Stonehenge and the Monolith Was Arthur C. Clarke Right?

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 am » by Clawspiracy

I have often thought of the crop circle phenomenon as metaphorically very similar to the function of the monolith in Arthur Clarke's 2001 since one of their functions seems to be to accelerate or stimulate the evolution of human consciousness.

I was right there with you. If it ignites the imagination, keys are turned. Something in our DNA is unlocked... New ideas begin to form.
It's a Clawspiracy...

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 am » by Darrylmckay

"Aurthur C Clark was not only an awesome Si Fi writer but a prophet as well".

Dangerous thinking boys and girls, I think L Ron Hubard has the market cornered on that front.
Sorry I am on a scientology kick at the moment, or is that a kick scientology moment.

I do understand what you mean though, Clarkes writing often fortold of technonolgy from the future.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 12:04 pm » by Ogmios

You lot should come up to Scotland. The place is covered in standing stones and stone circles. I found this print of the Callanish stones. Legend has it that they were once giants dancing round a fire and were turned to stone.

Sorry that won't work. here's the link.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 6&ct=image

Sorry about this but it should work
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 pm » by Drextin

Yep its all restoration work. I posted all the work that had been done on it a month or so back. Its been going on since the 20s. Almost nothing you see is as it was originally........only an artists rendition of what it might have been like. That was disappointing to say the least.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm » by Blacky

Here you go ogmios :flop:
I have a map of all the stone circles in Britain and theres Hundreds of them all over the British Isle!
Cant scan it on here cuz me scanners broke sorry!
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 1:37 pm » by Darrylmckay

blacky wrote:Image
Here you go ogimos :flop:
I have a map of all the stone circles in Britain and theres Hundreds of them all over the British Isle!

what is it with you bloody english and your circles, at least in ancient times they made them to last, nowdays they are to lazy to lift stones to so they just make them out of crops.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 1:57 pm » by Drextin

darrylmckay wrote:

what is it with you bloody english and your circles, at least in ancient times they made them to last, nowdays they are to lazy to lift stones to so they just make them out of crops.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

fucking classic!

seriously though that is a beautiful picture blacky. I downloaded it to my comp.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm » by lightsinthesky

:bullshit:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm » by Darrylmckay

lightsinthesky wrote::bullshit:

You seem to have a real affection for the :bullshit: icon lightinthesky, certainly saves on the typing dont it, not sure it gets your message across very well though.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 5:22 pm » by Blacky

darrylmckay wrote:

Your right!!! they dont make them like they used to!!! Things arent made to last lol!

PreviousNext