Star Wars: Episode VII Latest Rumors

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 pm » by Phoenix rising

Star Wars: Episode VII Latest Rumors – Obi Wan and Emperor to Return?

Arguably the hottest film property on the planet right now is Star Wars: Episode VII. Disney’s $4 billion acquisition of the franchise, means the space saga is about to be rejuvenated for a whole new generation.
But while hungry fans are desperate to feast upon the long awaited Star Wars: Episode VII, reputable sites such as Latino Review, who seem to be privy to the rumblings within all the major studios, are ready to throw meaty scraps onto the rumor mill hot plate.

If you don’t like SPOILERS don’t read this next sentence…

Firstly, LR this week revealed that the evil Emperor aka Senaor Palpatine aka Darth Vader’s boss, would be returning in the upcoming JJ Abrams’ directed sequel. Their sources confirmed that the Emperor, who was of course killed in Return of the Jedi (1983), would be appearing as a ghostly apparition, just like Alec Guinness in the original trilogy.

Did someone just mention Alec Guinness? Yes, apparently Ewan McGregor has been nudging and winking at Lucasfilm producer Kathleen Kennedy to give his Obi Wan Kenobi character, (of course originally played by Sir Alec) a stand alone Star Wars movie.

And, it seems that the studio have met Scotsman McGregor half way. LR have reported that Jedi sage Kenobi will feature in Episode VII again as a ghoulish guide.

Now, considering McGregor was an integral part of the diabolic prequel trilogy; effectively giving him a test run in the new film, does seem like a safer bet than green-lightning an expensive standalone movie.
Star Wars: Episode VII, which will be directed by JJ Abrams (Star Trek) and written by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3), will be released in summer 2015.

http://news.doddleme.com/news-room/star ... e-emperor/
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 am » by Constabul

Lens Flare We NEED MOR LENS FLARE
(Insert Lightsaber Lens Flare)

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 am » by Temps13

Its in good hands then! I love Abrams,..for doing Trek right..

Chewies (son from the ABC xmas special) is to play the lead,I heard..

Good directors-Abrams,Whedon,Jackson,Del Toro,Blomkamp..

Bad directors-Singer,Nolan,that new spiderman director

I wonder if Tarantino will ever do a superhero flick..He said he grew up reading comics..
Black Panther would be cool..with a proper indigo costume..then have him join the Avengers..like in the original source material..
I'd also love to see yellowjacket & or Captain Marvell in an Avengers flick but..I dont hold out too much hope for any of that..not without compromising on the costumes..

My ultimate JLA line up-Supes,Bats,GL,Flash,Atom,Aquaman (plus chicks)
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 2:07 pm » by Phoenix rising

Temps13 wrote:Its in good hands then! I love Abrams,..for doing Trek right..

Chewies (son from the ABC xmas special) is to play the lead,I heard..

Good directors-Abrams,Whedon,Jackson,Del Toro,Blomkamp..

Bad directors-Singer,Nolan,that new spiderman director

I wonder if Tarantino will ever do a superhero flick..He said he grew up reading comics..
Black Panther would be cool..with a proper indigo costume..then have him join the Avengers..like in the original source material..
I'd also love to see yellowjacket & or Captain Marvell in an Avengers flick but..I dont hold out too much hope for any of that..not without compromising on the costumes..

My ultimate JLA line up-Supes,Bats,GL,Flash,Atom,Aquaman (plus chicks)

He defo did a great job on star trek, i'm defo more a fan of trek than starwars, i though the new man of steel was really good and i'd defo like so see another Hulk film, i've not seen the new spiderman, i've not picked up any good vibes on it to be honest
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 pm » by Temps13

Yeah they ruined the lizard in the first of this new wave of spidey films..I thought.
Now they ruined Electro..
Surely they can just do little cameos for some superheroes or villains that are just cgi-ed..like they dont necessarily need to hire an actor.
Yeah that last Trek film kicked ass..I was waiting for Spock to kick ass at the end & he did..& I like that they got the classic costumes (& primary colours) back..that bit with the military starship was cool.
SO much better on imax than movie25 heh
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 pm » by Temps13

Yeah they ruined the lizard in the first of this new wave of spidey films..I thought.
Now they ruined Electro..
Surely they can just do little cameos for some superheroes or villains that are just cgi-ed..like they dont necessarily need to hire an actor.
Yeah that last Trek film kicked ass..I was waiting for Spock to kick ass at the end & he did..& I like that they got the classic costumes (& primary colours) back..that bit with the military starship was cool.
SO much better on imax than movie25 heh
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 5:53 am » by Malogg

Wonder if mickey mouse gets a lightsaber

HAHA Image

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 am » by Cia212

I thought doing the Emperor clone idea from Dark Empire would be cool. You'd have to recast Leia though, I just don't see Fisher being able to pull herself together.

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 pm » by -Marduk-

That's sum really good news, the new Star Wars will be shot on 35mm film means less digital & cgi and more practical efx and more models... :owned:

Star Wars Episode 7 to be Shot on Film by Dan Mindel

Announced today at a film industry event * in Los Angeles, we're exclusively and first to report that cinematographer Dan Mindel ASC, BSC is shooting Star Wars Episode 7 with J.J. Abrams — on 35mm film. Specifically, Kodak film stock 5219.
At today's event in the ASC Club House, the cinematographer discussed his first work with J.J. Abrams on "Mission: Impossibe 3."

During a viewing of the dailies (a standard review of what was shot the day before, whether or not on 35mm film), a mistake lens flare caught the eye of the director. Dan showed him how they are created, which led to lens flares galore in "Super 8" and the recent "Star Trek" films, the latter of which Mindel lensed.

Thanks to the Kodak rep, Lorette Bayle, for asking the question during the Q&A, which Dan confirmed himself after a couple coy replies.* Updated 8/22/2013 5:55pm PST: The event was "ASC Breakfast with Dan Mindel" where American Cinematographer Associate Editor, Jon Witmer, reviewed his work in Q&A, which included "Domino," "Shanghai Noon" and "Star Trek." Then the event had a public Q&A.

Source: http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/news/fil ... ?from=home
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-