Stephen Colbert on Capitol Hill

Master Conspirator

PostThu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm » by Boondox681

IN CHARACTER!

Comedy Central host Stephen Colbert takes his political satire to Capitol Hill Friday where he'll testify as an expert witness during a U.S. House committee hearing on illegal immigrant farm workers.

Colbert recently spent a day as a vegetable picker on a farm in upstate New York, participating in the United Farm Workers' Take Our Jobs campaign. The program has offered citizens and legal residents jobs as field laborers working alongside thousands of other farm workers, most of whom are undocumented.

The challenge, meant to counter the idea that illegal immigrants are taking jobs Americans would do, is being featured this week on Colbert's show "The Colbert Report."

"[I'm] excited, very excited about it," Colbert said on "Good Morning America" about his trip to the Hill. "The main reason I'm testifying before Congress is to get that CSPAN 1 bump for my ratings. I hope it's CSPAN 1. If it's CSPAN 2, I've been lied to."

Republicans on the committee, however, say they don't find Colbert's appearance a laughing matter.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/stephen- ... d=11708891

SO THIS IS WHAT ROCK BOTTOM IS LIKE?
FUCKING EMBARRASSING.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"