Let me take the waves out of the ocean
Let me take the stars down from the sky
Let me take the faith from your foundation
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:49 pm » by Rydher

spock wrote:Think about it like this, when telling people to leave N.Y.

Cat 1 = 75 - 94 mph sustained winds.

Irene - 700 mile diameter of these sustained winds.

N.Y. is a high concentration of people in above ground high rise buildings with LOTS AND LOTS of glass.

N.Y. is made up of a massive grid of buildings that will act as an air tunnel and actually make the 75 - 94 mph winds much faster.

It would take a moron or a fool to risk being in a area where glass and office debris will be viciously hurled as in a blender.

It's dangerous anywhere, but even more so in N.Y. city.

I see your point but I know NY has gotten some nasty Nor'easter's. Other than the amount of precipitation this doesn't seem to be anymore of a risk to NY City than a Nor'easter. Especially when you compare wind damage.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm » by Richc

The diameter of Irene 19 hours ago was 510 miles... Shrinking all the time.

Must be smaller than that now...

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 4:03 pm » by Malogg

lol im sure I just seen a UFO on the livestream link I posted bahahaha
Full video~ Brian Harvey - Invisible

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 4:34 pm » by The57ironman

wtf izis..... :lol:

:roll: funny that the space station is putting it out that it's a "scary" big storm :badair:
...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 4:49 pm » by Taintedsample

http://news.yahoo.com/mayor-those-leave ... 44193.html

Mayor Michael Bloomberg urged those who needed to leave to do so right away Saturday morning. The city doesn't have enough resources to evacuate everyone after the weather worsens, he said about 2 ½ hours before the transit system was to shut down.

"Staying behind is dangerous, staying behind is foolish, and it's against the law, and we urge everyone in the evacuation zones not to wait until gale-force winds," he said in a news conference from Coney Island as rain began to fall. "The time to leave is right now."

Against WHAT law exactly?

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 pm » by Blaborde1488

Please read this if you live in the area that the hurricane will hit. It's not bullshit, I live in New Orleans and this is exactly what they do.
gun-rights-suspended-under-a-state-of-emergency-t57841.html

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 5:02 pm » by Taintedsample

blaborde1488 wrote:Please read this if you live in the area that the hurricane will hit. It's not bullshit, I live in New Orleans and this is exactly what they do.
gun-rights-suspended-under-a-state-of-emergency-t57841.html

From my cold, dead hands.

The government has no constitutional basis to suspend our right to bear arms.

The government proved in New Orleans that they cannot or refuse to, protect you or your property, so you have to protect yourself.

Come try to take them, I dare ya.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 5:41 pm » by Endless16

taintedsample wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/mayor-those-leave-nyc-now-133844193.html

Mayor Michael Bloomberg urged those who needed to leave to do so right away Saturday morning. The city doesn't have enough resources to evacuate everyone after the weather worsens, he said about 2 ½ hours before the transit system was to shut down.

"Staying behind is dangerous, staying behind is foolish, and it's against the law, and we urge everyone in the evacuation zones not to wait until gale-force winds," he said in a news conference from Coney Island as rain began to fall. "The time to leave is right now."

Against WHAT law exactly?

Exactly, gale force winds... I'm looking at the live stream right now... this is like a holiday resort in the UK... MAN UP PEOPLE! :vomit:

Seriously Birmingham is like this 365 days a year.

I agree with the funneling effect Spock mentioned though, that might cause a few very minor problems, last time we had gale force winds when I was working in Chesterfield, an old woman got killed by a roof tile blown from a roof while walking down an alley.

But not exactly reason to evacuate 250,000 people.

That UFO was probably an umbrella, or a very excited pigeon.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 6:07 pm » by Truthdefender

e6722maj wrote:this is conditioning the population to be familiar with, and accepting of, mandatory mass movements by order of the government. because this will be a feature they'll be dealing with again in the near future. a practice run, if you will. to lessen the psychological upheaval in subsequent 'evacuations', as well as having the 'evacuees' know the drill in advance and thus be easier to control.
it's all in our best interests, of course.

I was thinking the same thing. However, if the storm turns out to be a dud, then they have sabotaged their fear mongering for evacuations in the future.

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

PreviousNext