Strange Humming Sound

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 pm » by CnReDaGaIn

Low humming sound coming from the sky or ground in Bowling Green, KY. Anybody else out there hearing this strange noise?My neighbors all hear it and the noise is almost nauseating.Will try to get audio recording ASAP.

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm » by ZetaRediculous

:hiho:

A recording would be cool, there are quite a few threads on strange sky noises on the forums...

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/what-the-hell-is-that-humming-sound-t57573.html

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/humming-noise-t786.html

if you look at the bottom of a thread there are related threads you can visit to get an idea.....
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 10:56 pm » by CnReDaGaIn

http://www.disclose.tv/action/music/119 ... ing_sound/

I just uploaded the audio, also its WAV. format if you want to analyze it further. This low humming sound has been of and on all day (10 to 15 min. on then off about 20 to 30 min.)

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm » by Flecktarn

:hiho: has a similar sound to a industrial large water pump like those used in hydro power stations ,,be interested if someone in the area has a frequency counter to find the sound wavelength :flop:
ImageImage

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 pm » by ZetaRediculous

if CnReDaGaIn could send me the original MP3, I could rum it through a spectrum analyser and give you the frequencies contained within. Not sure if I could put it in a vid (I'm totally crap at doing that and always have issues recording my screen), but I could certainly post images of the results..
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:24 pm » by CnReDaGaIn

ZetaRediculous wrote:if CnReDaGaIn could send me the original MP3, I could rum it through a spectrum analyser and give you the frequencies contained within. Not sure if I could put it in a vid (I'm totally crap at doing that and always have issues recording my screen), but I could certainly post images of the results..

The original is in amr. format.I recorded the track with an lg phoenix, if you still want the file I cxould email it

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm » by ZetaRediculous

CnReDaGaIn wrote:
The original is in amr. format.I recorded the track with an lg phoenix, if you still want the file I cxould email it

I can't seem to PM you at all, I keep getting an error when I go to your profile, I wont publish my email address on an open forum...

I'll see if I can download the audio you uploaded...
― Terry Pratchett

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 pm » by Cia212

I have family in Bowling Green, they report nothing. But your recording sounds like a normal diesel engine.

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 pm » by misteryogi

Creepy, just like all the other humming videos found online. Do you think it's possible that this is the sound of earths magnetic field or related to it somehow?

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 pm » by Cia212

misteryogi wrote:Creepy, just like all the other humming videos found online. Do you think it's possible that this is the sound of earths magnetic field or related to it somehow?

The previous humming videos were fakes. Search through the archive and you'll find them.

Next