Stonehenge and the Monolith Was Arthur C. Clarke Right?

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 pm » by Blacky

Nice topic but i have been to stonehenge an this is merely a restoration techneque that they did years ago on the stones when they started to crumble!
Aparently they had to poor concrete into some of the stones which is why it appears to be smooth!
The reason it is dark black in the pic is because it has obviosly been raining (as normal)
You can actually go there an ask about the process and how they did it!
thats what we did anyhow because we picked up on it straight away!
Sorry to burst anyones bubble!
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:06 pm » by Blacky

blacky wrote:Nice topic but i have been to stonehenge an this is merely a restoration techneque that they did years ago on the stones when they started to crumble!
Aparently they had to poor concrete into some of the stones which is why it appears to be smooth!
The reason it is dark black in the pic is because it has obviosly been raining (as normal)
You can actually go there an ask about the process and how they did it!
thats what we did anyhow because we picked up on it straight away!
Sorry to burst anyones bubble!

Dont get me wrong stonehenge is a wonderful beautiful mysterious and fantastic place!
Another not to far from stonehenge is Avebury! some of the stones in that are bigger than the ones in stonehenge and its 3 big circles!

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:19 pm » by brillbilly

when i went to stonehenge i was told the the darker stone or monolith is just concrete and plaster to reinforce it,i dont know as was not aloud to get close but avebury you can kiss the stones i have been and will show pic of the stones not the kissing lol :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 pm » by Blacky

Yeah we want to see the kissing to brillbilly!!!! :lol:

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 pm » by brillbilly

concrete wrote:
brillbilly wrote:when i went to stonehenge i was told the the darker stone or monolith is just concrete and plaster to reinforce it,i dont know as was not aloud to get close but avebury you can kiss the stones i have been and will show pic of the stones not the kissing lol :cheers:

Wasn't me! I don't even know a Plaster! ;)

sorry i did try to tell her that but she kept saying that concrete was involved,lol :cheers: :peep:

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 pm » by brillbilly

this is avebury but not my pics,my pics are to follow Image :peep:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 pm » by Blacky

brillbilly wrote:this is avebury but not my pics,my pics are to follow Image :peep:

good pics!! :flop:
You got a pic of the largest stone???

brillbilly

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 8:07 pm » by brillbilly

getting bigger lol got to go out get from my old pc more,heres 1 of mine Image :peep: :dancing: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 pm » by Blacky

:flop:
theres one stone thats bigger than all the rest! Ive got a pic of it but cant put it on the computer at the moment! :(

Initiate

PostWed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 am » by Cognoscenti

I visited Stonehenge two years ago and I don't remember seeing one of the stones with what appeared to be a rectangular slab in it. I think that would have caught my attention. I will be going there again in about two weeks and I will search carefully.
I have often thought of the crop circle phenomenon as metaphorically very similar to the function of the monolith in Arthur Clarke's 2001 since one of their functions seems to be to accelerate or stimulate the evolution of human consciousness.

Next