Star Trek warp drive is a possibility, say scientists

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:38 pm » by Sonny82

Two physicists have boldly gone where no reputable scientists should go and devised a new scheme to travel faster than the speed of light.
The advance could mean that Star Trek fantasies of interstellar civilisations and voyages powered by warp drive are now no longer the exclusive domain of science fiction writers.
In the long running television series created by Gene Roddenberry, the warp drive was invented by Zefram Cochrane, who began his epic project in 2053 in Bozeman, Montana.
Now Dr Gerald Cleaver, associate professor of physics at Baylor, and Richard Obousy have come up with a new twist on an existing idea to produce a warp drive that they believe can travel faster than the speed of light, without breaking the laws of physics.
In their scheme, in the Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, a starship could “warp” space so that it shrinks ahead of the vessel and expands behind it. for more visit source: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/alternative-news.php

the thought 1 day we could be travelling faster than the speed of light is hard to comprehend givin the laws of physics. but i found this article interesting none the less thought would share it

Conspirator

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm » by Scoundrel1975

Hold on tight

Great post... :flop:

:alien:
"These are Scoundrel Days"

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:48 pm » by Sonny82

scoundrel1975 wrote:Hold on tight

very interesting to think of the possibillitys that this sort of tech would bring. glad you liked the post i came across it and thought would share. :D

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:49 pm » by Palaedianmike

wait,wait,wait, did we just go from warpdrive to dancing with the stars to fancy cars all at once? And people are saying i'm bonkers. WELL thats just agh!!!

thanx for the post it would be nice to see that technology now but meh

funk it BUY THE TICKET :rtft: TAKE THE RIDE

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm » by Sonny82

palaedianmike wrote:thanx for the post it would be nice to see that technology now but meh

funk it BUY THE TICKET :rtft: TAKE THE RIDE

i agree it would be nice to have that tech now but hey thats life suppose :-)

Conspirator

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:54 pm » by Scoundrel1975

sonny82 wrote:
scoundrel1975 wrote:Hold on tight

very interesting to think of the possibillitys that this sort of tech would bring. glad you liked the post i came across it and thought would share. :D

Very interesting indeed, I wonder how they are going to overcome the dangers to the human body during such speeds

Conspirator

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:54 pm » by 99socks

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 5:58 pm » by Sonny82

i dont think the body could cope, i think we probs aint got the material that can withstand such speeds, the craft would just dissintegrate.

Conspirator

PostTue May 17, 2011 6:03 pm » by Scoundrel1975

sonny82 wrote:i dont think the body could cope, i think we probs aint got the material that can withstand such speeds, the craft would just dissintegrate.

Theirs a lot of technology out there that we aint being told about, things that would blow our minds, and then theirs the theory that governments are interacting with inteligent alien races, if so could they be providing us with the know how... :think:

Writer

PostTue May 17, 2011 6:06 pm » by Sonny82

good point you make there scoundrel

Next