Stupid Says as Stupid Does

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am » by Chronicnerd

This just about sums up all of our economic issues, why the recovery failed, why his "calculus" didn't work out right with his "red line", and why he seems to think the job numbers and economy numbers are "doing well".

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; it does not somehow promote profligacy. All it does is it says you got to pay the bills that you've already racked up, Congress. It's a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved."

Obama went on to suggest that "the average person" mistakenly thinks that raising the debt ceiling means the U.S. is racking up more debt:

"It's always a tough vote because the average person thinks raising the debt ceiling must mean that we're running up our debt, so people don't like to vote on it, and, typically, there's some gamesmanship in terms of making the President's party shoulder the burden of raising the -- taking the vote."

Source: http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/obama-raising-debt-ceilingdoes-not-increase-our-debt-though-it-has-over

Ahh... I see...

Just because we *raise* the "debt ceiling" doesn't mean we increase our debt?

Wow... so... like let's really look at the *primary* words of interest that he said:

"raise debt ceiling..." not equal to "increasing our debt"...

The word "raise" generally means to "increase"...

The word "debt"... well... it means the same in "debt ceiling" as it does in "raising our debt"....

So... if raise = increase and debt = debt...

Yeah... pretty much explains the *ENTIRE* problem...

Not only does Obama believe his own bullshit, but the majority of his ~Obamazombie~ democratic pals up in Washington seem to nod their heads to this ~INSANE~ logic of his...

So there we have it... those who voted for this man in the 2012...

The man you voted for evidently truly believes that raising the debt ceiling does not mean it raises America's debt...

As in... Stupid says... what stupid does...

All he had to do was do a bing or google search for "debt ceiling" to see things like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_ceiling

The *VERY FIRST LINE*:
The United States debt ceiling or debt limit is a legislative restriction on the amount of national debt that can be issued by the Treasury.

So... debt ceiling = debt limit..

Raising the "debt limit" = raising the *AMOUNT* of debt one can incur.

If I have great credit scores... my credit card company will "raise my debt limit"...
This means... if I had say a $5k limit (i.e. debt ceiling) on my credit card and the credit card company raised it to $10k limit (i.e. increased potential debt by $5k)... then I potentially could "increase the amount of debt" I could incur.

The sad truth about "America's debt ceiling/limit"...is that THEY ALREADY OWE MORE THAN ITS CURRENT LIMIT/CEILING...

Thinking relative to my credit card....

It would be like me having $30k of debt on my $5k card... and the credit card company "raising my limit" to $10k... now I am "responsible" for the $10k of the $30k I actually owe...where as before my credit card raised my "debt ceiling"...I was only responsible for $5k...but after it was raised I would be responsible for the additional $5k of debt...

The issue is that when the U.S. Government "raises their credit limit" (i.e. debt ceiling), they allow themselves room to "over spend"...expecting to be able to eventually "raise the debt ceiling/limit".

This effectively means...

The U.S. Government will *SPEND MORE MONEY*...and as such ...*ALL AMERICANS* national debt will increase (i.e. what each American would have to pay to pay off the total debt).

The man... either is *really that dumb*...

=OR=

The man... *really thinks Americans are that dumb*...

:yell:

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 9:55 am » by DarkHeart

Well its neither of those things, its to lower the value of the dollar, which means that if you aren't very rich indeed you will be extremely poor, so poor you will be begging the "state" to take care of you, and you will be so desperate that you won't care what conditions or loss of rights that includes.

Initiate

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 pm » by Domeika

Chronicnerd wrote:
The man... either is *really that dumb*...

=OR=

The man... *really thinks Americans are that dumb*...

:yell:

The only thing wrong with that statement is the =OR= since both are correct. To the idiots that voted for their idiot king....he's super smart, which makes them about as intelligent as dryer lint so I wouldn't go assuming they can even grasp the simplest math.