Strange Humming Sound

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 12:37 am » by ZetaRediculous

Have you got a de-esser, that might be enough to filter out some of the white noise, then normalize the resulting audio, it might give a clearer reading.

The original sourced audio would be better for this altough I don't know if AMR compresses like MP3. The best solution would be an omnidirectional mic paired to a device that records straight to WAV, recorded at source.

Going to have to remain an unknown....
Thanks for trying Chaindrive...
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 am » by CnReDaGaIn

Cia212 wrote:I have family in Bowling Green, they report nothing. But your recording sounds like a normal diesel engine.

The recording i s 18 sec. of what was humming all evening. Besides that, I have lived near interstates before and it was deff not traffic or a diesel truck but I see your comparison to the two.

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 am » by CnReDaGaIn

I am going to invest in some recording equipment and a couple programs to get a better analysis of this sound....if it occurs again. I had been hearing about reports elsewhere about strange sounds coming from sky or ground but only thought of it as a hoax, now i'm not quite sure.The recording did'nt do the sound much justice but it was coming from outside and i heard it more inside kinda like being in a box when a vibration occurs and you hear it more in the box because of the acoustics. I have also noticed subtle Shaking for the past couple months, not nothing big just small tremors that last a couple seconds. I been living here for 7 years and never heard that sound til today. Thankx to all for your input, and evaluation. :wink:

Initiate

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 4:46 pm » by Scouser012

I used to hear the weird humming noises before it was cool! :D

About 2 years ago, used to hear it everynight between midnight and early morning, used to sound like there was a high powered fan above me or something.

Previous