Strange "theme" to hurricane coverage

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 pm » by Rydher

This is mostly FOX news so I'm not sure how the other mainstream media is covering it. But has anyone else noticed a big info push to get people to evacuate? I suppose it could be genuine concern but it just raises the flag a bit for me. Not sure of why they would want everyone to leave, if it's not genuine concern for safety. Perhaps "putting money in the bank" for future evacuations.

Watching Fox this morning they have been beating this drum hard. The anchors, reporters, and others calling people morons, yes actually saying morons, for not leaving. Bringing on psychologists comparing people that don't want to leave to gambling addictions. Telling people that there will be no help given to those that stay behind, with every so often saying until the storm passes. I have even heard them saying people will die if they don't head the evacuations.

Could be nothing but man, this drum is relentlessly being pounded. Just causes me to raise my eyebrows.

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm » by Rahkriga

Yeah CNN was telling people to evac as well. Its better to evac than to have a house fall on your head IMO. Why risk it? Everything is goona be closed so why not just get out of town for bit? Its not like staying in your house is going to make the hurricane go away. Dont forget all those dead bodies that were on tv when katrina hit. Those were the people that decided to stay so... Anyway..its pretty much fizzling out at this point.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:07 pm » by Rydher

I like to give people more credit than that though. You know your local area and you know how your house and business is constructed. I think the biggest reason, aside from the hassle of packing your stuff and leaving, is the aftermath. When authorities won't allow you into your neighborhood, home, etc until they deem it's safe.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm » by Richc

As i said in other threads something hasn't sat right with me on this since yesterday ( last night )

Its only a Cat 1 now and still has plenty of land to fizzle out over....

Weird stuff afoot me thinks.... ?

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm » by E6722maj

this is conditioning the population to be familiar with, and accepting of, mandatory mass movements by order of the government. because this will be a feature they'll be dealing with again in the near future. a practice run, if you will. to lessen the psychological upheaval in subsequent 'evacuations', as well as having the 'evacuees' know the drill in advance and thus be easier to control.
it's all in our best interests, of course.

whatever

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:15 pm » by Rydher

e6722maj wrote:this is conditioning the population to be familiar with, and accepting of, mandatory mass movements by order of the government. because this will be a feature they'll be dealing with again in the near future. a practice run, if you will. to lessen the psychological upheaval in subsequent 'evacuations', as well as having the 'evacuees' know the drill in advance and thus be easier to control.

Good point, never thought of that. Serves as two fold maybe. Conditions people like you said, good drill I suppose. When it's something really serious that will most likely kill people. People will remember this and not head the evacuation and could quite possibly die. Ridding the government of people that are more likely to resist "control". While those that survive are even more likely to do what the government says.

This site has made me into a freak. :ohno:

Writer

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:15 pm » by Xtratrance

e6722maj wrote:this is conditioning the population to be familiar with, and accepting of, mandatory mass movements by order of the government. because this will be a feature they'll be dealing with again in the near future. a practice run, if you will. to lessen the psychological upheaval in subsequent 'evacuations', as well as having the 'evacuees' know the drill in advance and thus be easier to control.

I do agree with that, but dont forget if something happens to 1 of many nuclear facility's you wont want radiation of people around the affected area now would you! :hell:

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:16 pm » by Blaborde1488

It's fear mongering via the mainstream media. They do it all the time. I remeber one year, the reporter was sitting in a canoe to talk about flooding. It was on live tv and a man was walking and crossed directly behind her. His ankles were all that was under water.
They do the same thing for the aftermath, why do you think the first image you see is a childs shoe or a church. The media uses mental voodoo to herd the sheep.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:19 pm » by Malogg

HAHA Image

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 3:22 pm » by Taintedsample

The real danger is people not listening when a real one comes. If they go overboard and nothing big happens people will turn a blind eye to their sensationalism.

Next