Students Turn Internet Into a Sixth Human Sense

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 5:18 am » by Dirtyrabbit

click here read more see 2 videos-> http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/02/ ... l-six.html

Students Turn Internet Into a Sixth Human Sense
LONG BEACH, California -- Students at the MIT Media Lab have developed a wearable computing system that turns any surface into an interactive display screen. The wearer can summon virtual gadgets and internet data at will, then dispel them like smoke when they're done. Pattie Maes of the lab's Fluid Interfaces group said the research is aimed at creating a new digital "sixth sense" for humans. In the tactile world, we use our five senses to take in information about our environment and respond to it, Maes explained. But a lot of the information that helps us understand and respond to the world doesn't come from these senses. Instead, it comes from computers and the internet. Maes' goal is to harness computers to feed us information in an organic fashion, like our existing senses.

Initiate

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 am » by Ourgreatcountry

hmm.. thats not dangerous at all :bang;

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 7:26 am » by Hesop

:P :D
Dangit! I'm stuck! Don't know what to say really!
But I can only imagine the TV commercials for this rig......
Hey Kids!!! Don't let school fool you! With our new 6th Sense, you may never have to worry about using that brain of yours again! why waste time trying to enjoy life.....When there is so MUCH more to enjoy on the Internet!!!.............

My God, what have we come too? And the practical uses are?????? Yeah, thats what I thought. No, wait a minute..Actually,
Should be handy as hell as equipment in different investigation scenarios, like crime scenes, and actually anywhere there might be a lot of info to catalog at once, like an archeology dig. Easier on site comparison data. But will they use for that? Or another toy?

Thanx for another GOOD one Dirtyrabbit!

Initiate

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 10:33 am » by Picachu

ourgreatcountry wrote:hmm.. thats not dangerous at all :bang;

yup just as dangerous as the y2k bug :ohno:

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 4:59 pm » by Towelie

Combine this with the new carbon nanomaterial(graphine transitor.) and also the new thin-film micro-ECoG device and theres the interface and composition materials, for a fully thought operated device.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 06, 2009 7:14 pm » by Dirtyrabbit

whats freaky is a few months I came up with an invention in my head of T shirt design and it looked like a video could be watched you would just plug it into your pc USB download a video and show it to anyone and every one
while out and it would have sound and you could wash the shirt

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

then I had another idea... why not make the shingles on your roof all solar little panels.. power your whole house instead of the rocky shingles thats really do nothing..
why not make use of them..

Upload to Disclose.tv

pretty much both of these have been invented..

after this I did a little search for other crazy inventions found these

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv