Still Concerned...

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 4:56 pm » by Hesop

Well, we're almost halfway through the summer, and, although we see a lot on the news, I'm not seeing a whole lot that would contribute to the "Summer of Hell" theory.
Now keep in mind, I live in a somewhat isolated part of the country, so much is more difficult to see. But in regards to the economic disaster, I would imagine much more to have happened by now, than what has been reported. Workers laid off months ago, should have their unemployment benefits running out. There are way too many trickle down effects we just haven't seen yet, that happened pretty quickly back in 80-81. In the little town near me, you would tell no difference between now, and 2 years ago. Is everything going to break out at once? What is the more informed word from California?

Super Moderator

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 5:36 pm » by TheDuck

In retrospect it is the summer of hell for joblosses and, we've still got the dreaded FEMA tests to look forward to at the end of this month. :ohno: ;)
Last edited by TheDuck on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 pm » by -Marduk-

Upload to Disclose.tv

When "China’s Wandering Millions" (200000000 migrant workers in China) will loosing their the jobs cause of the Boersenkrach (Economic Crisis) all hell break loose, I guarantee ya....and don´t forget dat "Riot of the Uyghurs" in China nearly unkown to the western press...

Upload to Disclose.tv

In July 2009, a series of violent clashes erupted between Uyghurs, Chinese state police, and Han Chinese residents in the city of Ürümqi resulting in more than 156 deaths and scores injured.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uigur#Republican_era

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/12 ... ics12?pg=1

http://philsbackupsite.wordpress.com/20 ... -millions/

China's migrants look for work:
http://www.china.org.cn/china/life/2009 ... 368358.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2009_ ... Cmqi_riots
Last edited by -Marduk- on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Super Moderator

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 pm » by -Marduk-

Turkey attacks China 'Genocide'
Turkey's prime minister has described ethnic violence in China's Xinjiang region as "a kind of genocide".
"There is no other way of commenting on this event," Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8145451.stm
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 pm » by Hesop

Some real good insight here. Much appreciated.

We just had a power outage here. A very unsual one for this area. Covered quite a bit of ground, not normally affected like when storms roll through. Made me instantly think of the grid. The possibility of it going down, on a much larger scale. Which, of course, is a very realistic possibility.
How much more is going on in the U.S. that is not readily visable, for people in areas like mine? Especially in comparison to 80-81, which was supposed to be nowhere near as severe as the current status?

Initiate

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm » by Mugenroshi8

Let's see...my pc has more virus' than a NYC prostitute, my car is in it's death throes, my phone got fried in the heat (my means of communicating with my current clients), need a new home in 3 weeks - hard to home shop with no phone; can't get a building for my little business until I have a home...taxes have risen so high can't hardly get a pack of smokes anymore. Gas prices on the rise again (not too concerned, given the state of my car at the moment); women are still has picky as ever, despite increasing unemployment worldwide, and my puppy needs food and my paycheck comes later this month.

Just thought I'd help

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 pm » by brillbilly

mayby the summer of hell was a missprint and it should have said summer of fear,as thats what i see going on around the globe.The fear of swineflu/jobloss/iraq/iran/afgan/nk/globel warming.dam i could just keep adding more things that the everyday people see 24/7 as something to fear.lol just my opinion :cheers:

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 9:01 pm » by Hesop

mugenroshi8 wrote:Let's see...my pc has more virus' than a NYC prostitute, my car is in it's death throes, my phone got fried in the heat (my means of communicating with my current clients), need a new home in 3 weeks - hard to home shop with no phone; can't get a building for my little business until I have a home...taxes have risen so high can't hardly get a pack of smokes anymore. Gas prices on the rise again (not too concerned, given the state of my car at the moment); women are still has picky as ever, despite increasing unemployment worldwide, and my puppy needs food and my paycheck comes later this month.

Just thought I'd help

Mugen, Damn good to hear from you again, but extremely sorry to hear about you plight. I have been in that position more than a few times. In 80-81 I had 3 little ones to look after as well. The only reason we were able to pay rent, and eat at the same time, was due to my risking arrest, and poaching game (which was plentiful in the area). Things will get better for you. You got it in ya. If I can help in any way, let me know.

@Brillbilly,

Yes, it's Growing, isn't it?

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 pm » by Drextin

I remember 80-81 being especially hard. We were coming off the horrible economic woes of the 70s and here where I live we were still rebuilding from hurricane fredrick which hit in 79. I also remember how thing started getting better dramatically year by year.

I nicknamed my family "the gettingbyers" because their ambitions only went as far as paying bills. Any thing beyond that they are not comfortable with. But as the 80s went on and through out most of the 90s they started accepting they had disposable income and learned to splurge a little. The new millennium has put them back in their comfort zone even though I am blessed to be a position to help all of them............they still prefer to think poor and act poor. Its just who they are.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking