suggestion for fixing spam posts?

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 11:30 am » by mediasorcery

hey lukas or mods,i just had a thought if you were to make it so that members can only post a new topic after say 50-100/200/or say 500 posts or some number like that, could this be a way to prevent all those spam threads, do the same with videos too what say,??

would a spammer hang around long enough if they had to first post 100 posts before being allowed to start a new topic i wonder out loud? i guess you would get an indication of what there on about after that many posts too, and it could have a bizarre beneficial side effect of forcing them to enter into discussion here haha, :think: :lol:

just an idea, hope u don't mind me chiming in with this, delete this post please if its somehow un called for of course etc etc, regs mediashithed/ :flop: :lol:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 12:22 pm » by Opalserpent

Holy man, did your english suddenly improve?

I suppose spammers have nothing better to do.
I though increasing the difficulty of the registration process might deter spammers.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 12:27 pm » by Cosmine

Selecting members...active at night...mod em up!

Daytime...not much problems...estime

:cheers:
Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Super Moderator

PostFri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm » by The57ironman

..............Image

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 1:26 pm » by mediasorcery

every single time i come to this site, there is spam, every time, just saying, only cos i care, :think: :D

ps iron :cheers: read below and larf / :rtft: :look: :lol:

pss opal,[off topic] i had a humungous dirtbike accident last wkend in the bush, str8 outta jackass, mi helmet fogged up, couldn't see, went of 6ft embankment, me n mbike did summersault, bike landed upside down, i landed right on my head, nearly broke my neck loft, got huge bloody sore right up my nose haha, had to ride back for an hour fully concussed with bent handlebars lol, no wonder the spelling went off tap, u wonder why i bleve in god, just one of so many hehe, it was FULL ON KID U NOT. hahahaha.not making this up.fuk I'm sore still. can hardly walk, thats why I've been here at dtv all week:lol:

good to be here, good to be anywhere/ good to know you all too/ :clapper: :flop:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Super Moderator

PostFri May 30, 2014 1:30 pm » by Slith

mediasorcery wrote:every single time i come to this site, there is spam, every time, just saying, only cos i care, :think: :D

:flop: Media. I know it's a pain in the ass. Kind of hard to ban a country with 1.37 Billion for a population. But we're trying. One banhammer at a time.

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Super Moderator

PostFri May 30, 2014 1:36 pm » by The57ironman

mediasorcery wrote:every single time i come to this site, there is spam, every time, just saying, only cos i care, :think: :D

ps iron :cheers: read below and larf / :rtft: :look: :lol:

pss opal,[off topic] i had a humungous dirtbike accident last wkend in the bush, str8 outta jackass, mi helmet fogged up, couldn't see, went of 6ft embankment, me n mbike did summersault, bike landed upside down, i landed right on my head, nearly broke my neck loft, got huge bloody sore right up my nose haha, had to ride back for an hour fully concussed with bent handlebars lol, no wonder the spelling went off tap, u wonder why i bleve in god, just one of so many hehe, it was FULL ON KID U NOT. hahahaha.not making this up.fuk I'm sore still. can hardly walk, thats why I've been here at dtv all week:lol:

good to be here, good to be anywhere/ good to know you all too/ :clapper: :flop:

lmao....

....and yeah, i'm happy just waking up every day...

...welcome to the over-the-bars club, eh'..?..i'm a proud member :flop:

:cheers: media

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 1:47 pm » by mediasorcery

i guessed,^ thats why i mentioned it, goes with the territory.

can't believe I'm not in hospital. miracle.

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 1:51 pm » by Noentry

This might scare of the lurkers.
Last edited by Noentry on Fri May 30, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostFri May 30, 2014 2:02 pm » by mediasorcery

Slith wrote:

:flop: Media. I know it's a pain in the ass. Kind of hard to ban a country with 1.37 Billion for a population. But we're trying. One banhammer at a time.

i get this feeling its more than just advertising, its some kinda sabotage, makes my blood boil the way its so persistent, wish i knew how to hack them back, and cause them absolute kaos .

dtv is about the only place i bother to hang on the net, its an eye opening place, and outrageously funny sometimes. i guess after a while u get a bit protective somehow, attached etc, it has the golden ingredients,

, sensible freedom of expression and personality,

hey n/e, not to delete anyones posts, thats for mods etc, i mean i just though a rule where u can post replies only,[say 50]but no topics, until after a NEW member has made 50 posts in existing topics
, probably not practical,

it would mean spammers that join would need 50 posts before they could start a new topic?

Next