Stone Age tunnels that weaves from Scotland to Turkey

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 26, 2012 7:14 pm » by Newearthman

Massive European network of Stone Age tunnels that weaves from Scotland to Turkey
2012 02 23

Evidence of tunnels has been found under hundreds of Neolithic settlements.

That so many tunnels have survived after 12,000 years shows that the original network must have been enormous.

Stone Age man created a massive network of underground tunnels criss-crossing Europe from Scotland to Turkey, a new book on the ancient superhighways has claimed.

German archaeologist Dr Heinrich Kusch said evidence of the tunnels has been found under hundreds of Neolithic settlements all over the continent.

In his book - Secrets Of The Underground Door To An Ancient World - he claims the fact that so many have survived after 12,000 years shows that the original tunnel network must have been enormous.

’In Bavaria in Germany alone we have found 700metres of these underground tunnel networks. In Styria in Austria we have found 350metres,’ he said.

’Across Europe there were thousands of them - from the north in Scotland down to the Mediterranean.

’Most are not much larger than big wormholes - just 70cm wide - just wide enough for a person to wriggle along but nothing else.

’They are interspersed with nooks, at some places it’s larger and there is seating, or storage chambers and rooms.

’They do not all link up but taken together it is a massive underground network.’

Some experts believe the network was a way of protecting man from predators while others believe that some of the linked tunnels were used like motorways are today, for people to travel safely regardless of wars or violence or even weather above ground.

The book notes that chapels were often built by the entrances perhaps because the Church were afraid of the heathen legacy the tunnels might have represented, and wanted to negate their influence.

In some cases writings have been discovered referring to the tunnels seen as a gateway to the underworld.
Source: dailymail.co.uk

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 7:05 am » by Thebluecanary

I'm bumping this, because I just read about it today. (And because I was smart and searched the forums this time instead of just making a new post about it.)

There is some interesting stuff here, too:http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/extensive-ancient-underground-network-discovered-scotland-turkey-00540

It was big news when it happened, and then like so much other stuff, just seems to have faded away (barring lots of wild theories on forums like this one). Anyone have any thoughts? The tunnel systems do not seem to be interconnected as such…just common to lots of different areas. Think our Stone Age ancestors were hiding from cannibals?

I think it seems to imply an organized, widespread shared spiritual practice. (Which would be totally impossible, as we all know people back then didn't interact with one another at all over such a large area. :hmmm: )
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 am » by Constabul

Musta missed it the first time round, thanks nem and blue for the info.

Some of the most secure shelter is had in stone building or caves. I imagine protection from predators, and the elements are more on target, to later be used for various purposes.
Would like to see what evidence they discovered to pinpoint stone age era. Didn't really notice anything on the article mentioning bone fragments, decayed anything, or the like that they could use to date with.

All the same vary cool.
:cheers:

Initiate

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 am » by TorJohnson

Oh fuck you stone age man built tunnels from fucking Scotland to fucking Turkey. Next they'll find a Death Star under the ocean and say hunter gatherers did it.

It's like Bizarro Giorgio Tsoukalos.
The Lost Book of Enki as narrated and commentated by Josh Reeves:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-lost-book-of-enki-annunaki-and-the-origins-of-man-t94767.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:29 pm » by Thebluecanary

TorJohnson wrote:Oh fuck you stone age man built tunnels from fucking Scotland to fucking Turkey. Next they'll find a Death Star under the ocean and say hunter gatherers did it.

It's like Bizarro Giorgio Tsoukalos.

See, I'm not sure if the tunnels are completely interconnected between Scotland and Turkey…or if the practice was just widespread throughout all those areas. Some of the earlier articles I was able to find intimated that in at least some cases, the tunnels represented a long interconnected passage that was at least able to be used to travel between multiple neolithic ceremonial sites. Possibly all the way to Turkey. They also talk about petroglyphs with underworld and death and rebirth imagery, which implies that at least some of the tunnels were used in some kind of religious ceremony. Constabul, I'm guessing the petroglyphs were one way that they dated the tunnels, the age of the sites they were connected to being another, probably also lithics…though it seems like there would have been something inside able to be carbon dated, none of the articles mention it. The claim is the tunnels are contemporary with Gobekli Tepe.

Later articles, though, don't mention that the tunnels go very far, and seem to imply that they were small scale defensive works used by small groups to hide from predators and adverse weather. So we go from "eh, we can't explain it, so it must have religious significance" to "meh, move along, nothing to see here period." Which still does not explain how stone age man used his stone age excavating equipment to create tunnels under anything...
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:40 pm » by DarkHeart

The tunnels are found from Scotland to Turkey, they don't link, thats just typical journalists twisting shit to make a big story.

I think they are to do with the "Electric Universe" & "Spaceweather" (or possibly meteors) in that there were periods when it was not safe to be on the surface for whatever reason, radiation, massive electrical surges & so forth, I think most of the megalithic structures like wise were shelters, of which most are in Korea, although they are found also throughout Europe & parts of the US too.
Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:29 pm » by Toxic32

A few hundred meters of tunnels here and there don't equate to 2000 + miles of tunnelling (as the crow flies) from Scotland to Turkey. Tunnels are the best places to keep food and your pet haggis at a constant temperature. Have you ever been to Scotland? Wet, misty, cold most of the time. (women are great if you want a fight)
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 12, 2014 1:33 am » by RATRODROB

Toxic32 wrote:A few hundred meters of tunnels here and there don't equate to 2000 + miles of tunnelling (as the crow flies) from Scotland to Turkey. Tunnels are the best places to keep food and your pet haggis at a constant temperature. Have you ever been to Scotland? Wet, misty, cold most of the time. (women are great if you want a fight)

I would have to agree with you TOX, food storage would have to be considered as to why these tunnels were created.
Over enthusiastic reporting by the MSM, IMO, has also given too much hype to the whole enigma of these tunnels, were there religious and other cultural aspects involved in the construction of these tunnels, probably, but I suspect that building these tunnels is simply what they did, they didn't build up but instead went under ground.
Why would they go under........? Maybe the climate had something to do with it, its much cooler under ground and more stable (in temp) and is a great way of storing and protecting food and grain supplies.
many people live under ground here in Australia (Coober pedy) to deal with the heat, temps reach high 40s.

just google Coober pedy, its largely an under ground city, churches and all.

As for the tunnels in question, I think that just like in Coober pedy, once you start goin under ground to escape the heat, predators, radiation or what ever, its only natural that other uses are sort out and the tunnels become not just a place for food storage and for protection but they "the builders" end up doin most other things under ground as well, religious ceremonies, community meetings, sleeping, everything.

I think these tunnels are hugely interesting but not at all impossible to have been constructed back then, and for the media of the time to suggest they could have been ancient superhighways is ridiculous.
yeah people probably did move from A to B using some of the connecting tunnels but "super highways" hardly.
I wonder why that presently there have been no art work or writing discovered on the walls, the original story says there were writings discovered that appeared to talk about the tunnels, but I don't think the writings were discovered in the tunnels.

thanx for bumping this story, I hope more comes to light now that his has been put back on our front page.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog