Starving Syrian Rebel Eat Lion from Damascus Zoo

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 am » by Harbin

Syrian rebels so desperate for food they kill and butcher LION from Damascus zoo

A graphic picture has emerged which appears to show Syrian rebels so desperate for food they have killed and butchered a lion.

Parts of Damascus have been under siege by the Syrian army for more than six months, causing food to become scarce as winter draws near.

The picture, which has not been independently verified, appears to show a visibly emaciated lion.

It is though to have been captured from Al-Qarya al-Shama Zoo, in east Ghouta.

Last month, clerics issued a fatwa, or religious order which allowed staving Syrians to eat cats and dogs if food supplies became desperate.

The picture is being circulated by many as an example of how desperate the starving rebels have become - but some believe the rebels are skinning the animal to use its coat for warmth, rather than to eat its meat.

Ghouta was the target of the chemical attack on August 21st which sparked debate around the world over the Assad regime's use of chemical weapons.

Last month, weapons inspectors confirmed Syria's chemical weapon production facilities had been destroyed.

The regime's stockpile of weapons has been removed from Syria and taken to a US Navy ship, where they are in the process of being neutralised.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... z2mYeSO5Ck
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 pm » by Slith

Jeebus. That is deperation. :shock:

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Writer

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 2:27 pm » by WegwijsPiet

Im an animal friend.

Well i would beat the hell out of these 3 monkeys, the lion is in a cage , he has no way to fight back, has no way to escape.... its just a lame action what these 3 brave monkeys did !

Its different in the Lion lives in the wild life , and they managed to capture him.
Maybe they should start eating their shoos instead of throwing them.
eventus stultorum magister est

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

WegwijsPiet wrote:Im an animal friend.

Well i would beat the hell out of these 3 monkeys, the lion is in a cage , he has no way to fight back, has no way to escape.... its just a lame action what these 3 brave monkeys did !

Its different in the Lion lives in the wild life , and they managed to capture him.
Maybe they should start eating their shoos instead of throwing them.

and those cows

and those chickens..

Pigs??

sheep?

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm » by Slith

All of the above are bred specifically to nourish us. Lions are not

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Slith wrote:All of the above are bred specifically to nourish us. Lions are not

The point is that they are also caged like the lion...Im sure as a chef you could run something nourishing up..

Anyway until we are starving who are we to judge, Im sure that if the lion was starving it would eat a man, 'Instinct.....' survival is an instinct that man pursues to fulfil. Eating a lion when starved seems to be a natural instinct in my opinion...See the Great Russian famine of 1921 as an example...

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 pm » by 99socks

:clapper:
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm » by Slith

Fatdogmendoza wrote:

The point is that they are also caged like the lion...Im sure as a chef you could run something nourishing up..

Anyway until we are starving who are we to judge, Im sure that if the lion was starving it would eat a man, 'Instinct.....' survival is an instinct that man pursues to fulfil. Eating a lion when starved seems to be a natural instinct in my opinion...See the Great Russian famine of 1921 as an example...

Oh, I absolutely agree mon ami. As a chef I don't think lion would be on the menu though. I think it's just so sad it has got to this point

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 pm » by 99socks

Slith wrote:
Oh, I absolutely agree mon ami. As a chef I don't think lion would be on the menu though. I think it's just so sad, it has got to this point

So shoot me... I have no sympathy at all. If that was a family with no place to go, then yes. But insurgent rebels who are there BY CHOICE? :yell:
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Is it Halal or Haram?.

Edit: The only instance when a Muslim is permitted to consume Haram provisions is if he or she is on the verge of starvation and the only food available to him or her is food which is ordinarily Haram. Allah states in Holy Qur’an (Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:17

They dont look as though they are on the verge of starvation. :think:

Next