these kinds of thing so I don't know the ropes well. I'll just narrate my observations. I'm from Cebu City, Philippines. On December 7, 2013, at about 6-8pm, I was in our terrace with my young siblings. We were looking at the stars and one of my siblings said that a star was moving. Indeed it was. It moved quite fast and was going upwards from where we were watching. We didn't see where it went because we were inside the house and the roof was in the way. We thought it strange because it was unlike anything we'd ever seen. It had no emissions, smoke trails, or changes in its brightness. It just looked like a star that was moving. On December 14, 2013, at about 6:30-7pm, my siblings and I were looking at the clear sky from our terrace talking about that moving star when suddenly about 10-15 stars were moving from west to east from where we were watching. They moved slower than the one we last saw. They weren't in a specific formation. They were quite scattered. Then suddenly they stopped. They looked just like normal stars again. I kept looking to make sure they remained where they had stopped and they did. I looked specifically at 3 of them that formed a triangle when they stopped. They remained there until about 11pm that night. I don't know what happened coz I went to bed by then. I don't know if they disappeared or started moving again. I googled up star-like moving objects thinking that some new space technology was the explanation to what we saw but I only found several accounts about moving star-like objectc. None were the same as mine and in my country so I decided to sign up and post to get some opinions. Thanks.

Interesting observation, ive seen a lot of weird aerial phenomena, but not what you described.

:hiho: to DTV.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am » by zabidaga

I saw something similar a few years back. A friend and I were outside one night and happened to be looking up in the same direction when what i thought was a star moved a few inches in the sky then disappeared. Neither of us knew what to think but we both definitely saw the same thing. I remember exactly in the sky where it was and look there from time to time but ive never seen the same thing again. im sure there is a real-world explanation for this but ive never investigated it.

Writer

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 12:19 pm » by Gabriel34

Maybe a satellite being replaced.

Initiate

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 3:51 pm » by Electriccity

yeah i've had similar sightings twice. last year and year before. 2 diff locations bout 5 mins from each other. both around midnight both times im the one that notices it first since im always looking up at the sky esp when theres alot of stars.

and at first both times only notice one bright orange looks like a normal star but much closer to earth. would sit still then start moving in an eratic behavior making a jagged circle and stop. and at first think it was eyes playing tricks but you can see stars beside it further out in space sitting perfectly still while it moved then thats when i told the person with me (first time it was a friend/2nd time was with my cuz) to look at it and then they notice it moving and trying to figure out what it could be then start looking all around the sky and notice that they'res more and more of them atleast 10 and they look like normal stars except they brighter and look like they just right above the clouds and they all start moving at the same time.

now the 2nd time when i was with my cuz i had grabbed a bright flash light and when the object would sit still i would start flashing the light off and on toward it and every time it would start going crazy and stop off pattern than the other ones.

they stayed out there a few hours and then disappear just the normal stars in the sky

Initiate

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm » by Spikey

I saw something like you did, it was similar, but not the same as yours, but was very weird.

During the Summer here in the UK, i tend to go outside to my back garden and look at the sky and stars.

I have a 4 inch telescope, binocs and a night vision monocular which i use to scan the skies for anything interesting.

One night using the binos (10 X 50) i saw what i thought was a star at first, but then saw it was moving so presumed it
was a satellite...i followed it's movement for a few seconds, and noticed another point of light coming towards the first 'star' on what looked like an intercept course, their speed was the same as one another and i thought 'ah..two sats going in opposite directions'...it wasn't satellites!

They were heading directly for each other, getting closer and closer..i thought that one of them must surely be higher than the other
or else they are going to crash into each other...then it happened.

They both stopped dead some distance from one another!

They then did something else extraordinary, they instantly and very quickly circled around each other in a wide but perfect arc and
continued onwards on their original course, at the same speed as before.

I thought it was amazing, and later checked up on satellites to see how they move around to change position or direction..
they don't move the way i saw these two 'stars' move, not even close.

Advanced military craft perhaps..but certainly unidentified!

I'll never forget it.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm » by The57ironman

Insert User Name wrote:This is my first time to read or be interested in these kinds of thing so I don't know the ropes well. I'll just narrate my observations. I'm from Cebu City, Philippines. On December 7, 2013, at about 6-8pm, I was in our terrace with my young siblings. We were looking at the stars and one of my siblings said that a star was moving. Indeed it was. It moved quite fast and was going upwards from where we were watching. We didn't see where it went because we were inside the house and the roof was in the way. We thought it strange because it was unlike anything we'd ever seen. It had no emissions, smoke trails, or changes in its brightness. It just looked like a star that was moving. On December 14, 2013, at about 6:30-7pm, my siblings and I were looking at the clear sky from our terrace talking about that moving star when suddenly about 10-15 stars were moving from west to east from where we were watching. They moved slower than the one we last saw. They weren't in a specific formation. They were quite scattered. Then suddenly they stopped. They looked just like normal stars again. I kept looking to make sure they remained where they had stopped and they did. I looked specifically at 3 of them that formed a triangle when they stopped. They remained there until about 11pm that night. I don't know what happened coz I went to bed by then. I don't know if they disappeared or started moving again. I googled up star-like moving objects thinking that some new space technology was the explanation to what we saw but I only found several accounts about moving star-like objectc. None were the same as mine and in my country so I decided to sign up and post to get some opinions. Thanks.

:hiho: ...welcome to the matrix.. :cheers:

:cheers:

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Writer

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 9:30 am » by Notcrazy

Hello, first posting for me.

I live on the West coast of Canada. I've seen quite a bit of night sky movements.

Last year while camping with a friend and his wife late at night, these star like objects were moving. I would use a high power LED flashlight to pin point the ones I saw, works awesome. Now here is the strange part.

I was spotting one when all of a sudden it stop then flash back at me...wtf??? Buddy saw it and so did his wife. I flashed back and once again it flashed back at me and this happen one more time then it was gone.

So what was it?

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 10:55 am » by Slith

Notcrazy wrote:Hello, first posting for me.

I live on the West coast of Canada. I've seen quite a bit of night sky movements.

Last year while camping with a friend and his wife late at night, these star like objects were moving. I would use a high power LED flashlight to pin point the ones I saw, works awesome. Now here is the strange part.

I was spotting one when all of a sudden it stop then flash back at me...wtf??? Buddy saw it and so did his wife. I flashed back and once again it flashed back at me and this happen one more time then it was gone.

So what was it?

:hiho:

You may have to change your name after a couple of months here. :ohno: