Sugar 'is toxic' say scientists

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 pm » by Eisleo

While I accept and believe sugar is bad for one's health, what if this "discovery" is used to push asparthame as the only legal sweetener? :ohno:
"Kinder, die Zeit ist reif..."

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm » by Drjones

eisleo wrote:While I accept and believe sugar is bad for one's health, what if this "discovery" is used to push asparthame as the only legal sweetener? :ohno:

Highly unlikely. :lol:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:27 pm » by Eisleo

drjones wrote:
eisleo wrote:While I accept and believe sugar is bad for one's health, what if this "discovery" is used to push asparthame as the only legal sweetener? :ohno:

Highly unlikely. :lol:

Well, I know.
Pardon the paranoia, but they also pushed hard on energy saving light bulbs (at least in europe) making it impossible to buy one in regular shops.
"Kinder, die Zeit ist reif..."

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 pm » by Sentientseed

Been telling everyone in my family for years that sugar was poison. Have a lot of fat family members. Personally, if one is not active at all and spends most their time immobile, it is my belief that people are better off with very few carbs at all in this instance. But, we all are different and that belief may not necessarily be the case. Can't really brush everyone with the same stroke. For me, sugar is a nightmare if not kept in very small amounts. Carbs in general is. I lost tons of weight on a couple occasions and found by trial and error, that for me, the only time carbs are beneficial is when I am doing strenuous work and prefer not to get dizzy and feel exhausted while I am doing physical activity. Protein, protein, and more protein fits my body better. I learned early that for me, soy was a nightmare as well. It depleted my testosterone and made me deathly ill. Of course this occurred due to high intake of soy and probably has little effect in small amounts.

As far as drinks go, unless one drinks water (and makes certain it is good water at that) ya have to pick your poison. I prefer phenylalanine based poisons to sugar poisons. They affect me less in the short term. I drink tons of diet mt. dew. I know the risks but prefer it to sugar as sugar does affect me in the short term. I do believe it is as bad as most other things if not worse.

People can keep their low fat diets. I will stick with low carbs, lean meats, and fats in things like avacados, fish, nuts etc. I even prefer to eat as little breads as possible.

Carbs make me hungry even after a meal. Meats do not. I feel full on meat and don't have to eat as much of it. I intend to keep it that way because it is something that works for me.

Sugar will be a poison I will always keep to a low consumption. Again it is as bad if not worse than anything for me. People should read more about sugar. Lots of things are natural. Ergot is natural but I doubt one would care to eat much of it if they wanna live. Still, I support peoples rights to do as they wish. If they wanna go on the Veronica Moser diet...that is their business and not mine.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm » by Drjones

Nice real post Sentient, thanks mate. Veggie juices are where the life is at. :flop:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 8:49 pm » by Kyo121

glucose is bad fructose is bad sugar is bad blah blah...seems like nothing is ever good anymore..why can't people just get it through their head that too much of anything could be a bad thing and not that it's just bad in general. Practice some self control when using it and it should give you no problem.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 pm » by X-mog

"If a battle can't be won, don't fight it."
- old Japanese Proverb

Sugar is America's largest export though, I don't think it's indicative of the United States collective conscious, it's str8 economics dear lads. They can't very well just throw it away, now can they?

People who are mindful of their health, don't consume sugar laden quote unquote 'food'
I'll admit, I bought a few chocolate bars in the last week or few, but I'm quite sure I worked hard enough to burn off the calories and thanks for reminding me to practice what I preach Jones. Rock on London, Chicago...

Initiate

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm » by Lordblake7

Hmmm,so if i dont use sugar i could maybe live longer and be more healthy and not worry about all sorts of problems that it may have on me. But that means having my coffee without sugar.......FUCK THAT!!! SHORTER LIFE WITH SUGAR IN MY COFFEE IS BEST FOR ME.. It might be toxic but its yummy.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm » by Bleever

domdabears wrote:I'm a man. Most men lose their "sugar tooth" as they get older.
I don't crave sweets.
This would be a woman/child issue.

I still don't think anyone should be told how to eat by an authority figure.

Yup, I feel the same way. Not much into sweets however, I try to regulate my kids though. I have been using stevia for my coffee...
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 pm » by Cia212

This, the political debate, has nothing to do with health, it's about control and money. Some legislator (or several) is trying to shake down the candy industry. I bet this all goes away with a donation to the right campaign fund.

The truth is that nearly everything is toxic in enough quantity - people actually died from water poisoning during a radio contest. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-207_162-2365259.html

Sugar, even evil corn syrup, is fine as long as people exercise a little. That's the real problem, people don't exercise like they used to.

Previous