Ukraine Updates

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am » by *WillEase*

PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 am » by Boondox681

Venezuela doesn't have fluoride in it's water system either....
things that make you go,hmmmm
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:36 am » by croppedlock

Boondox681 wrote:
That's no way to live. :cry:

that's no way for YOU to live.
i think some sandal wearing,long-haired hippy once mentioned something about judging others?
maybe...or it was hitler.
i can't remember

:oops: Sorry for my bad attempt at making a joke. Was just poking fun. Hence the meme......

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:38 am » by croppedlock

*WillEase* wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

This is getting crazy.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 am » by Rich316

It's not that some people dont want to care, its just so overwhelming, there is so much stuff going on, it's virtually impossible to care and then totally impossible to make a difference to what's happening half way round the world.

By watching this, nothing at all changes apart from you becoming effected by it.. usually in a negative way.. and all for what? You didn't fix it, you didn't effect any outcome, you just gave yourself more stress. I don't watch our local news, it's all negative, it's all depressing stuff so I just avoid it.

What we really care about is closer to home, that's a given. In 5 mins I'm totally forget about what's happening in... wherever it was...

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 am » by Rich316

Fireworks as weapons?

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 am » by Boondox681

Sorry for my bad attempt at making a joke. Was just poking fun

ok..my turn..Sorry for my bad attempt at making a joke. Was just poking fun
now we're even
don't sweat that small shit,cropped...nice to meet you. :cheers:
sometimes we play a little rough around here...so get your kneepads out :alien51:

i'm boon.

glad to see you here...stick around and have some fun :flop:

here's a little cheat sheet for you and any other of our new friends

"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Initiate

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 am » by Domeika

*WillEase* wrote:In case you are wondering what they are protesting...

The protesters are upset with President Viktor Yanukovich, and specifically his decision to reject a free-trade deal with the EU. The decision was seen not only as a rejection of Europe, but an embrace of Russia. Many Ukrainians worry that Yanukovich, despite repeated denials, has struck a deal with Vladimir Putin to form a customs union with Russia.

I think the media kind of glosses over the interdependance of Russia and the Ukraine and when any protest like this happens, no matter what country or reason, they are with the protestors and "down for the struggle".

With that in mind, the reasoning for THESE protests seems a bit fishy when looking at the details. If the Ukraine was to join the EU, it is bad business for Russia and from the looks of it, it is also bad for the Ukraine when one looks at the haggling over the "Association Agreement" signing wherein one sticking point is the terms of an IMF loan to the Ukraine. President Yanukovich pressed for better terms before signing the AA and the President of the EU (Barosso) flatly rejected it. Another is, as I said, that it is bad economically for Russia, and I don't think anyone can fault them for fighting it if truly looking at it from the perspective of Russia's best economic interests. As for Russian security interests, the lease of their base in Sevastopol expires in 2017 (wiki says 2042) and having the Ukraine in the pocket of the EU does not bode well for that given attempts in 2008 (?) to impose movement restrictions on Russia's black sea fleet.

So if we play devil's advocate, what does the Ukraine gain by joining the EU and NATO as oppsed to what they would lose? It sounds like joining the EU will bring IMF indebtedness, EU taxes, EU LAWS (very big deal) and a future like Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc of shared pain of an impending default. Adittionally, by alienating Russia they will see energy prices soar 40% and lose trading status in the Russian, Belaurus, and Khazakstan marketplace.

What Ukranian would want that? If I'm partially right then of course I am also partially wrong, so I'd like to hear from some others "in the know" to hear what positive benefits joining the EU would bring.

My "gut" feeling though?

I really have no vested interest either way, but the events unfolding there have all the hallmarks of an "economic hit"....Topple existing government, get new gov to sign ridiculous loans that their people can never pay off and therefore subjugate their populace in perpetuity.....in other words, enslave them. Again, just my gut feeling but it has played out that way in many places now abjectly and irreverisbly poor. In short I don't trust ANYTHING that the IMF is even remotely involved in.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:57 am » by Domeika

croppedlock wrote:
Boondox681 wrote:
That's no way to live. :cry:

that's no way for YOU to live.
i think some sandal wearing,long-haired hippy once mentioned something about judging others?
maybe...or it was hitler.
i can't remember

:oops: Sorry for my bad attempt at making a joke. Was just poking fun. Hence the meme......

Ya gotta laugh once in a while like a lunatic in order not to become one.

:cheers:

&

:hiho:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 am » by *WillEase*

Kiev Is Burning: More Than A Dozen Dead In New Protests.
Published on Feb 18, 2014

Protestors and anti-riot police clashed Tuesday after Ukraine's Parliament delayed a session to consider a reform that aligns with opposition demands.

Upload to Disclose.tv

PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

PreviousNext